How 'bout them Royals?!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

KohenMatt

Jun 28, 2013
I don't know how many here follow baseball (if any), but now is a great time to jump on the Kansas City bandwagon!

1still_waters

Nope.

jsr1221

Jul 7, 2013
I'm a Rays fan so I don't have a say in the race. Glad the the Sox and Yankees didn't make it though. I thought the Royals would make the playoffs when the season first started but didn't think the Orioles would be this good. It looks like it'll be an Orioles-Royals ALCS and that's something I don't think anyone thought would be possible. Best start to the postseason since I can remember.

MisterHarmony

Jan 31, 2014
I like the Royals chances. I'm a jays fan, so as you can imagine I am a little disappointed with the amount of games they lost late season. :p

Sep 29, 2014
Cheers for being the top third of standings.

gb9

Jan 18, 2011
I'm a braves fan, but am defiantly on the k.c. bandwagon.

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
When it is all said and done...

dodgers.jpg

Sep 29, 2014
Wow, the Royals made it to the World Series. First time in 29 years. Some say there's no such thing as luck... Wrong.

gb9

Jan 18, 2011
happy to see they got to the series. man, seems like everything is going their way!!

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
Kansas City Royals complete sweep to reach World Series!!! Go Royals!!!

royals_celebrate.jpg

Oct 31, 2011
I am all for raining on this parade! I could never understand how throwing a ball could be so important that there is a section of each paper devoted to it and church news about our very life has a small corner.

I once gritted my teeth, decided I'd join if I got bored to death and took my grandson to a game. Cost me $80 and that was a long time ago. One player found a time no one was looking so he tried to cripple a star player on the opposing team while my grandson watched it. I've never watched anyone throw or hit any ball for "enjoyment" since.

I just can't see anything funny or good about the entire commercialized thing. If fact, history says that extreme involvement in sports for watching is one of the characteristics of a nation that is about to fall as Rome was a prime example.

Sep 29, 2014
I am all for raining on this parade! I could never understand how throwing a ball could be so important that there is a section of each paper devoted to it and church news about our very life has a small corner.
People paid millions of dollars to play a kid's game. Baseball, football, and basketball are way too important in some people's lives. In recent years, professional sports are losing some of their social prominence. But, it's not all good. Time was when a couple of men could easily bond over sports.

The Royals are an underdog team who made to the playoffs by the skin of their teeth, and then shined in those playoffs. That should be a feel-good story for any... for any Royals fan. ;)