Holocaust Remembrance Day/ Yom HaShoah

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
I agree so much with this! I'm really surprised that there are actually Christian who despise Jews. I don't care what they say. If God still loves the Jews and regards them as the same as the Israelites of long ago and has brought them back to the land He promised to them, then I'm going to love them too and stand by them as He does.

Well that's partly what caused the holocaust.
Ever heard of blood libel?

iamsoandso

Oct 6, 2011
I was under the impression that 1/3 of all Jews on earth died as atonement for killing 1/3 of the Godhead and that is also why Revelation says 1/3 of the people on earth will die during the tribulation.

Also, in addition to the Jews I thought 5 million Christians and "undesirables" were also killed.

I think that would be the puzzling part of it in how the events of ww2 fit into Biblical eschatology. Do you see the events of the Holocaust as the fulfillment of the Great Tribulation?

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
I think that would be the puzzling part of it in how the events of ww2 fit into Biblical eschatology. Do you see the events of the Holocaust as the fulfillment of the Great Tribulation?
I view WW2 the same way I view a fractal. A fractal is a shape that remains self similar at all scales. If you look at the Lord's words concerning the end of the age all those tribulations were not new, war, famine, pestilence, and liars. These things have taken place throughout human history. What is new is the scale. The size of the tribulation will be greater than anything ever seen in human history before. Earthquakes, whirlwinds, hurricanes, volcanoes, not new, simply bigger and more destructive. A third of the Jews were killed in the holocaust and at the end of the age 1/3 of the world's population is killed. Again, not so new that we would think this is impossible, but the scale is far bigger than anything we have ever seen before. Therefore Hitler's rise to power as a charismatic leader in the midst of economic collapse using brownshirts and the night of broken glass and a false flag event with the Reichstag is also going to be very similar to what we will see, only greater in scale. Likewise the surprise attack on the US at Pearl Harbor foreshadows what we will see, a surprise attack on the US, only much, much bigger in scale.

We can also see the "mark of the beast" with the Nazi insignia. If you join the Nazi's then when you appear before the Lord (the Nuremberg trial) you will be judged for eternity.

On the one hand I see the events of the holocaust (burnt offering) as a fulfillment of a peace offering to God that allowed the Jews to be atoned for their sins and thus return to the Land. I also see it as a preview to the Great tribulation.

What will truly be stunning this time around is the speed with which everything takes place. On the timeline this war in Ukraine would be WWI and we are only now on the precipice of the great depression and the Weimar republic. Hitler (the Antichrist) has not yet risen to power. We see great dictators in Russia and China, and we see the significance of the oil in the middle east, a key factor for WW2, but we are not there yet.

iamsoandso

Oct 6, 2011
I view WW2 the same way I view a fractal. A fractal is a shape that remains self similar at all scales. If you look at the Lord's words concerning the end of the age all those tribulations were not new, war, famine, pestilence, and liars. These things have taken place throughout human history. What is new is the scale. The size of the tribulation will be greater than anything ever seen in human history before. Earthquakes, whirlwinds, hurricanes, volcanoes, not new, simply bigger and more destructive. A third of the Jews were killed in the holocaust and at the end of the age 1/3 of the world's population is killed. Again, not so new that we would think this is impossible, but the scale is far bigger than anything we have ever seen before. Therefore Hitler's rise to power as a charismatic leader in the midst of economic collapse using brownshirts and the night of broken glass and a false flag event with the Reichstag is also going to be very similar to what we will see, only greater in scale. Likewise the surprise attack on the US at Pearl Harbor foreshadows what we will see, a surprise attack on the US, only much, much bigger in scale.

We can also see the "mark of the beast" with the Nazi insignia. If you join the Nazi's then when you appear before the Lord (the Nuremberg trial) you will be judged for eternity.

On the one hand I see the events of the holocaust (burnt offering) as a fulfillment of a peace offering to God that allowed the Jews to be atoned for their sins and thus return to the Land. I also see it as a preview to the Great tribulation.

What will truly be stunning this time around is the speed with which everything takes place. On the timeline this war in Ukraine would be WWI and we are only now on the precipice of the great depression and the Weimar republic. Hitler (the Antichrist) has not yet risen to power. We see great dictators in Russia and China, and we see the significance of the oil in the middle east, a key factor for WW2, but we are not there yet.

So in the way you see this the Holocaust of ww2 will be a small event compared to the tribulation the modern state of Israel will undergo?

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
So in the way you see this the Holocaust of ww2 will be a small event compared to the tribulation the modern state of Israel will undergo?
I am more focused on the world. I see the Holocaust being a preview of what the world is about to endure. You had two choices, wear the mark of the beast (the Nazi insignia showing that you were one with Hitler) or go to the concentration camp.

iamsoandso

Oct 6, 2011
I am more focused on the world. I see the Holocaust being a preview of what the world is about to endure. You had two choices, wear the mark of the beast (the Nazi insignia showing that you were one with Hitler) or go to the concentration camp.

