help, reading the bible again?

• Thread starter wanting2believe
  • Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
W

wanting2believe

Ok so were do I start, what part of the bible? Ive read it before but how should I start, start all over.

S

SpaceCowboy

Start in Romans.

JimJimmers

Apr 26, 2012
I would definitely start in The New Testament. The Gospel of John is where a lot of people suggest. Romans is a great book too, of course.

W

wanting2believe

romans the beginning of the church lol anyways yes I shall start with Romans.

N

Nancyer

Romans is my favorite book and mine is loaded with highlights, underlines, etc. However, I bought my son a Teen Study Bible last weekend and he and I sat down (at a Carl's Jr., believe it or not) and checked out all that it offers in the way of a study resource. It suggested starting with Mark or John for the first time reader. We started with Mark. I had my NIV, his was a NKJ. He'd read the verse, I'd read mine. It was interesting to note the differences in wording and some of it he had trouble understanding until I read the NIV then his made sense. He went back and re read his verse.

Notes in the margins were helpful too. Mine is a Quest Study Bible and I love the notes and little 1/4 page articles explaining points, situations, etc. I also reminded my son that these notes are the opinion of the person or persons who formulated this particular Study Bible (my pastor reminds me of this every time I read one of these notes at our Bible Study sessions).

Anyway, Mark or John were suggested starting off points, but once again Romans is my personal favorite (I've probably been no help at all, have I? So sorry, :(

W

wanting2believe

No actually it is lots of help. I just want to hear peoples opinion about were to start.. I understand that to many we can probably can start in any part of the bible and it can make sense. Thanks you.

Lucy68

Jan 21, 2011
The Quest Study Bible is WONDERFUL. It's published by Zondervan. Great study tool....explains a lot of the scriptures without too much commentary.

W

wanting2believe

awesome :) Lucy. I actually red the bible online :) I dont have the money to buy a bible :/... but this website is alot of help so I just ask for opinions and guidance :)

J

Jullianna

So, how's your reading going? :)

W

wanting2believe

I bearly started yesterday I read a little cuz I guess im really bad at memorizing. I just try to comprehend the point of it. I even posted what I read.. I dont want to be spamming the forums but I guess that would be like a blog I hope nobody gets annoyed by it.