"Holy fire" in Jerusalem on Orthodox Easter

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

erika83

Dec 17, 2008
As Easter is approaching, I had a discussion with my manager about the so called "holy fire" phenomenon that allegedly appears in a church in Jerusalem on every orthodox Easter. For those of you that didn't hear about this, here is a link Holy Fire - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I'm pretty convinced myself it's a hoax but my manager says it's a miracle and said he wants some scientific explanation to believe it isn't miracle. Anyway I was doing some searches on google and it seems if you use phosphor a similar light can be made, that doesnt burn you and auto ignites. If any of you heard about this or knows what should I tell my manager to make him think a bit let me know.

erika83

Dec 17, 2008
so nobody knows anything about this? you think it's man made or something natural happening that can be explained?

Grandpa

Jun 24, 2011
I've never heard of this before. The only Holy Fire I know of is what was described in Acts.