That to me is puzzling because in the modern day when I look at the nations where the Jewish populations actually live there is only about 30% of the Jewish population in the state of Israel. The United States is where the largest population of the Jews actually live(smaller populations are in other nations) so baring in mind what everyone is thinking when do you think the United States will begin rounding up the Jews and making them receive a mark or go to a concentration camp(or kill them in greater numbers than Hitler)? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jewish_population_by_country

2ndTimeIsTheCharm

Feb 17, 2023
....so baring in mind what everyone is thinking when do you think the United States will begin rounding up the Jews and making them receive a mark or go to a concentration camp(or kill them in greater numbers than Hitler)? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jewish_population_by_country
@iamsoandso you don't understand. @ZNP wasn't talking about the Jews anymore in his post. The holocaust of WW2 is a precursor to what will happen to anyone (not just Jews) that will not take the mark of the beast and will not worship the antichrist in the last days.

Christians are suppose to learn from the holocaust that it will be worse for us in the last days than it was for the Jews in WW2. This is why we are called to prepare and endure to the end.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Was the last days in Revelation referring to the Jews or was it christians because christians are sealed with the holy spirit beforehand

Anyway...NZers have their own rembrance day coming up ANZAC day when thousands of australian and new zealand men died in Galipolli, they had been conscripted to fight for the Brtish army in Turkey in world war 1 and most of them got totally slaughtered.

To this day at RSAs in both Australia and New Zealand (returned services associations for veterans) every day at 6pm they are supposed to recite the Ode - We will remember them /Lest we Forget and have. a minutes silence

On Anzac day at dawn there is a service of remembrance, parades at war memorials and RSA clubrooms all over the nation and everyone wears poppies or goes to lay weaths on wooden crosses....I dont think the bodies were ever bought back to lay to rest there were way too many of them. Instead the fallen are memorialised at war memorial musuems and libraries keep records in cenotaphs.

Its always April 25th the day of the Gallipoli landings, its not D-day or V-Day or the day they called the war off (truce?) on November 11, 1911 at 11 o-clock. iTs the day of the battle when everyone got massacred and died.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
The red poppy symbolises the fallen soldiers...there is a famous war poem called In Flanders fields.

Though the ANZACs werent all fighting on Flanders fields it was mostly Gallipoli, Passechendale or the Somme.

iamsoandso

Oct 6, 2011
@iamsoandso you don't understand. @ZNP wasn't talking about the Jews anymore in his post. The holocaust of WW2 is a precursor to what will happen to anyone (not just Jews) that will not take the mark of the beast and will not worship the antichrist in the last days.

Christians are suppose to learn from the holocaust that it will be worse for us in the last days than it was for the Jews in WW2. This is why we are called to prepare and endure to the end.

lol, Yea I was asking him about how he saw the tribulation because the way he worded post #16(made me wonder if he saw the events of ww2 as it's fulfillment)... As for me the way I see it is that the only way it can be fulfilled is by those who are Christians and so it's obvious that if someone does not believe Jesus is the Messiah then they could not made white/washed in the blood of the Lamb. So I think in the tribulation they are going to round up the Christians not those who do not believe in Jesus. https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Revelation 7&version=KJV

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Actually ANZAC day is today.

We dont have a holocaust memorial day though many people are aware of it, we dont have a huge poulation of Jews, it seems NZ wasnt really a popular place of refuge for Jews being much further away from Europe, most went westward across the Atlantic to the US. Of course many countries had different immigration policies after the wars. Japanese immigrants were treated VERY badly during the second world war.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
In world war 1 apparently if you didnt sign up to go fight in the army you were given a white feather and labelled a coward.

concientious objectors (mostly quakers or those in peace churches) were rounded up and put in prison.

2ndTimeIsTheCharm

Feb 17, 2023
Actually ANZAC day is today.

We dont have a holocaust memorial day though many people are aware of it, we dont have a huge poulation of Jews, it seems NZ wasnt really a popular place of refuge for Jews being much further away from Europe, most went westward across the Atlantic to the US. Of course many countries had different immigration policies after the wars. Japanese immigrants were treated VERY badly during the second world war.

"Lest We Forget"

-=<♥>=-

I read American Japanese were put into internment camps during WW2 in the US when there was absolutely no evidence that they'd turn on their own country, the US.

Which countries that Japanese immigrants were emigrating to treated them badly during WW2?

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Of course in world war 2 the jewish people would not have agreed to fight or been allowed to conscript anyway so it was a way of gettign rid of them in concentration camps, jewish people not going for the extreme nationalism some countries exhibited...because they already had their own identity as Gods chosen people. When Jews were exiled from Israel and taken captive they set up their own communities and kept up their own tradtion and langauges and were barred from many professions so they ad to eand thir lovig by trade, and they lived in ghettoes because they werent allowed to own land and property being foreigners.

Of course many Jewish people tried to assimilate with their host country but they never forgot they were Jewish it was just in their DNA

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
In NZ we had POW camps and Japanese were treated very badly in Featherston, Im sure that wasnt an isolated case.

However, The Japanese army did have a ferocious reputation especially what they did in China in Nanking. Japanese civilians though, were probably shunned and ostracised.