how close can we be to a christain friend who is in sin and does not care they are ?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Y

yahweh_is4me

I have a friend who is a christian and is in sin, and does not care,
that they are , and its really breaking my heart to see them this way , I am praying for this person but they are always talking about this sin that they are in and I know what the bible say's about do not be mislead Bad company corrupts good character ,
so do I back away or what ? I am still new in my faith & I don't want to be dragged down so any advice would be most helpful
thank you God Bless ..

C

Consumed

limit your time if alone with them, dont shun them, remember Jesus sent them two by two for a good reason. If they keep talking about their sin, keep talking about Jesus' love for them and all it takes is a pray of repentance, pray for them each time if they let you prayers of thanksgiving their bondage is broken

Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not yet seen. Dont see your prayers for them as being ineffectual, no matter how much more things may seem to get,

matthew 21:22 in prayer, believing, you shall receive

May 21, 2009
Sounds like your really feeling you will be dragged down by this person. Since as you say you are very new to all of this then you need to be very careful.

Just remember its not you that can change people. Only God can do that. And God can only change a person IF they want to change.

Don't let the person infect you.

Mar 2, 2010
1 Corinthians 5:9-13
9I wrote you in my letter not to associate with immoral people;

10I did not at all mean with the immoral people of this world, or with the covetous and swindlers, or with idolaters, for then you would have to go out of the world.
11But actually, I wrote to you not to associate with any so-called brother if he is an immoral person, or covetous, or an idolater, or a reviler, or a drunkard, or a swindler--not even to eat with such a one.
12For what have I to do with judging outsiders? Do you not judge those who are within the church? 13But those who are outside, God judges. REMOVE THE WICKED MAN FROM AMONG YOURSELVES.

Who is to be judged? Only brothers and sisters or self-proclaimed brothers and sisters in Christ. Not outsiders.
How are they to be judged? By disassociating with them. This takes a collective effort in order to accomplish what it is intended to accomplish (repentence), but the commandment to disassociate is the same regardless.

Jun 24, 2010
Re: how close can we be to a Christan friend who is in sin and does not care they ar

yahweh_is4me,

Go to him alone with grace in your heart and tell him how much you appreciate his friendship and want to continue in that friendship but there's a problem and the problem has to do with sin. Tell him that you have had sin in your life (we all have) and that sin broke your fellowship with God and others that you were close to, but now you are confessed up to date and your not living in any known sin. Tell him that you did not come to judge him but you came as a friend and in the love of God but you can't have fellowship with him because of the sin that he is practicing in his life. Tell him that you know that Christ paid for his sin but it grieves you and it hurts because you love him and you don't want any sin between you and him, even if his sin involves someone else. Speak to him gently and in meekness but make it clear and from the heart.

If he responds to you and admits his sin, give him grace and forgive him and you have won your brother. But, if he rejects what you have told him, you can have no fellowship with him but you can be available to him as a friend if he wants to make it right. You never repeat the matter or his sin to anyone, not even your wife if you are married. Love covers a multitude of sins and a friend loves at all times. Your love is patient and kind and not demanding, you believe and hope all things for him, your love thinks no evil and your love remains faithful because it never fails. Commit him to God and know that God is able to keep what you have committed to him.

A

Angel371

pray for them believe John 15/7 if you abide in Me (Christ) and My words abide in you, you shall ask what you desire and it shall be done for you (but you must believe John 15/7 and abide in Christ words which cannot lie then he will answer your prayer for that person who is in sin.