Hosea 7 They are like a faulty bow

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
Gill summarizes this chapter: This chapter either begins a new sermon, discourse, or prophecy, or it is a continuation of the former; at least it seems to be of the same argument with the latter part of it, only it is directed to Israel alone; and consists of complaints against them because of their manifold sins, and of denunciations of punishment for them. They are charged with ingratitude to God, sinning in a daring manner against mercy, and with falsehood, thefts, and robberies, Hosea 7:1; with want of consideration of the omniscience of God, and his notice of their sins, which surrounded them, Hosea 7:2; with flattery to their king and princes, Hosea 7:3; with adultery, which lust raged in them like a heated oven, Hosea 7:4; with drunkenness, aggravated by drawing their king into it, Hosea 7:5; with raging lusts, which devoured their judges, made their kings to fall, and brought on such a general corruption, that there were none that called upon the Lord, Hosea 7:6; with mixing themselves with the nations of the earth, and so learning their ways, and bringing their superstition and idolatry into the worship of God, so that they were nothing in religion, like a half baked cake, Hosea 7:8; with stupidity and insensibility of their declining state, Hosea 7:9; with pride, impenitence, and stubbornness, Hosea 7:10; with folly, in seeking to Egypt and Assyria for help, and not to the Lord; for which they would be taken as birds in a net, and sorely chastised, Hosea 7:11; with ingratitude, hypocrisy, and deceitfulness; for all which they are threatened with destruction, Hosea 7:13.

1 whenever I would heal Israel,

the sins of Ephraim are exposed

and the crimes of Samaria revealed.

For example, we saw with Trump’s presidency an attempt to “drain the swamp”, to heal the political corruption, and at that time it was fully revealed. The FBI, the FISA warrant scandal, the Russia hoax, the two bogus impeachments.

They practice deceit,

thieves break into houses,

bandits rob in the streets;

They used a pandemic and BLM protests, riots and looting to try and get Trump out of office. Zuckerberg spent $400 million to get election officials to commit fraud and steal the election.

2 but they do not realize

that I remember all their evil deeds.

Trump set up the “Space Force” which is a funny name for a wing of the military that monitors all telecommunications travelling through satellites. They know exactly what evil deeds were done. When he says that the election was stolen this is not conjecture or speculation.

Their sins engulf them;

they are always before me.

If the Lord knows their sins why not judge them, why allow them to continue?

3 “They delight the king with their wickedness,

the princes with their lies.

4 They are all adulterers,

burning like an oven

whose fire the baker need not stir

from the kneading of the dough till it rises.

When you cook you will first preheat the oven. What we are seeing right now is the oven get preheated while the dough continues to rise. Everything that has happened in first month of Biden’s administration has convinced more and more people that he is a liar and that those who facilitated this fraud are liars. After the election people learned that the Hunter Biden scandal was not fabricated but real. 6% of those who voted for Biden said they wouldn’t have voted for him had they known that. Biden’s move to destroy women’s sports has convinced many more. Biden’s lies concerning not banning fracking or getting people $2,000 checks is convincing still more. Even the Democrats are now saying that Biden is not fit to be the one solely responsible to hold the nuclear football. The exposure of Cuomo’s lies is also revealing their lies about who really managed the Covid crisis well and who didn’t. With every scandal, with every revelation it is like bread rising. The second impeachment was all about the January 6th riot and ultimately what did Trump do once it was taking place. They wanted to blame him for not sending in the troops and not doing more to keep it secure. The problem with that argument is that Nancy Pelosi is responsible for keeping it safe and she turned down troops offered to her from the President. They claimed election fraud was a lie and censored any reference to it. However the Peter Navarro report and the Mike Lindell movie obliterate that argument. They can try to censor those but tens of millions have already seen the movie from start to finish and the same thing with the Peter Navarro report. The evidence has travelled around the world.

5 On the day of the festival of our king

the princes become inflamed with wine,

and he joins hands with the mockers.

6 Their hearts are like an oven;

they approach him with intrigue.

Their passion smolders all night;

in the morning it blazes like a flaming fire.

7 All of them are hot as an oven;

they devour their rulers.

All their kings fall,

and none of them calls on me.

This is what the FISA scandal has revealed as well as the Steel Dossier, the FBI works as a kingmaker and also to bring down those that don’t join hands with them.

8 “Ephraim mixes with the nations;

Ephraim is a flat loaf not turned over.

Their plan is half baked. The only way their plan works is if 100% of the people in the know are crooks without a conscience. The problem is that 50% are not crooks and many of those have the courage to come forward. Others will come forward with just a little pressure and encouragement. This is how they were quickly able to get 2,000 affidavits concerning the election fraud. Organized crime is not this stupid, they will make sure everyone in their “organization” is guilty of some very serious crimes.

9 Foreigners sap his strength,

but he does not realize it.

His hair is sprinkled with gray,

but he does not notice.

Italy, Israel, Taiwan, and Australia are all very much concerned with the outcome of this last election and did what they could to assist the US in exposing the fraud.

10 Israel’s arrogance testifies against him,

but despite all this

he does not return to the Lord his God

or search for him.

Look at Cuomo and Newsom. Their arrogance testifies against them. Look at Pelosi, Schumer, and AOC. Their arrogance testifies against them. The lies, the hypocrisy, the falsehood is so blatant and they just assumed the press would cover for them.

11 “Ephraim is like a dove,

easily deceived and senseless—

now calling to Egypt,

now turning to Assyria.

12 When they go, I will throw my net over them;

I will pull them down like the birds in the sky.

When I hear them flocking together,

I will catch them.

This is the point. We know what they have done, but we want to catch all of them. We want to see who goes along with the impeachment, who “flocks together” so that we can catch them all.

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
13 Woe to them,

because they have strayed from me!

Destruction to them,

because they have rebelled against me!

I long to redeem them

but they speak about me falsely.

Woe and destruction has been determined.

14 They do not cry out to me from their hearts

but wail on their beds.

They slash themselves,[a] appealing to their gods

for grain and new wine,

but they turn away from me.

15 I trained them and strengthened their arms,

but they plot evil against me.

The one thing these politicians have been trained in is in speaking the word. They don’t really know how to do anything else but to cause not being as being by speaking it into existence. Sadly, they use this skill to plot evil, to spin a story, to deceive, to lie.

16 They do not turn to the Most High;

they are like a faulty bow.

Their leaders will fall by the sword

because of their insolent words.

For this they will be ridiculed

in the land of Egypt.

A bow shoots an arrow. If the arrow is the word that goes forth to accomplish what it was designed for then they are the bow that shoots that arrow. But they are faulty. They shoot crooked arrows, deceitful arrows, flaming darts of the evil one. The rest of the world sees their deceit and will ridicule them for it.