How could I and why should I honor my father

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
C

Cbrooke

There are a lot more ways to forgive rather than sending him stuff, in prison, or wherever. Way to dangerous! Like I said before, I don't have a doubt in my mind that he would come back after me. And if he did, I'd end up the same way I started, confused and ashamed. I know what the word says, what God says. But he's not necessarily saying I should give him things like gifts. That's putting me and my "real" family in danger more than we already are (he's not in prison right now, we are just now getting court started)

presidente

May 29, 2013
Yeah, but let's be real here. Would you give your name and address to a pedophile in prison, knowing pedophiles never get life sentences, but might get angry with you enough to remember you when he gets out? Would you do that if the pedophile was your dad?

There are safety issues to consider.
If he's dangerous, there are ways to honor him without giving out your address.

S

Shadowwolg

ok, here is my thought, Honor your Father...yes, but it is not as easy as it seems... My Father also sexually abused me for several years so I know your struggle.. so what I am going to ask, say is What do you feel God is prompting you.. Does God want us to honor our Fathers yes, but you may not be at the point where you could have a sit down conversation with him, but you can honor him by forgiving him, by praying for him, if you are not there yet, ask God what is it you can do now, I did not start out honoring my Father by taking him out for Father's Day lunch, I started out with praying for him, I wrote my share of "not so nice" letters to him, and in time, God has healed and still is healing that relationship...to where I can take him out for Father's Day lunch... It did not happen over night, I still struggle with wanting him to pay for his sins,...and it has been almost 30 years when I first actually prayed for him. Do what God has given you strength to do today, let God heal you from within and seek to do what is right, and God will take care of the rest...this also means that there may be many more Father's Days where you will struggle with the thought of wishing you had a Godly Father... I have missed a many of Mother's Day and Father's Day services at church bc of this...but God knows this, He knows your pain... hope this comes as an encouragement.....

P

Practice-English

I have just read your message about your father..
I don't know how can I help you with this situation :(
I can understand that it's not simple at all to love your father.
Mine is difficult too in sense of he's a complicated person.
Mine wants to control and have the power of all.
Mine acting as a real baby...
Anyway, eh I would like to pray,
but I'm still have difficult to pray Jesus...
So I'll send you a verse of the Bible evidently!
This verse will be good to read each day...

Psalm 1.jpg