HELP Men PLEASE

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
P

princessdeb4111962

If U were dating this women,N u really liked her ,but she was married and committed adultery on her husband,but she wasn't a christian then,n she didn't tell u.if u found out,would u keep on dating her,or brake it off,because doesn't the bible says u will b committing adultery urself?But the adultery brought her to the Lord,she repent,n ask forgiveness to God n her husband,but he isn't a christian,he couldn't forgive her,n he divorced her.
I guess what I am really asking is,Would u date a divorce women knowing she committed adultery on her husband?please help,if yes please tell me Y?n NO explain please?

R

RadioU

alrighty.. this is really confusing but the answer is.. yes i would date her as long as she was currently not married. the reasoning behind this is that she is not married, her past is forgiven and if Jesus can forgive her than why cant I?

J

JesusChaser

Actually RadioU if you were to marry her then yes you would be commiting adultery. She can remarry only her husband unless he was unfaithful to her or dies. So first off I wouldn't even dare to mess around with a married woman.

P

princessdeb4111962

Thats Y I wrote this thread I've been totally confused,if her sin r forgiven,then Y does the bible say,if the man ,she marries has just committed adultery.Is doesn't make any sense to me HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLP,any pastors out there PLEAAAAAAASE,mayb my friend should become a nun then.Unless she doesn't marry a christian.:confused:,she is committing a sin their too.

C

ChristopherMichael

Deb,

When I read your question, I thought of the passage below. To answer your question though, I would not rule out dating her, provided the following took place.

1. She has tried to get back together with her husband. This includes waiting for a while (a couple months maybe) so he's hopefully not as angry and misses her more.
2. She has been single for a while, like a couple of years. This gives her husband longer to take her back, and gives her time to get closer to God and grow as a Christian.
3. We both feel that a relationship with each other is what God is leading us to do.

Verse from 1 Corinthians, chapter 7:

10 To the married I give this command (not I, but the Lord): A wife must not separate from her husband.
11 But if she does, she must remain unmarried or else be reconciled to her husband. And a husband must not divorce his wife.
12 To the rest I say this (I, not the Lord): If any brother has a wife who is not a believer and she is willing to live with him, he must not divorce her.
13 And if a woman has a husband who is not a believer and he is willing to live with her, she must not divorce him.
14 For the unbelieving husband has been sanctified through his wife, and the unbelieving wife has been sanctified through her believing husband. Otherwise your children would be unclean, but as it is, they are holy.
15 But if the unbeliever leaves, let him do so. A believing man or woman is not bound in such circumstances; God has called us to live in peace.
16 How do you know, wife, whether you will save your husband? Or, how do you know, husband, whether you will save your wife?

God bless and help your friend!
- Topher

P

princessdeb4111962

Deb,

When I read your question, I thought of the passage below. To answer your question though, I would not rule out dating her, provided the following took place.

1. She has tried to get back together with her husband. This includes waiting for a while (a couple months maybe) so he's hopefully not as angry and misses her more.
2. She has been single for a while, like a couple of years. This gives her husband longer to take her back, and gives her time to get closer to God and grow as a Christian.
3. We both feel that a relationship with each other is what God is leading us to do.

Verse from 1 Corinthians, chapter 7:

10 To the married I give this command (not I, but the Lord): A wife must not separate from her husband.
11 But if she does, she must remain unmarried or else be reconciled to her husband. And a husband must not divorce his wife.
12 To the rest I say this (I, not the Lord): If any brother has a wife who is not a believer and she is willing to live with him, he must not divorce her.
13 And if a woman has a husband who is not a believer and he is willing to live with her, she must not divorce him.
14 For the unbelieving husband has been sanctified through his wife, and the unbelieving wife has been sanctified through her believing husband. Otherwise your children would be unclean, but as it is, they are holy.
15 But if the unbeliever leaves, let him do so. A believing man or woman is not bound in such circumstances; God has called us to live in peace.
16 How do you know, wife, whether you will save your husband? Or, how do you know, husband, whether you will save your wife?

God bless and help your friend!
- Topher
Thanks so much I will
Bless U brother
ur sister in Christ
DJ