How can we develop the patience?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
L

Liz01

I know that in James 1:3 say"...the trying of your faith worketh patience" and i am aware that patience is a good thing, i can completely reason that and I accept that but i dont know how to develop the patience when i am in a test sometimes i try and try but i dont know how to make grow patience inside me could you please give me some advices?

Aug 2, 2009
I remember how much Jesus suffered on the cross, wearing the crown of thorns, carrying the cross after being scourged with a cat-o-nine-tails from head to toe. Even when he was just hanging on the cross, feeling immense pain and thirst. When we suffer we are actually closer to Jesus.

Aug 2, 2009
Another way is to find something to be thankful for in your situation, and thank God for it. If you are being treated harshly by your boss, be thankful that you have a job and can pay your bills. If you are feeling lonely, be thankful that you are not in an abusive relationship. If you are overwhelmed, be thankful that you have the strength to meet the challenges that you are facing.

L

Lalilo

True strength is to move in the opposite direction of the majority. The majority of people in the world today look at themselves and act on there own needs. We as christian must look at Jesus and follow his commands, which are not allways for our own benefit. We cannot see the whole picture, that is why faith is so important. Faith will give you patiences, as you will learn timing is everything. Somethings I did for Jesus last year didn't make sense at the time, but with recent events they make perfect sense now.

Last edited:
L

Liz01

Another way is to find something to be thankful for in your situation, and thank God for it. If you are being treated harshly by your boss, be thankful that you have a job and can pay your bills. If you are feeling lonely, be thankful that you are not in an abusive relationship. If you are overwhelmed, be thankful that you have the strength to meet the challenges that you are facing.
thanks, i will practice this one