Here's a messed up situation, curious as to what others think about this

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ResidentAlien

Apr 21, 2021
I'm actually being as serious as a heart attack when I say what I said. But that's ok, make the same mistakes I made....see what you think....I'm not responsible for anyone's soul but my own.
It sure doesn't sound like you feel that way. It looks to me like you think it's your duty to show everyone else the light and save them from themselves. That's the way it comes across to me at least.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015

Ezekiel 18:4 plus 32
:)

Jul 1, 2023
It sure doesn't sound like you feel that way. It looks to me like you think it's your duty to show everyone else the light and save them from themselves. That's the way it comes across to me at least.
That's your perception of what I mean. Also when you read text online, it's kind of hard to tell someone's true intentions without seeing their body language and hearing their voice. I said it once and I'll say it again, I was being serious. If I have to say it 50 more times, then I will.....

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Thank God for that....because as a person I'm just as fallible! It'd be crazy for me to tell people how to live! The only person who should truly be preaching is someone who does not know what sin is (and I'm not just referring to Jesus and Mary. I'm talking about an actual person on Earth right now). If you can find such a person, I will sit down and believe every word that comes out of that person's mouth....I won't even question it!
Mary was not sinless. She was as much in need of a Saviour as anyone else, and acknowledged as much.

Pssssst. You have been telling people how they should live.

Jul 1, 2023
Mary was not sinless. She was as much in need of a Saviour as anyone else, and acknowledged as much.

Good so you proved my point that religion can be fallible, cause some people truly believe that Mary was Immaculate....

ResidentAlien

Apr 21, 2021
That's your perception of what I mean. Also when you read text online, it's kind of hard to tell someone's true intentions without seeing their body language and hearing their voice. I said it once and I'll say it again, I was being serious. If I have to say it 50 more times, then I will.....
Okay Greenie, have a nice life. Hope you get all your issues worked out.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Good so you proved my point that religion can be fallible, cause some people truly believe that Mary was Immaculate....
Is your family Roman Catholic?

PS~ Jesus knows very well what sin is. He is sinless.

Since you do not wish to follow mere fallible mortals, follow Him.
It'd be crazy for me to tell people how to live!
You do tell people how to live.

Jul 1, 2023
So do you.

Just unite for crying out loud. You don't have to be buddy buddies with anyone. Just get a community together and come up with something everyone can agree on. If you need to compromise on something, compromise, but make sure it's a mutual compromise.

Jul 1, 2023
Okay Greenie, have a nice life. Hope you get all your issues worked out.
I have an awesome life, wouldn't change it for anyone. I have a good home, and a confused family, but at least we're suffering together. And, that's good enough for me!

F

FollowingtheWay

So Christianity “cages you in”

And how do we ensure our souls don’t make the same move as that of evil men as hitler? We have to be guided by a higher power than ourselves. The Christian life is own of surrender to that higher Power. We submit ourselves and take the lowest seat at the table. And let our God raise us up in His timing. This practice keeps us humble and submissive to the higher power. The bar to become a Christian is very accessible really. It’s simply saying God , I’m not enough on my own. I need you Jesus because I can’t live as you have called me to on my own. Jesus empower me to be a better lover. To love as you have called me to love.
“Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.”
‭‭1 Corinthians‬ ‭13‬:‭4‬-‭7‬, ‭13‬ ‭NIV‬‬

I fail at this love multiple times a day. But I can run to a God who is merciful and He forgives my failures and I can get back up and continue to live this life of love.
So that’s the Biblical basis for Love. How are you defining love? A feeling? An emotional response? Love is so much more than those Greenie. I pray your eyes may be opened to what Love really is. Our God , the God of the universe is that definition of love. Jesus is the fullness the embodiment of that love perfected on Earth. So how does your “spirituality “ define love?

Status
Not open for further replies.