He's Flying

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
K

Kyouken

Before I say anything, praise God!

My brother is going on a flight for an hour and a half, but he's got an abscess in his mouth that's burst and he can't stay where he is. There'll be a storm coming around 10ish, and he's got to wait until 10 until the flight. I can't say the whole situation here (it's too long for one conversation), but he's getting anxiety attacks and he's pretty darn scared. Before I go any further, I'll say that he's saved.
The abscess should be pretty much taken care of, but I said that 'cause he was advised not to fly. Like I said, though, he can't stay where he is now.

No problem is too big for God, and I know that we can get through this! Praise God! I may not be able to post whether or not he got here safe tonight, but I'm not too worried about it. I know that prayer is powerful, and God is too :). Praise God!

K

Kyouken

Technically it depends on what the person prays, but if someone who knows a good bit about spiritual laws and how God works (and what His will is, of course) prays, then BOOM! Stuff happens! Also, Scripture says it too (John 14:14 - "And whatever you ask in My name, that I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son."). The reason why I'm not too worried about it is because I've prayed about it and I'm going to stand on that and believe. It takes something on the person who is praying's part, too, which is why I've believed and why I do believe. I also believe that He's already moved, too. When he gets home safe, I'll post it here so you know.

Oct 10, 2011
Technically it depends on what the person prays, but if someone who knows a good bit about spiritual laws and how God works (and what His will is, of course) prays, then BOOM! Stuff happens! Also, Scripture says it too (John 14:14 - "And whatever you ask in My name, that I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son."). The reason why I'm not too worried about it is because I've prayed about it and I'm going to stand on that and believe. It takes something on the person who is praying's part, too, which is why I've believed and why I do believe. I also believe that He's already moved, too. When he gets home safe, I'll post it here so you know.
The probability of him getting home safely is astronomically high. Do you have any better examples?

K

Kyouken

It makes it easier to believe God 'cause it's so high :). I already gave you the best example - what God said in His word. Everything God says is like a covenant. And He isn't one to lie, at that.

Oct 10, 2011
It makes it easier to believe God 'cause it's so high :). I already gave you the best example - what God said in His word. Everything God says is like a covenant. And He isn't one to lie, at that.

My 11 year old cousin died of a rare form of cancer, she had thousands praying for her to be healed.

N

NodMyHeadLikeYeah

My 11 year old cousin died of a rare form of cancer, she had thousands praying for her to be healed.
And my grandmother, aunt, and brother all died within six months of each other. Such is life kid, people live then they die. Its nobodys fault. The guy is asking for prayer, not for you to question everything..

To K, i prayed and Lord willing everything will be fine :)

K

Kyouken

That's because WE'RE supposed to command healing over and and believe that we've already been healed. It isn't taught in a lot of places, and that's because people don't like taking responsibility. It doesn't help to pray for what has already been done.

If I gave you something, and then you asked me, "Can I have that?", wouldn't it be pointless?

Take a look at Isaiah 53:5. Now take a look at Peter 2:24. Notice anything? It says we were healed. We need to command healing over something in Jesus' name. That alone won't do it, however - we also need to speak to the problem, as Jesus spoke to the fig tree.

Unless you want me to go into any further detail, I will, but for now, I think that's good.

K

Kyouken

Thank you, NodMyHeadLikeYeah! I just know he's going to be alright! Praise God!

And truthseeker, if you have any more questions, pm me, and I'd be happy to answer them. If you don't like my answers (I can understand if you don't :) ) just ask God. Heck, He can tell you better than I can.

Oct 10, 2011
Hes asking for prayer that his brothers flight gets home safely, that's like praying for a safe trip to the dentist, statistically the event has very little risk and he will most likely be fine. I'm asking how we know prayer even works, I know from my personal experience that it rarely works better than chance. Its an important question for Christians, posed in a chat room that was created to discuss such things, if you don't like it find a new thread.

K

Kyouken

Ho now, it's alright... Prayer doesn't mean crap without belief on the person's part. If you don't believe for what you've prayed for, well, it probably won't happen. You also need to take into account what God's will is (which, might I add, is clearly represented in His word). Then there are spiritual laws. I don't mean to make it sound like a process, but it kind of is. You've got to believe that you'll get what you've asked for. Unless God tells you that instance, of course you don't know. That's why you need to see with your faith and not your eyes. Is it easy? Not all the time, nay, almost rarely. But with God, you're all good.

