Help with an odd issue

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
M

makerofmyheart

Okay so basically I have sort of been an on again off again Christian my whole life. Recently I have been going to a Church I love and am really getting my roots planted. I started going right after the birth of my daughter when I developed severe anxiety and felt that the only one who could help me was God. I had always known that despite 11 years of sexual abuse I suffered as a child/teenager.
Anyway I love this Church and I come back so energized and feel so secure and loved by God. At night is when my anxiety sets in and it's so bad sometimes I get very little sleep. Anyway, I went to Church tonight (Sat night) because my husband works tomorrow. I realized during that sermon that the reason I have this anxiety is because God knows that if I didn't I would drift away from him again as I have done in the past and to me it also makes sense, even though I love the Church I am at.
So leaving Church I was greatful that God had revealed himself to me and let me know why I have struggled with 2 years of night time anxiety so I was content, not because I had it but because I finally understood why I had it and why my prayers for him to take it away had not been answered.
I got home and everything changed though. The anxiety began to get stronger than I ever remember and began crushing me. Usually I would pray and it would go away but this time it didn't, instead it got more intense. I know it is the devil and he is afraid of the lesson I learned and is trying to make me be worry and be afraid. I don't want to let him win but what can I do when the anxiety festers to the point I am shaking and can't sleep. I have banished Satan in the name of Jesus and prayed and 99% of the time that does the trick but what can I do that 1% of the time when I worry so much that it is almost unbearable.

April

J

JessicaN88

Hmm..It's interesting because I dealt with the SAME thing. As for me, I had a history of verbal/emotional and sometimes physical abuse from my drunken father. At the age of, maybe 12, I started getting anxiety. So bad that I got panic attacks. It hit me hard for many years. I was pregnant at age 18 and it hasn't appeared during the pregnancy. When my daughter was born, a few months later, it came and it came back BAD. I was so anxious all the time, for no reason, and eventually developed depression. It took a while for God to lift me out, but boy did he do it! And my faith grew a million times more. And because of this situation, I can look back and say "Wow lord you are amazing". And because He showed me how great his power is.. Til this day I am still amazed and forever grateful, therefore there is NO way that I'm leaving Him. Not now, not later, not never.

I know sometimes you may feel like "Lord, what's up with this? Why isn't it COMPLETELY gone? But it's part of God's plan. Like a lemon, He probably wants to squeeze ever single drop of faith he can out of you. And you're right, if nothing is wrong with us we tend to backslide. But through your trials and tribulations, it will cause your faith and love for the Lord to grow more and more. He WILL deliver you and you have to believe it. He won't put you through something that you can't handle. However, you can't let this situation be the only reason why you're seeking him. Do more for him. Pray day and night. Fast a few times a week (even if you just skip breakfast or something). Read and study the Bible. Listen to Christian music in your home and sing while you do your daily activities. Just have Him on your mind, day and night. Ask for forgiveness so you are cleansed. Don't ever doubt. That's what the devil wants you to do. Never show signs that your in distress (and don't say anything about it). Resist the devil and He shall flee. Keep trusting in Him.."For with God nothing will be impossible." (Luke 1:37). He is waiting on you to do something, I don't know, maybe you know or maybe you are yet to find out...commit yourself more and more with God. Though you may think you can't get any more closer to him, yes you can. He's molding you into the best Christian you can be.

Hope this helped. If you want to reply and chat, feel free. Meanwhile, I will keep you in my prayers.

With much love, Jessica

BLU

Banned
Jul 26, 2009
Okay so basically I have sort of been an on again off again Christian my whole life. Recently I have been going to a Church I love and am really getting my roots planted. I started going right after the birth of my daughter when I developed severe anxiety and felt that the only one who could help me was God. I had always known that despite 11 years of sexual abuse I suffered as a child/teenager.
Anyway I love this Church and I come back so energized and feel so secure and loved by God. At night is when my anxiety sets in and it's so bad sometimes I get very little sleep. Anyway, I went to Church tonight (Sat night) because my husband works tomorrow. I realized during that sermon that the reason I have this anxiety is because God knows that if I didn't I would drift away from him again as I have done in the past and to me it also makes sense, even though I love the Church I am at.
So leaving Church I was greatful that God had revealed himself to me and let me know why I have struggled with 2 years of night time anxiety so I was content, not because I had it but because I finally understood why I had it and why my prayers for him to take it away had not been answered.
I got home and everything changed though. The anxiety began to get stronger than I ever remember and began crushing me. Usually I would pray and it would go away but this time it didn't, instead it got more intense. I know it is the devil and he is afraid of the lesson I learned and is trying to make me be worry and be afraid. I don't want to let him win but what can I do when the anxiety festers to the point I am shaking and can't sleep. I have banished Satan in the name of Jesus and prayed and 99% of the time that does the trick but what can I do that 1% of the time when I worry so much that it is almost unbearable.

April
(Mt 6:6) But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.
Then pray in you heart and (1Thes 5:17) Pray without ceasing.
(Eph 5:19) Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord;
(Php 4:8) Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things [are] honest, whatsoever things [are] just, whatsoever things [are] pure, whatsoever things [are] lovely, whatsoever things [are] of good report; if [there be] any virtue, and if [there be] any praise, think on these things.

Jul 29, 2009
I started going right after the birth of my daughter when I developed severe anxiety and felt that the only one who could help me was God.
April
April, I really think you should see a doctor. You may have a hormone or chemical inbalance. There are often physical causes for anxiety. Also, you may want to talk to somebody about your history of sexual abuse.

B

broken

yep go see a doctor but also continue to pray and use wisdom.

D

dustmite30

it seems like you are doing everything well. Just keep praying, keep strengthening your relationship with Christ. He loves you, and he brought you to this church because he wants you close to him. In the bible it says, he will be there for you in everything, just call on his name, and he will make things better. I know you have anxiety, but trust in the Lord, and he will rescue you, and then you will rejoice, and your relationship with Christ will be even stronger than before.

God Blesss <3

April