Hmmm I don't really know what to title this question...about meeting someone I guess

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

skater_20

This is probably a stupid question, I'm sorry if I waste anyone's time....Ok so I met this christian girl who is totally awesome, but the thing is the circumstances that I met her weren't particularly glorifying to God. Like the only reason I met her was because I went to this place with the intention to sin. Now I know that dating should only take place with the intent of marriage in mind. And I know that whether single or married our life should be to glorify God and advance his kingdom. I know that God can use us in our sin to further advance his kingdom. And I also know that God has a plan for our lives. But what I am really confused about is that if God has a plan for our lives, I'm sure that it was not in his plan for me to go to this place to sin, and if that is the case I would have never met this girl, so then would he not want me to ask this girl out?

Any advice would be great.
Thanks

L

Lecrae

Just because you met her in the way that you did, doesn't mean that you can't have a relationship with her. If you're worried about the sin; don't be. Repent of it and don't look back on it. Jesus paid that sin on the cross so you didn't have to suffer for it.

Like it says in Romans, though, don't use that as an excuse to keep on committing the sin. If you truly love God then you would do what he says and stray away from the sin (yes I'm talking to myself here too).

A

Aqua_Girl09

i agree with above. ^_^ just cause you met her there doesn't mean its not ok to be together.

the thing you have to be careful about is whether or not she is going to stay pure with you or is she going to fight the sin that both of you were tempted into? its MUCH easier to bring someone down with you then it is to lift someone up. so just be careful of you you get into a relationship with and give your heart to. not all things that look good are good. ^_^