Jilly81

Jan 16, 2011
Hes asking for prayer that his brothers flight gets home safely, that's like praying for a safe trip to the dentist, statistically the event has very little risk and he will most likely be fine. I'm asking how we know prayer even works, I know from my personal experience that it rarely works better than chance. Its an important question for Christians, posed in a chat room that was created to discuss such things, if you don't like it find a new thread.
Actually, the prayer request forum wasn't created for theological discussion; Nod was just defending the OP and his right to post a prayer request without a debate. Also, the Bible says in John 9:31,"Now we know that God heareth not sinners: but if any man be a worshipper of God, and doeth His will, him He heareth". If the prayers in your personal experience were made by people who hadn't had their sins forgiven by the blood of Jesus, their prayers wouldn't really be better than chance, except that it gives people a small psychological advantage sometimes. Even people who have been saved but aren't trying hard to please God and aren't praying as hard will have their prayers treated differently. "Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much" (James 5:16).

Last edited:
K

Kyouken

Thanks for the prayers, guys! Praise God! He got in safe, and all is well :)

Oct 10, 2011
Actually, the prayer request forum wasn't created for theological discussion; Nod was just defending the OP and his right to post a prayer request without a debate. Also, the Bible says in John 9:31,"Now we know that God heareth not sinners: but if any man be a worshipper of God, and doeth His will, him He heareth". If the prayers in your personal experience were made by people who hadn't had their sins forgiven by the blood of Jesus, their prayers wouldn't really be better than chance, except that it gives people a small psychological advantage sometimes. Even people who have been saved but aren't trying hard to please God and aren't praying as hard will have their prayers treated differently. "Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much" (James 5:16).

My entire family are devout Christians and very good people. We had large prayer meetings at her family's church where hundreds came out to pray for her to be healed, she also had many different churches praying for her.

K

Kyouken

truthseeker, it doesn't do any good to ask God to heal someone. He's already healed everyone He was going to heal when Jesus died on the cross.

I don't say that to say that you're wrong, but just to let you know. I'm very sorry that your cousin died of cancer.

Jilly81

Jan 16, 2011
Truthseeker, there's something else that I didn't think to mention when I made my first post a day or so ago. God isn't a vending machine. We have to ask according to His will (1 John 5:14 says "And this is the confidence that we have in Him, that, if we ask anything according to His will, He heareth us"). I know that it seems like healing a little girl of cancer would automatically be something that would be in God's will, but we can't see the future....we won't fully know until we get to heaven how the testimony of her family could help somebody else who is going through a desperate, horrible struggle like that, or even bring others to Christ! Although it's sad when a loved one leaves this Earth, it's actually just going home for a believer. Another thing I wanted to say...don't take this wrong; I'm not saying that your family is bad, but whenever someone says that they or someone else is/are "good", it's an instant red flag, partly because most people mean "I don't intentionally hurt others in a physical way" when they say that, but also because you are judging someone's heart when you do that. We shouldn't give people a good/bad label. All people are sinners; some of us have accepted Salvation, others haven't (yet! :)). Romans 3:23 says "For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God".
Kyouken, glad everything turned out well this time, but concerning people not being healed after Jesus died for us, don't forget about the people who were healed in the New Testament, like in Acts 19:11-12; "And God wrought special miracles by the hand of Paul: So that from his body were brought unto the sick handkerchiefs or aprons, and the diseases departed from them, and the evil spirits went out of them.". There are many other instances in the Bible in which God healed people after Jesus had already died on the cross, but that was the first one I found (sure didn't take long to find it; there's so many instances, especially in the book of Acts :)). God still heals people today too.

K

Kyouken

Jilly81, thank you! Also, when I said that God hasn't healed someone since when Jesus died on the cross, I meant that He died for our sicknesses too, not just sins :) i.e. like since we already have forgiveness of sins on the inside of us, we already have perfect health inside of us, too. And I'm pretty sure it is God's will for us to be healthy, right?