Help! Struggle

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Dec 26, 2017
Yes! That’s very true 8
This is why we are exhorted to work out our salvation with fear and trembling: why DO you believe? Many will want to tell you what you ought to believe, while they pooh pooh what you DO believe in your heart and know to be true because of your own convictions and personal experiences, and even your own relationship with God. One of the peculiar traits of non-believers is that they will mock your faith and say things like you only believe because you were told to (being brainwashed, they call it), while they want you to believe what they tell you to believe, simply because they believe it. The irony of their position is lost on them. Don't let it be lost on you. Non-believers believe a lot of things simply because a scientist said it, as if scientists have all the answers, when they most certainly do not. Not to mention the fact that there are plenty of theistic scientists, some of whom are Nobel prize winners.

[/QUOTE
yes
This is why we are exhorted to work out our salvation with fear and trembling: why DO you believe? Many will want to tell you what you ought to believe, while they pooh pooh what you DO believe in your heart and know to be true because of your own convictions and personal experiences, and even your own relationship with God. One of the peculiar traits of non-believers is that they will mock your faith and say things like you only believe because you were told to (being brainwashed, they call it), while they want you to believe what they tell you to believe, simply because they believe it. The irony of their position is lost on them. Don't let it be lost on you. Non-believers believe a lot of things simply because a scientist said it, as if scientists have all the answers, when they most certainly do not. Not to mention the fact that there are plenty of theistic scientists, some of whom are Nobel prize winners.

that’s true. I even had a friend told me I’m brainwashed. I believe because my family made me believe, I’m in a cult, and lastly I need to fix my own life there won’t be God or a Jesus to save me from misery. There is no God coming back... it made me sick

Jan 7, 2020
Hi everyone! Happy new year!

I noticed I have been struggling with my faith. I still believe truly in God! I wonder at times if I’m loosing my faith. I even get thoughts if there even is a God, I read too many things on the internet( huge mistake) now I’m struggling. I don’t want God to be upset with me that I doubt at times, or have doubted. I have even have friends that have told me how can you believe in this? pHave any of you all ever struggled with doubt? Or these types of thoughts. If not, can you all offer any advice?
Thanks!
Absolutely! Struggle and doubt is a very real human experience that will never stop.... countless, countless times throughout the Bible (old and new testament) it's a very prominent repeated theme. In the Old Testament - look at the Israelites and the countless examples of them doubting and their faith wavering - it's not a "coincidence" God put all of that in the Bible to guide us even today about how human mind and human nature will feel! Then throughout the New Testament - look how many times Jesus has to repeat, "You of little faith!" "Why do you doubt?" (and this is to people/disciples who are physically in Jesus' presence and have physically witnessed incredible miracles with their own eyes!) Again, God has that throughout the Bible for incredible reason and illustration that that is a human thing! Satan also very much knows this - and he plays upon that. Even if something comes up in life where you have but a flicker of doubt, a waver of faith (which is normal!), Satan capitalizing on those feelings to pull you down. If you're finding it's a consistent area you're struggling with (just for ie. finances)... Satan is going to attack stronger in that area to try and trip you up as best he can. That said, it's also how you can identify the area(s) you know you need to pour more into to build up stronger faith - finding scripture that supports, extra prayer specifically to help you in those area(s), etc, so that Satan can't win! Please remember: there is NOTHING you can do, say, or think to make God love you more, and there is NOTHING you can do, say, or think to make God love you less - that's God's incomprehensible, loving character! In these moments, He WANTS you to come to Him - have honest conversation with Him - acknowledge to Him that you're struggling and that you've been doubting - that honestly your faith in Him at times is wavering, and you need Him to help you out here! That's all He wants.... simply the raw you.... coming and seeking Him... no matter what area! You got this - because God's got you! 😊❤️

Dec 26, 2017
Absolutely! Struggle and doubt is a very real human experience that will never stop.... countless, countless times throughout the Bible (old and new testament) it's a very prominent repeated theme. In the Old Testament - look at the Israelites and the countless examples of them doubting and their faith wavering - it's not a "coincidence" God put all of that in the Bible to guide us even today about how human mind and human nature will feel! Then throughout the New Testament - look how many times Jesus has to repeat, "You of little faith!" "Why do you doubt?" (and this is to people/disciples who are physically in Jesus' presence and have physically witnessed incredible miracles with their own eyes!) Again, God has that throughout the Bible for incredible reason and illustration that that is a human thing! Satan also very much knows this - and he plays upon that. Even if something comes up in life where you have but a flicker of doubt, a waver of faith (which is normal!), Satan capitalizing on those feelings to pull you down. If you're finding it's a consistent area you're struggling with (just for ie. finances)... Satan is going to attack stronger in that area to try and trip you up as best he can. That said, it's also how you can identify the area(s) you know you need to pour more into to build up stronger faith - finding scripture that supports, extra prayer specifically to help you in those area(s), etc, so that Satan can't win! Please remember: there is NOTHING you can do, say, or think to make God love you more, and there is NOTHING you can do, say, or think to make God love you less - that's God's incomprehensible, loving character! In these moments, He WANTS you to come to Him - have honest conversation with Him - acknowledge to Him that you're struggling and that you've been doubting - that honestly your faith in Him at times is wavering, and you need Him to help you out here! That's all He wants.... simply the raw you.... coming and seeking Him... no matter what area! You got this - because God's got you! 😊❤️
God Bless you!! Wow! Thank you so much for explaining and breaking that down for me. I have tears because God knows our hearts and know me struggle! I forget that sometimes, I just never want him to be upset about my struggles. I even forget people on the Bible have trouble with faith! I appreciate you reply so so so so much!!

Rosemaryx

May 3, 2017
What a beautiful post , so very encouraging...xox...

Jan 7, 2020
God Bless you!! Wow! Thank you so much for explaining and breaking that down for me. I have tears because God knows our hearts and know me struggle! I forget that sometimes, I just never want him to be upset about my struggles. I even forget people on the Bible have trouble with faith! I appreciate you reply so so so so much!!
God's always got you! ❤️

3angelsmsg

Mar 1, 2018
Hi TrustingGod4Life,
I have been there also in my walk with the Lord. And it has gone on like that in the beginning stages of my conversion until recently when I drew a line in the sand.

In my case, I had been backsliding for couple of months. But, if I look back. I would guess that I did not come to complete conversion.

Because I was very luke warm and I wasn't overcoming very much. But praise be to God for the wisdom and understanding, God had revealed to me how to understand my body and how our thought process works in our heart or mind.

Without that knowledge, I would probably given up on my faith.