How can you tell if you have met your soul mate?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
J

jhesmack

How can you tell if you have met your soul mate ?:)

B

buckeyegirl700

I believe that a person would know in their heart if they have met their soul mate. I have dated guys before and felt within twenty minutes that we would not click.

S

sorry

what if you felt like they could be the one how would you know

S

sorry

THOUGHT THAT THIS MIGHT HELP when you have true love for some one and them you, things you notice about how you feel when your love is shining, can be sighns to look for in your partner. hope this helps.GOD BLESS.

J

JesusChaser

I believe that a person would know in their heart if they have met their soul mate. I have dated guys before and felt within twenty minutes that we would not click.

If you knew within twenty minutes why would you date that person?!?!?!

I think that God will give you a peace and knowledge about the whole situation and you will know.

E

_Elizabeth_

I am not sure.... I have not met my soul mate. Though a person can tell right away if a person is "mate" material. It then is reveled to a person shortly after, the intentions and reality of if the person would be good for them. If you are finding that the person's direction in life and desires lead you to pull away from your own, or distract you from attaining that closeness with the Lord, then you know they are NOT your "soul mate." Typically, we can convince ourselves to accept certain things about someone that we did not intend in doing prior to meeting them. I believe that if there is a soul mate, their presence on our life is mild and nourishing, inspiring us to develop a closeness with in our self and the Lord..... The important thing is not to hold on to something that you instinctively or clearly know is not healthy-don't fool yourself it should be worth the wait.

grace

Sep 8, 2006
I am not sure.... I have not met my soul mate. Though a person can tell right away if a person is "mate" material. It then is reveled to a person shortly after, the intentions and reality of if the person would be good for them. If you are finding that the person's direction in life and desires lead you to pull away from your own, or distract you from attaining that closeness with the Lord, then you know they are NOT your "soul mate." Typically, we can convince ourselves to accept certain things about someone that we did not intend in doing prior to meeting them. I believe that if there is a soul mate, their presence on our life is mild and nourishing, inspiring us to develop a closeness with in our self and the Lord..... The important thing is not to hold on to something that you instinctively or clearly know is not healthy-don't fool yourself it should be worth the wait.

I could not have said it better!

1still_waters

Hmmm I'm wondering if I could photo edit a are they my soul mate flow chart???????

*opens photo editor*

1still_waters

Ok this is probably missing tons of stuff so don't get too nit picky..I prefer the simplified version.. :D

F

frames

I've read the flow chart, got confused and is now even more lost than ever.

Peace 1still_waters.

:D

Where art thouest? Mine Soulmate?

J

jhesmack

You mean you can tell at first glance if a person is not a romantic match. Whatever happend to waiting for love to develop?

K

Kyra

Hey Stilly your flow lines fail but your chart rocks.

(yeah yeah I know don't get too picky.)

B

buckeyegirl700

When I wrote this a couple days ago I was referring to situations where I have had dates with guys I did not know blind dates, or a friend of a friend, coworker, I did not feel chemistry with the men that I had dated and did not go back out with them. I did not mean that I knew them and decided within 20 minutes oh yeah we don't click. There was one situation where I went on a date and the guy told me on the date that he drinks every night and that he was not a christian. For me this would not have worked because I do not drink and I want a christian husband.

T

Taelin

To be honest, love is really tricky. I once thought I knew my soulmate.. we were both christian, both loved God, and things happened and we had to break up. So I'm completely at a loss at how to answer this question :)

P

paulou

in my thoughts and opinions are,your heart ,mind,body and soul will know,your soul mate is somebody who is similar to you,wants the same outlooks in the future, personalities like yours and characteristics like yours,someone who is like you. a person who brings out the best in you,makes you smile,like a best friend, somebody who you can share life with in general,your thoughts, feelings and being open to tell eachother everything.finding a soul mate takes time and work. i found i find like minded women on compatability match profiles to talk to. there is the right person for everyone out there but finding that right one takes work. i mean i could be sitting next to them in the bus and not even know it.i think that a soul mate is a person that matches you, and thinks like you.they are my inputs and thoughts.one mistake people make in dating is that just because two people are in love, that means they should be together and are compatable, but because everone is different it is no ones fault if it doesn't work out,it is only the fact that the couple were too different to get on.i think my soul mate would be a female version of me.

L

Leilaii425

in my thoughts and opinions are,your heart ,mind,body and soul will know,your soul mate is somebody who is similar to you,wants the same outlooks in the future, personalities like yours and characteristics like yours,someone who is like you. a person who brings out the best in you,makes you smile,like a best friend, somebody who you can share life with in general,your thoughts, feelings and being open to tell eachother everything.finding a soul mate takes time and work. i found i find like minded women on compatability match profiles to talk to. there is the right person for everyone out there but finding that right one takes work. i mean i could be sitting next to them in the bus and not even know it.i think that a soul mate is a person that matches you, and thinks like you.they are my inputs and thoughts.one mistake people make in dating is that just because two people are in love, that means they should be together and are compatable, but because everone is different it is no ones fault if it doesn't work out,it is only the fact that the couple were too different to get on.i think my soul mate would be a female version of me.

Would you like to live with two of you for the rest of your life?? If your soul mate is going to be a female version of you whats the point in marrying someone, you can just make a duplicate of yourself.