hip hop

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
N

nurdnoah

I am a very big fan of nonchristian hip-pop. I like nicki minaj, lil wizzy and eminem but most if not all their songs have a lot of f**** in them even though i have a different defination of the word(one which is not explicit) i could like to know if its okay for a christian to listen to that music

U

Ugly

You need to use one color, this is very annoying to look at and difficult to read.

N

nurdnoah

I am a very big fan of nonchristianhip-pop. Ilike nicki minaj, lil wizzy and eminem but most if not all their songs have a lot of f****in them even thoughi have a differentdefination of the word(one which is not explicit)i could like to know if its okay for a christianto listento that music

am sorry but i couldnt resist

U

Ugly

You should have resisted.

B

BrownTheory

If you truely love Christ, your heart will no longer desire to listen to anything that is worthless and of the world.

I used to listen to those same artisit up until about two years ago. I still listen to hip hop, but it is inspired by God. I did a project on the WLAK album and the featured rappers on the album. Check it out and see that you have better options.
https://soundcloud.com/browntheory/testimony-a-musicians-story-w

R

Remza

I'll admit a lot of music like that has catchy beats and a cool sound, and many of the artists are very talented, but to me their music demonstrates a lifestyle that is completely opposite to what Christianity is about , the lyrics alone are not content I agree with listening to. Some is to me derogatory and negative and fixated on materialistic wealth. Only you know deep down inside how you feel about the music and as your faith grows stronger you will realize some things you have to let go of, because what you will get in return is so much more.

There is some really good christian music out there.........

[video=youtube;RB9to5F525o]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RB9to5F525o[/video]

L

_lost_words_

I am a very big fan of nonchristianhip-pop. Ilike nicki minaj, lil wizzy and eminem but most if not all their songs have a lot of f****in them even thoughi have a differentdefination of the word(one which is not explicit)i could like to know if its okay for a christianto listento that music
It's not good for the mind to be fed all that at times; like it's so worldly and the Bible says to be in the world but no of it. Music can be extremely secular which can lead you into temptation or alter your thinking from righteousness if your not careful.

I'm a metal fan, like hardcore death metal - I had to eliminate a lot of songs because so many of them were anti - God, devil praising, and just really dark stuff.

I don't miss them at all :p

The music in heaven is a million times better - that's the tunes I wanna here ha ha :D