How can I help Syrian refugees?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
E

Ebony-Rose

Hello I truly believe that right now God is calling me to help these people. I am only 16 and don't have a job so I can't donate any money, but how can I help these people in person? I have four days a week not in college that I can use to help (three of you don't include the sabbath day). Can someone please tell me how I can help? And where.

(I am in the UK btw)

Mar 30, 2015
Hello Rose. It's great that your following what God wants you to do. Keep praying for them, that's the best way to help them. Also, you don't need a job to help them out financially, you can make money online from certain trustworthy sites and 4 days a week is more than enough to make quite a sum. Then you can send it to an agency that supports them. I'll try getting some good sites for you.

Keep up the passion to help people. God will bless you.

Apr 8, 2015
Hello I truly believe that right now God is calling me to help these people. I am only 16 and don't have a job so I can't donate any money, but how can I help these people in person? I have four days a week not in college that I can use to help (three of you don't include the sabbath day). Can someone please tell me how I can help? And where.

(I am in the UK btw)
Ebony Rose this is such a great thread good on you for being so compassionate :) I too wanna help

E

Ebony-Rose

I'd like to thank you all as I know some of you must have been praying for me. At my churches evening church today I knew it was Gods message for me. I still need prayer for God to show me the way I need to go, however I now know that this is definitely Gods word and Gods plan.

E

Ebony-Rose

Ebony Rose this is such a great thread good on you for being so compassionate :) I too wanna help
Please message me Zoii (I don't know how to).

K

Kefa54

I am assuming you are a believer and you have accepted Christ. Will you start a Bible study?
If you feel like you are the wrong person or not smart enough, you are right. Let Jesus work and live through you. Jesus will give you the wisdom and strength you need. Wonderful things will happen if you rest in his grace and just do it.

Kefa

E

Ebony-Rose

I am assuming you are a believer and you have accepted Christ. Will you start a Bible study?
If you feel like you are the wrong person or not smart enough, you are right. Let Jesus work and live through you. Jesus will give you the wisdom and strength you need. Wonderful things will happen if you rest in his grace and just do it.

Kefa
Is that not a bit rude telling me I'm the wrong person? I'm sorry but God has been leading me towards this for years. I have prayed about it several times with one of my church elders. All I'm asking for here is prayer and guidance, not for someone to tell me that this isn't what God wants from me.

Channa

Mar 1, 2014
Hehoi, I really have the same thing, and actually the whole country here is thinking how we could help, and there are some ways. Some people over here are taking refugees in there house, others are helping to make rooms okay, and others are helping on airports etc. But then, we are 16 and our parents literally decide about the most, so the main thing we could do is pray. I pray with you :) God bless ya! (BTW: Do you also have those asylumcenters in the UK? Centers were refugees (from all over the world) may stay a while, when the country decides whether they may stay or not? If there are those centers, you could also help in those centers. You could play with the kids, telling them stories etc. :)

Aug 7, 2018

(I am in the UK btw)
Well If you don't have any source then it's okay, your parents can be sponsor a Syrian child if you ask it to your parents.