HELP TEETHING BABY!!!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

shrimp

Aug 28, 2011
If there are any moms or dads with an all natural pain reliever, we would greatly appreciate it.

H

Hellooo

Not a parent, but eldest kid of a lot of siblings and cousins. Refrigerate a pacifier or teething ring and give it to your baby -- it helps soothe some of the pain by numbing the gums. You might also want to massage a few drops of peppermint oil or vanilla on the gums in the area where the tooth is growing.

shrimp

Aug 28, 2011
Thank you so much. It was a rough night last night. :( My poor baby wouldn't fall asleep until 9:30-10 pm after we filled her bottle with ice water. She more-or-less just chewed on the nipple but she was content.

breno785au

Jul 23, 2013
Australia
Hi there, our one year old is going thru teething as well. Its a tough time for both parents and tots. We use infants teething relief tablets by New Era brand, they work great. Wish you all the best with it!

O

overcomer2

have you seen the new teething blanket. It looks like a washrag with tags all over it. I've seen many teething babies use that because the tag is rough and they can put it in their mouth on the gum and rub and chew. Make sure you nap when the baby naps if its possible. You need sleep too!

Lucy68

Jan 21, 2011
My babies liked to chew on damp washcloths. If they were having trouble sleeping I gave just a tad of baby tylenol.

shrimp

Aug 28, 2011
Just wanted to share that, her first tooth broke through yesterday. She is still, occasionally, in pain and frustration. Praise God there's a tooth!

lydever91

Aug 5, 2011
I've heard about a teething necklace. I've never tried it, but heard by a mother of a baby with horrible pains that it's the best. Here's the link (I'm not condoning everything the family does/says, but posting this as a means to help a family out)

Elizabeth619

Jul 19, 2011
freeze a wet washcloth. I babysit an 8 month old and she is trying to cut some teeth right now. Anything cold helps sooth her gums.

Cutting their first tooth is the hardest in my opinion. I remember when my son cut his teeth. His fever shot up, throwing up, and very irritable. I ended up taking him to the ER. I thought something was terribly wrong. After the docs saw nothing was wrong I went home and put him to bed. Next morning he had his first tooth. He no longer had fever and was back to being his happy little self.

shrimp

Aug 28, 2011
Thanks for the advice.
She's doing great now. Got two bottom teeth and currently working on four top teeth. :)

lydever91

Aug 5, 2011
Thanks for the advice.
She's doing great now. Got two bottom teeth and currently working on four top teeth. :)
Wow 4 top teeth. My son's almost one and has two bottom and 1.25 on the top lol.

Angela53510

Jan 24, 2011
Be very careful about teething herbal supplements. My DIL gave my grandson one, and he had a severe seizure that night. Tests showed it was NOT epilepsy. It turns out many babies have been having seizures on this. Sorry, no name, as she erased the FB post about it.

I can find out, if you really want to know. Best to stick to ice and Tylenol in small quantities.

S

StephanieClaire

I know you said natural yet my pediatrician suggested rubbing benadryl on my infants gums. Only dab your finger in the liquid and rub on gums. It will sooth and relax your baby.

Fenner

Jan 26, 2013
Clove oil works.for toothache, it might help for teething. A
I used to massage there gums too. Sometimes if a tooth is really close to the surface you can get it to come through.

just_monicat

Jan 1, 2014
Clove oil works.for toothache, it might help for teething. A
I used to massage there gums too. Sometimes if a tooth is really close to the surface you can get it to come through.
i've got to speak up here. clove oil should never ever be on gums, regardless of whether you teeth or not. it's a highly reactive oil, and will burn/damage gums.

nice idea though.

Fenner

Jan 26, 2013
Monicat im glad you said something, I must have the wrong oil. Yikes, sorry shrimp!

Fenner

Jan 26, 2013
I always used Tylenol or advil, not a ton and a cold teething ring. And also massaged their gums.