Help-me

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
R

Robertworship

I live in brasil.the peoples in my country at christian church doesn`t have the custom of raise the hands.
The bible speaks for us to raise our hands,but many peoples censure-me.
for example,dvds like hillsong the peoples haves the custom of express the praise for the Lord to raise the hands,of the manner.

M

MaggieMye

See Nehemiah 8:6, Psalm 63:4, 119:48, 134:2. 141:2, Lamentations 3:41, and 1 timothy 2:8 And show your fellow Christians that it's right there in the Bible.

Blessings,
Maggie

G

giantone

It isn't critical to raise your hands, but having freedom to do so is much better than not having the freedom to do it. If you worship in church you respect where you are at, when you visit someone's house you don't rearrange there furniture. (but if it is important you need to say something, but you can't twist there arm if they won't listen)

One thing I've found is that form counts for nothing and outward goosebumps are more easily counterfeited than the quiet inward filling by the Spirit of God.

Iv'e seen people from the church I went to in the past and they long for the past, they want raising your hands and jumping around (there is nothing wrong with those things) What is wrong is if in your mind you believe that any form of worship gets you closer to God by doing X,Y,and Z and seek an experience, you could be seeking the hand of God and not His face and not know it.

The church I go to right now is open to all those things but it rarely happens because thats how our worship goes our pastor's wife plunks on the piano and our pastor sings off key but worship is very filling and sweet. We have miracles a few a month but nothing razzle dazzle when prayed for. My mom has been cancer free for a few years from the worst cancer possible (small cell lung cancer) The doctor is totally floored that she is alive let alone cancer free. We are a group of misfits and it is cool what God is doing.

One thing you can do that I do is take a walk outside of town and sing to God and shout praise and sing personal psalms out to God, whatever comes out and dance and jump around, I don't have to worry about interfering with other people's worship or doing it for the wrong reasons. It gives you the freedom to wait and listen for God to speak even if it takes a half an hour.