Hi! Looking for online friends

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

SpiritFilled79

Hello all!
I just turned 30 yesterday and am looking to meet some new friends around the world. I am going to be moving away from all my friends here in Green Bay, WI soon, so I thought I'd make some online friends to chat with if I can't see the others.

I don't know what info people tend to put in these 'new people' forums. I feel like a list of traits or likes and dislikes would only come off sounding like a cheesy personal ad. haha But here are some...

I do love the color orange, cooking, kitchen supplies (especially Pyrex glassware), friends, game nights, spending time with friends, freely worshipping God, learning, connecting people to other Christians, watching movies, reading instruction manuals (I'm not even kidding!), joking around, laughing, smiling, coffee shops, caramel lattes, vanilla chai, teaching others from my life experiences, serious conversations, encouraging others, being encouraged, feeling appreciated, dark chocolate and many other things.

I don't hate much besides what we should hate (i.e. sin). But I do hate shopping. I'm not your typical girl in that area. I just don't understand why on earth people would want to walk around a mall for hours looking for stuff to buy that they don't need. Figure out what you need, go to only the store that has it, compare prices, buy it and leave! Shopping, for me, is only done out of necessity. Also, I hate when commercials or shows will make it look like a baby or animal is talking with a fake mouth. It looks weird. Oh, and bad drivers... but that's a given :)

I feel God has a call on my life to teach in some way through public speaking. I'm pretty sure He's going to have me sharing my testimony, and wisdom from experiences of past mistakes. That will involve thinking about all the junk and mistakes of my past, but if it will help one person not go down the same path I did, I'll do it joyfully for the glory of God! Because it's in the past... I am a new creation in Christ. The old has passed away anyway :)

I'm really looking forward to moving and having a lot of time to spend with God studying His Word. I was laid off from my job in insurance sales and will be looking for a new job when I move. So I could use prayers for the apartment, and job of God's choosing. And, if you feel like tossing in a prayer for me to meet my future husband, I'll take that too :)

I'd really love to get to know some of you around my age, so please reply to my thread and say hello if we're ever chatting in the same room. Thanks everyone!
Smiles!! :)

B

BellaFlor

Hi SpiritFilled79!

Very nice reading your thread, reminds me of when writing and getting snailmails. Very Lovely when people opens up more about themselves, I normally like that too. I often Love to be writing a lot, although I can sure have shorter writing mood's too. *wink* Lol! You seem like a Very sympathic lady, and well, I guess pm'es and threads will be easier for me. I never get that chat in here, too advanced and modern for me! Bah!

Well, Very Welcome to this chat! And I probably see you around in here too! Have Fun!

Cheers!

S

SpiritFilled79

Thanks for saying hi. I really do love writing. I don't think I listed that. I was actually going to go back to college for writing and speaking, but God directed me somewhere else. I tend to write long blogs and emails. Once I start talking, you can't shut me up sometimes :) Take care!!

S

swiftknight

Hey i know the feeling, i just moved my self. i moved from Tallahassee fl to here in potosi Wisconsin. left all my friends, no one to hang out with or talk to. here lately i have been spending all my time building a website. me personally i think the website turned out good, but i have no clue. this website was my calling. God led me to build this site. you say you feel like you were meant to do "Public Speaking"? if so i might have an idea. on my website, the next step is to upload sermons. well im not one for public speaking, i work behind the seams, technical jargon. i do need help.

if you would like to check the website out here is the link. http://tpforgod.webs.com/

but like you im in need of friends.

Terrell.

D

Derek22

i will be your friend.

S

swiftknight

i need real friends. i need real help. i need friendship. and if your serious than i thank you brother.

D

dustin

weclome too cc

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
Hello and welcome. Wow, I thought I was the only woman that hated spending time shopping. Nice to know others are out there. Looking forward to chatting. God bless, pickles

J

Joker

hey my friend

J

Joker

I am looking for friends as well.

N

Nitalynn

Hi, I think you said you're spirit filled. I am as well. that's funny about the orange pyrex ware. This may be a crazy question, but do they make a glass pan you can cook in? Nita

S

SpiritFilled79

Nita,
I haven't found orange Pyrex yet... but oh how happy I'd be if they made it!!! As far as pans you can cook in, yes, they make just about everything. 8x8, 9x13, I don't know about cookie sheet sizes though. And they make pots -- which is cool for watching your noodles boil in :) I find mine at rummage sales for the old school look, and new containers with rubber covers at the store for a decent price. And yup, I AM Spirit filled :) Just got baptized in the Holy Spirit back in May and it's been amazing. Wow, two great topics... being Spirit filled and Pyrex haha. This is great! :)