Hi guys hope you can help?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Wisdom765

Sep 26, 2023
Remember, we, as in, me, you and everyone else, we make up the Body of Christ, which is the Church! So, read the Word of God, you'll know that Catholicism is dead, the new church, meaning the Body of Christ has shifted to another level, GOD is not there anymore! Because the Bible says; "You will see them by their fruits."

Karlon

Mar 8, 2023
For anyone who is from the Orthodox or Catholic background currently or formally... I am confused between which one is the truth, I know only one can be the original church Christ started but I don't know which one. I lean more towards Catholicism but I fear that's only for the mere fact I am in the west and are far more familiar with Catholicism but then see the beauty and truth in Eastern Orthodoxy but as you probably guessed it, i find it difficult to imagine myself fully embracing eastern orthodoxy as it's quite ethnic based but I'm willing to push past this if it's truly the church that shares Jesus' message on earth correctly.

Any advice would be great, I'd appreciate it if was keep civil from those that aren't catholic and orthodox as I'm aware it's very controversial topic and also controversial to say there's only one true church but I believe truth isn't subjective so I will just leave it there. Thank you in advance and God bless
GET OUT OF CATHOLICISM NOW!!!! they teach the hail mary prayer which never once worked, salvation by works which was wrong, confessing your sins to a priest-wrong!, they don't teach the Holy Spirit's functions, they teach; "don't read the Bible you could misinterpret it", they teach celibacy for priests which is not in the Bible, they teach the pope is infallible, & lots more that's not Godly.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
GET OUT OF CATHOLICISM NOW!!!! they teach the hail mary prayer which never once worked, salvation by works which was wrong, confessing your sins to a priest-wrong!, they don't teach the Holy Spirit's functions, they teach; "don't read the Bible you could misinterpret it", they teach celibacy for priests which is not in the Bible, they teach the pope is infallible, & lots more that's not Godly.
I dunno... A Hail Mary occasionally works in football, if you don't have anything better to run. :D :cool:

Oct 2, 2023
Matt. 16:15-18
"15He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am? 16And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God. 17And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven. 18And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it."

Ephesians 4:15"But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ:" I Cor. 1213" For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit."

I Cor. 3:4 4For while one saith, I am of Paul; and another, I am of Apollos; are ye not carnal? 5Who then is Paul, and who is Apollos, but ministers by whom ye believed, even as the Lord gave to every man? (This is why people associate with church denominations instead of recognizing that Christ Jesus is the Head of all denominations.) We need to associate with Christ Jesus instead of religious titles and denominations. There is only one Holy Spirit, and therefore only one Spirit of Truth. There is only one Head of the Church who is the Head of all denominations who believe in Him, Christ Jesus and there is only one church, the body of Christ.

Philippians 2:12-13 Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling. 13For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.

Jesus said, "on this rock I will build my church." The focus is the "rock" of a solid foundation, is that Christ Jesus is the Son of God, not that Christ gave Peter his new name, but rather that Christ, being the Son of God, is able to give us a "new name", written down in glory.

We need to adhere to what the Holy Spirit instructs each of us individually, relying totally and completely on Him to direct a daily walk with Him and Christ Jesus, regardless of denomination we choose to affiliate ourselves with. We need to rely on Christ, and the Holy Spirit directly and independently and stop leaning on denominations to do it for us.

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
Matt. 16:15-18
"15He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am? 16And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God. 17And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven. 18And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it."

Ephesians 4:15"But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ:" I Cor. 1213" For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit."

I Cor. 3:4 4For while one saith, I am of Paul; and another, I am of Apollos; are ye not carnal? 5Who then is Paul, and who is Apollos, but ministers by whom ye believed, even as the Lord gave to every man? (This is why people associate with church denominations instead of recognizing that Christ Jesus is the Head of all denominations.) We need to associate with Christ Jesus instead of religious titles and denominations. There is only one Holy Spirit, and therefore only one Spirit of Truth. There is only one Head of the Church who is the Head of all denominations who believe in Him, Christ Jesus and there is only one church, the body of Christ.

Philippians 2:12-13 Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling. 13For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.

Jesus said, "on this rock I will build my church." The focus is the "rock" of a solid foundation, is that Christ Jesus is the Son of God, not that Christ gave Peter his new name, but rather that Christ, being the Son of God, is able to give us a "new name", written down in glory.

We need to adhere to what the Holy Spirit instructs each of us individually, relying totally and completely on Him to direct a daily walk with Him and Christ Jesus, regardless of denomination we choose to affiliate ourselves with. We need to rely on Christ, and the Holy Spirit directly and independently and stop leaning on denominations to do it for us.
Why isn't the rock the revelation by God to Peter who Jesus is?

Oct 2, 2023
Because, like Peter, before anyone can even come to Christ and be saved, they must come to the realization that Christ Jesus is the Son of God, and the only way to God, and as the scripture points out, "Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.", man can't bring that revelation, only God can bring that divine revelation, and God chooses who He gives that revelation. Therefore it is Christ Jesus who builds the church, It is God, through the Holy Spirit who causes the revelation, it is Christ Jesus who is the very solid foundation of the church and the revelation is the divine method by which church is built.

Oct 2, 2023
Remember, we, as in, me, you and everyone else, we make up the Body of Christ, which is the Church! So, read the Word of God, you'll know that Catholicism is dead, the new church, meaning the Body of Christ has shifted to another level, GOD is not there anymore! Because the Bible says; "You will see them by their fruits."
I don't think it is fair to, even by mistake, give the impression that people who are of the Catholic faith are not saved.

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018
I don't think it is fair to, even by mistake, give the impression that people who are of the Catholic faith are not saved.
The sites official position, as well as that of most users here, is to reject Catholicism. Many view it as a cult, some even view it as Babylon itself.
It's up to you if you decide to argue this point, but Catholics arguing that point are a dime a dozen on this site.

Gojira

Jul 20, 2021
Mesa, AZ
Up here the orthodox churches have some impact on religious life near the Russian border. In Kirkenes, about 600 miles east of here, ten percent of the population is of Russian origin. It’s like in the Cold War. Espionage, betrayal and ordinary people being blackmailed into doing “favors” for different intelligence services.
Sounds so... holy.

Gojira

Jul 20, 2021
Mesa, AZ
The sites official position, as well as that of most users here, is to reject Catholicism. Many view it as a cult, some even view it as Babylon itself.
It's up to you if you decide to argue this point, but Catholics arguing that point are a dime a dozen on this site.
I've met people who I'd have to call 'born-again Catholics'. As for the denomination itself, I have some serious problems with its theology.

Oct 2, 2023
(Islam views Christianity as a cult, but as Christians the focus should always be about Christ.

Oct 2, 2023
Too often Christians take on the role of discerning God's grace in a person's life instead of focusing on the Matt. 28, the great commission to go into the world and make disciples teaching them to observe whatsoever we have been taught to observe.

Wisdom765

Sep 26, 2023
They may be saved but their religion is dead!