Help on the anti-christ!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tallball158

I am a new christian. I was just saved five months ago. I am learning everyday, but there is one thing that I do not understand though, Anti-Christ. Would someone please help me understand what this is all about? Thanks!

Jan 8, 2009
hi tall, it's centred around these verses:

2Th 2:3 Let not anyone deceive you by any means. For that Day shall not come unless there first comes a falling away, and the man of sin shall be revealed, the son of perdition,
2Th 2:4 who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God, or that is worshiped, so that he sits as God in the temple of God, setting himself forth, that he is God.

And there's many others but I let others post them.

A general belief is that there will be one man, called the anti-Christ, who will come to power as a sort of world dictator during the end-times tribulation. How and when that happens is the source of disagreement amongst christians.

But technically, anyone who is "against Christ", is an anti-Christ. In 1 John, the term was used to refer to the gnostics, who were an ancient sect that didn't believe Jesus actually came in the flesh but was only a ghost or spirit.

N

NazariteNation

I am a new christian. I was just saved five months ago. I am learning everyday, but there is one thing that I do not understand though, Anti-Christ. Would someone please help me understand what this is all about? Thanks!
I wouldn't worry about him too much right now. Considering you're still young in the Lord, I'd focus on the getting to know the real Christ first. Once you do and have a firm grasp of scripture then the counterfeit seems far less intimidating.

Apr 14, 2007
1John 2:18a Dear children, this is the last hour; and as you have heard that the antichrist is coming, even now many antichrists have come.

19They went out from us, but they did not really belong to us. For if they had belonged to us, they would have remained with us; but their going showed that none of them belonged to us.

22Who is the liar? It is the man who denies that Jesus is the Christ. Such a man is the antichrist—he denies the Father and the Son.

26I am writing these things to you about those who are trying to lead you astray. 27As for you, the anointing you received from him remains in you, and you do not need anyone to teach you. But as his anointing teaches you about all things and as that anointing is real, not counterfeit—just as it has taught you, remain in him.

So, as God's Word reveals through John,anyone who teaches a gospel other than the true gospel that is taught about in the Word is an anti-Christ. Often, they are cults or sects of Christians who have been lead astray (Mormons, Jehovah's witnesses, and many other religious cults who pretend to be Christians are all examples of anti-Christs).

C

carpetmanswife

I wouldn't worry about him too much right now. Considering you're still young in the Lord, I'd focus on the getting to know the real Christ first. Once you do and have a firm grasp of scripture then the counterfeit seems far less intimidating.
i so agree :)

J

jesse

any one that is against Christ

T

tallball158

Thanks! All you have all been a big help! I appreciate that you guys take the time to teach!

Status
Not open for further replies.