hmm curious

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Y

Yourfriend4life

i wonder why fear mongering threads are front page constantly but threads that spread peace and calmness quickly dissapears.

it saddens me how people ask the most questions and are so obsessed about dark things such as panic and chaos. *yet almost no one cares to read peaceful things that are helpful to the spirit.

i will never give up trying to help.....but these characteristics of most people today are mind numbing

anyone else feel this way?

D

dashadow

You raise a good point. I suppose people don't grapple with the positive points, so there isn't much need to discuss/debate them. It's the difficult matters that people have a hard time agreeing on that require much more debate and discussion.

Y

Yourfriend4life

but dont they get the more they dwell on negativity ( that they have no say about) .....it will just sit in your brain and swim around until the seed of negativity grows into more and more negativity.
why do that when you can choose let positive info swim around brain....it would do the same and grow into more and more positive.
i feel like they are being a danger to theirself in this way. i feel the urge to walk around with a megaphone or somthing
im not saying im better then or anything....im simply saying this behaviour is unhealthy and can/will cause mass hysteria. and thats when the innocent people are harmed

i wish people would just if anything all take a moment to take some deep breaths

A

Ariel82

its cuz the good threads have people agreeing and not having much to add/ post so you don't see them in the front page.

most people read the helpful threads, just not everyone comments on them. occasionally I'll go and dig through old threads and just post a scripture verse or picture to bring it back to the front page but too often the debating threads will overwhelm the forum and push them back to the back pages again.

want to start a happy uplifting threads campaign?

we can flood the forum with just uplifting threads and bible verses for a few hours a day, lol :)

it won't last but it might be fun and joyful for a little while. :)

Y

Yourfriend4life

i am deffitantly in it will be fun and productive yayyy when do you want to

A

Ariel82

lol I don't have the time to dig up my favorites right now. have to pick my daughter but posted a new thread. will try later when I have more time :)

D

dashadow

but dont they get the more they dwell on negativity ( that they have no say about) .....it will just sit in your brain and swim around until the seed of negativity grows into more and more negativity.
why do that when you can choose let positive info swim around brain....it would do the same and grow into more and more positive.
i feel like they are being a danger to theirself in this way. i feel the urge to walk around with a megaphone or somthing
im not saying im better then or anything....im simply saying this behaviour is unhealthy and can/will cause mass hysteria. and thats when the innocent people are harmed

i wish people would just if anything all take a moment to take some deep breaths
The way I see it, when people post something negative, it offers people an opportunity to present correction according to the Word. Negativity only affects you if you allow it to take root and replace the Truth. And each individual handles negativity in different ways. There are times I feel the Spirit is guiding me to battle what I believe are assaults on God's Word. There are other times I believe the Spirit is guiding me to be silent and pray to let God's Love lift me up. Other times I feel compelled to simply testify. And also, there are times I feel moved to repent. Don't worry too much. :)

Y

Yourfriend4life

thanks ill try not to drive myself crazy or anything *with worry lol
its so frustrating.....it doesnt anger me anymore at all
its just frustrating in a different way

never do anything without be told to do so by God first ive learned that if someone attempts to even do what they think is good but without being commanded we will fail everytime.
praise God He is my wheelchair im completely crippled without Him

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
I have also noticed and mentioned this very thing, ppl like to argue. The threads you speak of i call war threads because christian goes against christian, brother against brother in those threads. I notice how ppl start a thread with a sensitive subject and ppl begin to argue however the author of the thread never replies to it. Almost as if they see it will be popular and start the thread knowing it will become a war thread but only making it just to have a popular thread. Ppl say hurtful things in those threads and say horrible things to each other, so really i will attempt to make my point and i will debate to a certain point but if i see there is no use i just leave and not return.

Y

Yourfriend4life

its just sad to me

Nov 26, 2011
i wonder why fear mongering threads are front page constantly but threads that spread peace and calmness quickly dissapears.

it saddens me how people ask the most questions and are so obsessed about dark things such as panic and chaos. *yet almost no one cares to read peaceful things that are helpful to the spirit.

i will never give up trying to help.....but these characteristics of most people today are mind numbing

anyone else feel this way?
It is because many people love sensationalism, it gives them a buzz and makes them feel part of an inner click of "informed people."

It's really just another outward manifestation of media control. Human beings are like little fish waiting to be fed and when the media machine (including the patriot/Christian anti-NWO) throws in a handful of fish food there is an immediate frenzy which then calms down until the next feeding session.

Fear mongering is a business, never forget that. It is a business which sells "fear related products" such as gold and silver, sensationalist videos and survival products. The fear mongering is a sales pitch to hook the gullible who believe they are not gullible. It is kind of like fish who escape the "mainstream propaganda pond" and jump right into the "alternative propaganda pong" and believe they are safe, yet never really understanding that the fishermen fish in both ponds.

I recommend people step back from it all and really begin to think about what they see going on. We are so easily pulled in various directions by all the external stimuli, especially in the age of the internet where communication is very speedy and thus an overload of information is always present.

We need to learn how to critically sort and prioritise information and critically examine what is pressing. All without letting ourselves be drawn away from the big picture and the real spiritual war that is ongoing behind what we perceive with our physical senses.

Jesus had some very good advice when He taught...

Mat_6:33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

N

nonicknametouse

I do feel the same way and I know enough to try to ignore the darkness because we know where it comes from. Satan creeps into everything , so of course he is going to try to get people to focus on him rather than the Lord. The best theing is to be aware and ingnore the dark and bring in God's light.

D

drjshow

I agree. I usually don't read the dark, end of times posts. The one thing I believe more than any other is that when it happens, it will come as a surprise to every living thing. "As a thief in the night", if you will. For daily living, Christ's teachings of love and peace help me everyday. Worrying about when the trumpet sounds is just not in my nature.

Y

Yourfriend4life

the moronic devil......is the simplest thing (presense) to detect.

try to see what i see
take a step back choose 4 moments his had influence , take those moments and place them beside the very first time. the day in the garden.
if you look closly somthing seems familiar. peices fit together and rest match up exatly.
the individual peices are parts (members) of for example a grade school level formula.
its always the exact same played out formula. the only tiny difference is that the variables change in detail. the devils isnt capable of learning any new or original way of going about what he does. the ability to learn ( in itself) is a blessing and GOOD ability for us to have.

so his too stupid and slow to come up with a different tactic. notice this formula ( do not obsess ) just be aware of it and youll see how it would play out before he even really produces his variables. the better you become at noticing his formula youll see the variables are possibilities and you would know though a complex technique that only we have . the technique is prayer. God will inform us as to what to do when we see the formula pulling together
no sweat people try not to obsess though.*
why would you sit with pencil and paper to carefuly work through the problem of 2+2+3
you wouldnt
that would be idiotic
now lets go fourth and do "more important things" we could be doing

A

Ariel82

I notice how ppl start a thread with a sensitive subject and ppl begin to argue however the author of the thread never replies to it.
that's why I don't even open the threads of some posters

Also you can normally spot someone who just wants to cause trouble.

there are a lot of trolls who just like to post so they can watch the fight.

T

Tintin

Curious thread subject matter, OP, for someone who's well known on CC for posting similar conspiracy theory/paranoia type threads.

J

jonrambo

nephilim built the pyramids!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

T

Tintin

I don't think they built them but they may have advised the people at the time in how to build them. That is if we understand the Nephilim to be the offspring of fallen angels and human women. Creepy!

J

jonrambo

i know right. doing a genesis study at the moment. gota start checking people for 6 fingers :S