His purpose for me

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Demi777

Senior Member
Oct 13, 2014
6,908
1,988
113
Germany
Psalm 138:8
The Lord will fulfill his purpose for me; your love, O Lord, endures forever – do not abandon the works of your hands. NIV

​
​
It’s good to know that God has a purpose for each one of us. The Scripture there does not say that the Lord will fulfill my purpose; it says the Lord will fulfill His purpose for me. There’s a great difference. I may have one purpose; God may have another. God does not guarantee that He will fulfill my purpose, but He does promise that He will fulfill His purpose.

And then the psalmist goes on to say, “Your love, O Lord [and that means ‘your covenant-keeping faithfulness’], endures forever.” When God commits Himself to us to fulfill His purpose in our lives, that is a commitment for time and for eternity.

And then, maybe out of a situation of desperation, the psalmist says, “Do not abandon the works of your hands.” I remember once being at the deathbed of a lady who was dying of cancer, a strong believer. She read that last verse in the version of The Living Bible: “You made me; don’t abandon me.” And she had strong assurance as she read those words: “You made me; don’t abandon me.” But that’s for each one of us. God made us; He will not abandon us. He has a purpose; He’s going to fulfill it. Maybe it won’t be your purpose, but it will be His purpose. That purpose will stand sure and unshakable no matter what you go through.


—Derek Prince​
 
Thank you for sharing this. I needed to hear this. ive been feeling lost for a while. not knowing what I need to do with my life. it has come to a stand still. but now I know its His purpose... He has big plans for me, I just need to be patient!
 
lost_suzie;bt18997 said:
Thank you for sharing this. I needed to hear this. ive been feeling lost for a while. not knowing what I need to do with my life. it has come to a stand still. but now I know its His purpose... He has big plans for me, I just need to be patient!
I am glad this helped you.
God bless you