holy spirit forgivness

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Feb 16, 2011
have you ever believed that you could forgive someone and god would forgive them too? maybe you believe the apostles could decide who was forgiven and who was not. maybe you believe a priest can forgive you. all of these are false doctrine. these false doctrines come from john 20:22-23. some people believe jesus is talking to the apostles in verse 23 that is the mistake. so who is jesus talking to if not the apostles? well, who else is there? the holy spirit is there! john 20:22 and when he had said this, he breathed on them, and said to them, receive the holy spirit. nkjv now jesus is talking to the holy spirit. john 20:23 if you forgive the sins of any, they are forgiven them, if you retain the sins of any, they are retained. nkjv the holy spirit was in jesus breath and that is who jesus was talking to in verse 23. no man can decide if someone is forgiven by god or not but god the holy spirit can. p.s. sorry about the lower case i am using my cellphone to post.

duewell

Mar 5, 2011
i hope that when i forgive someone for sinning, Jesus will not hold that sin accountable to that person. it helps being able to forgive other people at the very least. the only scripture i can think of to support this is, by the measure in which you judge so too shall you be judged.

Duewell
the rainbow connection
mark 4v11-13