How are we meant to bless our enemies?

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
I have never really understood this. It's not that I personally go out of my way to make or even attack my enemies, they usually come after me to pick a fight or try and trip me up and I just avoid them. Is this blessing them? I do what King David did and run because they have been mean. But if I were to bless them, like actually bless them, then I guess I would have to know what they want first. but they want me dead or destroyed. I cant do that! LOL.

Can anyone explain what it means to bless enemies.? especially as I just cant trust them enough to even have a conversation with them anymore. ☹️
Remember when Jesus said as He hung on the Cross...Father forgive them for they know not what they are doing'? God, the Son, came here as a servant as well as showing us how to overcome the works of the enemy. He knows that when we react with the love of the Lord, some will get it and some won't. It is our duty to share the Truth of His love with others not react according to our feelings. We are truly 'Not of This World' 🙏🎚🙌
 
  • Like
Reactions: Spiritwalker