Homeschooling

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Lucy68

Jan 21, 2011
I think the best educational activity we can do with our young children, whether home schooled or not, is to start reading to them VERY EARLY. Not only do they become fascinated with written words and pictures, but the closeness of you sitting together and conversing communicates your love to them.

shrimp

Aug 28, 2011
That's actually a really great tip. My mom read Moby Dick to me when I was little. I didn't understand most of it but I enjoyed when she read to me.

Nautilus

Jun 29, 2012
Im the same way. My mom reading tome when I was younger probably is a huge influence on how much i read now.

T

tdrew777

I am a certified teacher. I Believe that, in general, homeschooling is a great option if the parents have the time and energy to invest. As for socialization, in no other epoch of life are people sectioned off according to age and ability. It is the school social setting that is unnatural. Children learn best from adults and need each other, too. Proper peer contact is one aspect of the good home-school environment. Home schooling is an investment that only the time-rich can afford. It is more cost efficient to teach kids 25 at a time. That is the principle benefit of formal elementary schools.