History and true history and authority of scripture and Christendom.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

ThereRoseaLamb

Jan 17, 2023
Thank you for that. Yes I’m going to make some on topic posts too just been worked to death this week and as you see it’s been draining thus far.

Take your time. Like I said, mods have allowed the post so I'm interested in what you have to say and discussing it. Don't bother trying to answer every single post. If you said the sky is blue here 20 would tell you you're colorblind, 10 would tell you it's azure, 5 would tell you you're of the devil, 3 would tell you you're part of a cult. Welcome to CC. :rolleyes:

Mar 16, 2024
Take your time. Like I said, mods have allowed the post so I'm interested in what you have to say and discussing it. Don't bother trying to answer every single post. If you said the sky is blue here 20 would tell you you're colorblind, 10 would tell you it's azure, 5 would tell you you're of the devil, 3 would tell you you're part of a cult. Welcome to CC. :rolleyes:
I want to make a “Bad Christian Art” but I’m afraid that would have everyone CRAZYmad 😂

2ndTimeIsTheCharm

Feb 17, 2023

Why would you portray your own brothers and sisters in Christ like this to a person who isn't a Christian? Would you like it if we did that to you to make ourselves more acceptable to him? Look at how he answers you. He wants to make bad Christian art (whatever that means) though he won't. But he wishes he could because it would disrespect us knowing it might get us "crazy mad".

You could have opened discussion without any of that at all. :cautious:

🐹

Apr 28, 2024
Christianity, the Church, and the Bible today look very different then they did in their earliest inceptions. It´s hard for most Christians and secular people even today to imagine the world without the influences of all monotheistic religion; however at the time at and around of the death of Jesus such was the case. Not many modern-day Christians or secular individuals aside from some historians, apologetics, as well as priests and educated ministers, truly grasp know and understand the history of the church; all of it; and all of them in its entirety.
What truly makes the Bible authoritative and the word of God?
What are the Vulgate and Vernacular Bibles?
Is it true that in the early days of the Church that the Bible didn't exist?
What is the Nag Hammadi and what does it tell us about the history of scripture doctrine dogma and heresy?
Is it true that all Protestant Religions are fathered by the Catholic Church?
What was the great schism in the early second millennium?
Why did the crusades happen?
Did Saul physically witness the resurrected Christ or did he only see him in visions after his conversion into Paul.
Why and how did the Kings and monarchs of medieval Europe claim they were selected by God himself to rule mankind and why did this impact the trajectory of the history of the church.
Who are the reconstructionist movements and why are their biblical histories distorted?

These and more questions I will be answering on this thread. This will not be a discussion of scripture alone; however scripture will be used to reference meanings and history. If there is anything you want to hear about let me know. This will be outlined with proven historical facts, and no theories, theology, dogma, or heresies are going to be discussed or implied.

OK, my friend, you have 11 questions, if I counted right, all dealing with subjects what would take Phd Thesis type answers from a Theological Seminary. Seriously.

Which crusade? Under whose rule? There were multiple crusades by multiple Christians....could you narrow it down?

List of Crusades - Wikipedia

which Bible? what books? define early days? when exactly are the early days? Are you including the books in the Catholic Bible as well?

The Muratorian Canon, which is believed to date to 200 A.D., is the earliest compilation of canonical texts resembling the New Testament. It was not until the 5th century that all the different Christian churches came to a basic agreement on Biblical canon

Why and how did the Kings and monarchs of medieval Europe claim they were selected by God himself to rule mankind and why did this impact the trajectory of the history of the church. Again, another Phd thesis subject matter.

Apr 28, 2024

there is only one Protestant religion -- Protestant. Do you mean Protestant denominations????

if you can't phrase the question correctly, how are we to answer?

Apr 28, 2024

HE wrote it through the hands of man. There is no other answer.

not sure what you infer by "truly"? as opposed to the untrue word of God

Apr 28, 2024
Christianity, the Church, and the Bible today look very different then they did in their earliest inceptions. It´s hard for most Christians and secular people even today to imagine the world without the influences of all monotheistic religion; however at the time at and around of the death of Jesus such was the case. Not many modern-day Christians or secular individuals aside from some historians, apologetics, as well as priests and educated ministers, truly grasp know and understand the history of the church; all of it; and all of them in its entirety.
What are the Vulgate and Vernacular Bibles?
What is the Nag Hammadi and what does it tell us about the history of scripture doctrine dogma and heresy?
What was the great schism in the early second millennium?
Did Saul physically witness the resurrected Christ or did he only see him in visions after his conversion into Paul.
Why and how did the Kings and monarchs of medieval Europe claim they were selected by God himself to rule mankind and why did this impact the trajectory of the history of the church.
Who are the reconstructionist movements and why are their biblical histories distorted?

These and more questions I will be answering on this thread. This will not be a discussion of scripture alone; however scripture will be used to reference meanings and history. If there is anything you want to hear about let me know. This will be outlined with proven historical facts, and no theories, theology, dogma, or heresies are going to be discussed or implied.
When was the Bible actually written?

Starting around the 7th century B.C., different groups, or schools, of authors wrote them down at different times, before they were at some point (probably during the first century B.C.) combined into the single, multi-layered work we know today.

Are you wanting the publishing house that produced it, too? or is that bonus points?

Apr 28, 2024
When was the Bible actually written?

Starting around the 7th century B.C., different groups, or schools, of authors wrote them down at different times, before they were at some point (probably during the first century B.C.) combined into the single, multi-layered work we know today.

Are you wanting the publishing house that produced it, too? or is that bonus points?

as well as priests and educated ministers -- what is the difference between a priest and an educated minister?

do reverends count? how about a pastor? how about a female with a Phd in Old Testament Theology? would she know?

Apr 28, 2024
For me, I can't comment until I know what your understanding of "church" is. When you say church, what are you describing?
Do you mean the physical church hierarchy of Bishops and Popes or do you mean the church as in the "body of the church", that is us, Christians who make up the church