Help! Things r getting a little too STEAMY!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
C

CollegeGal

Can Anyone give me some advice?

Hi. I came to a christian chat site to get some good christian advice... none of that "its just easier to divorce, do what feels good, what you want" worldly crap.

I'll make this quick- I need help with my relationship! My fiance and I are getting married in a few months, but things aren't all bright and cheery anymore. He is in the Airforce in ROTC. He also plays men's soccer in the afternoon & works at night. He has so many commitments, but it seems like he is forgetting his commitment to me. I know we both still love each other, and the wedding is still on, but I am getting worried... I usually only get a "goodmorning" and then a "goodnight". & we talk maybe 10minuts combined. I tried bringing up to him that i feel like he isn't making time out of his day for me & that it hurts, but it makes him angry because he says he can't do anything about it. Then we both get angry & in the end it ends up in both of us yelling & cussing at each other. We are both christians, struggling, but still with God.

I don't know what to do! Am I in the wrong? Is there any Bible verses or anything that could help?? (We are signed up for marriage counseling, but wont start till he graduates ROTC).

Sincerely,
Bride-to-be tired of fighting.

R

Rheod

Tell him how u feel at an appropriate time and explain it to him. If he truly loves you he will listen

Devoted2JC

Jan 16, 2011
CollegeGal, Hi welcome.

D

DanuckInUSA

Welcome. Respect the space he needs. You are about to spend the rest of your life with this man. Continue to make the effort to speak to him just dont nag.

L

lucid

MY advise, is to put the wedding plans on hold - for another year.!! PLEASE TAKE MY ADVISE. GOD IS TRYING TO SHOW YOU WHAT YOU NEED TO SEE. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, PUT THE WEDDING OFF FOR 1 MORE YEAR. ITS NOT THE RIGHT TIME. Please do as I say. pospone it.!!!

Don't worry about what people say, your girlfriends are going to upset you, and try and talk you into going forward, but --now is not the time. God is giving you some signs, you see them...walk out in faith and pospone the wedding for 1-more year.

S

stoobee

Dear CollegeGal,

Lucid is correct to ask you to wait. If you are having problems agreeing on small things while you are still courting, how much more will you have greater problems as time goes by? Time does NOT heal all wounds, but allows for wounds to grow worse without intervention. Stop and seriously consider what information you have already been sharing: "He has so many commitments, but it seems like he is forgetting his commitment to me." "I am getting worried." "I usually only get a "goodmorning" and then a "goodnight". & we talk maybe 10minuts combined." "...it hurts." "...he says he can't do anything about it." "...we both get angry ." You agree that you both love one another, but ask yourself, "Are we even friends?"

Getting married because you feel you must is not wise. But praying, seeking wise counsel, and being patient, are not only biblical, but signs of Christ-like maturity.

Dec 19, 2009
Welcome to CC, CollegeGal.

I would not get married until I got this fixed, and I would let him know immediately. The longer you wait, the harder it will be to call off the wedding.