He's still setting captives free

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Dpax1231

May 11, 2021
Just to keep a 30 year story short I went to church a few Easters and Christmas' and couldn't stand it my flesh rebelled so badly at even the idea of God. At the age of 12 I started using drugs (mostly to be heroin and methamphetamine) I started really getting involved in sexual immorality and treated woman terrible. Between the ages of 12-30 I was incarcerated 18 times, went to 11 treatment centers, 3 psychiatric hospitals, overdosed 4 times, during all that time I was reading of all different religions and pray to all sorts of false God's, I really truly lived as an enemy of the Christ. Arguing against Christ and Christians. When I woke up from the last coma I was in, I remember clearly thinking maybe I should pray because I always did when I was going to jail but this thought came that I was so hopeless that I didn't have a prayer left. I knew if Jesus is God I had blown my chance at that and I tried every other "god" and by God's grace slowly Jesus has shown me his love and mercy. I got set free from drug and alcohol addiction, from nicotine addiction and a whole lot of other stuff but most importantly Jesus set me free of eternity in hell, and by his blood paid my way to heaven. He is just an awesome God. I pray I can continue to grow in his grace.

God bless

1ofthem

Mar 30, 2016
Just to keep a 30 year story short I went to church a few Easters and Christmas' and couldn't stand it my flesh rebelled so badly at even the idea of God. At the age of 12 I started using drugs (mostly to be heroin and methamphetamine) I started really getting involved in sexual immorality and treated woman terrible. Between the ages of 12-30 I was incarcerated 18 times, went to 11 treatment centers, 3 psychiatric hospitals, overdosed 4 times, during all that time I was reading of all different religions and pray to all sorts of false God's, I really truly lived as an enemy of the Christ. Arguing against Christ and Christians. When I woke up from the last coma I was in, I remember clearly thinking maybe I should pray because I always did when I was going to jail but this thought came that I was so hopeless that I didn't have a prayer left. I knew if Jesus is God I had blown my chance at that and I tried every other "god" and by God's grace slowly Jesus has shown me his love and mercy. I got set free from drug and alcohol addiction, from nicotine addiction and a whole lot of other stuff but most importantly Jesus set me free of eternity in hell, and by his blood paid my way to heaven. He is just an awesome God. I pray I can continue to grow in his grace.

God bless
Praise the Lord. He is still setting the captives free. He still saves and he still heals.

Thanks for sharing your testimony.

God bless you.

Aldg19

May 11, 2021
I was raised in a Christian home but when I was a teenager I have questioned my faith and I wanted to do everything teen does drink and party with my friends who did it stuff in middle and high school but I don’t do it because I was a good girl . I still want to church with my parents but I keep not believing until I was 17 Jesus hugged me at church while we are praising him I felt him loving me and hugging me because he missed me that’s the day I re dedicated my life back to Jesus I have never ever been the same after that day we are closer than before and I dedicated my life to Jesus at 10 years old.