How can we procure the changing of our heart? (Part 1)

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Feb 7, 2017
Answering this entail on knowing what is heart, in according to the Holy Scripture. To this, let’s read Hebrews:

• “For the first tabernacle was prepared, in which was both the lampstand, and the table, and the setting out of the loaves, which is called Holies. And after the second veil was a tabernacle which is called the Holy of Holies,” (Heb 9:2,3).

As the tabernacle of the Old Testament, in truth, comprised two minor tabernacles (“Holies” and “Holy of Holies”) each one with its veil, our heart is composed of “soul” and “spirit”, each one with its “veil”. This is the reason for which our heart is desperately wicked (Jeremiah 17.9).

But, what is this veil?

• “(But their thoughts were blinded; for until the present the same veil remains on the reading of the old covenant, not taken away.) But this veil has been done away in Christ. But until this day, when Moses is read, the veil is on their heart. But whenever it turns to the Lord, the veil shall be taken away.” (2Corinthians 3.14-16).

The first vail is the legality. We claim that we are under the Grace (favor), but we persist on demanding of the Lamb that he get angry at who hurt us, instead of adjuring for His mercy on this person that don’t deserve boons.

To take away this veil, we need to convert to Christ. But, what is converting?

• “in whom also you are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ, *buried with Him in baptism*, in whom also you were raised through the faith of the working of God, raising Him from the dead.” (Col 2:12).

We need to be buried with Jesus, that is to say, as Paul said:

• “I have been crucified with Christ, and I live; yet no longer I, but Christ lives in me. And that life I now live in the flesh, I live by faith toward the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself on my behalf.” (Galatians 2.20).

Recall that it is the life of Jesus Christ flowing inside us and assuming the control of our thoughts, feelings, desires and acts that purify us of all sin (1John 1.7).

So, have a splendid day letting Jesus using you in every place, at each moment. Tomorrow we will see how to remove the second veil.