How do i deal with embarrassment?!!!!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
K

kittypretty282

ok so basically the other day at a bible study that just started the lady teaching it said she would take any prayer requests that we had. Well i really felt God tugging at my heart to ask her to pray for my brother. I felt really awkward going up there. Mostly everyone had left the class. SO i go up and ask and randomly and unexpectedly i start crying. OMG! It was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO embarrassing!! And really awkward since i just met her and stuff. I feel so ashamed of myself. Any advice?

L

Leilaii425

There is nothing to be embarassed about. You obviously were upset about your brother. One time i was walking up to the front of a church for prayer and in front of about 500 people i tripped and fell and all but rolled down the isle!! I wanted to DIE lol so hey, just be glad you didnt do that. If crying is the worst of your problems your doing good :) Please dont be ashamed of yourself though. You were brave enough to get up there and ask someone you didnt really know to pray for your brother. You should be proud of yourself.

K

kittypretty282

thanks! your comment made my day so much better! you have no idea!

S

Sammijo

hey u did what u felt God telling u to do dont be embarassed by it crying is okif i had been there i probably would have cried with u

Z

Zalen

I have been acting for a while now, and I have embarrassed myself many times in front of large crowds. My motto is that if embarrassment bothers you, you have not been embarrassed enough. You will learn that no embarrassing event will ever harm you, especially if it took place in such a passionate and spiritual place as an institute of religion.
-Zalen

D

Drades

My advise to you would be to stop worrying about what others think of you so much.
personally this is not much of a struggle for me but i know that its a huge problem with a lot of the people i go to school with and are friends with.
in my mind its silly to change your behavior based on what other people think, silently, inside of thier own head. And if you do change the way you act to please other people, arent you letting them tell you who you are? be who god created you to be :)
just a couple thoughts.. ;)

C

Cako53

If God asked you to do it, than you shouldn't be embarrased. So what, you cried about it, that person can't look you in the eye and tell you that they have never cried. I have learnt to deal with embarrasment, as with my personality embarssment comes naturally. You shouldn't feel embarrased in the first place though.

F

Foxy

ok so basically the other day at a bible study that just started the lady teaching it said she would take any prayer requests that we had. Well i really felt God tugging at my heart to ask her to pray for my brother. I felt really awkward going up there. Mostly everyone had left the class. SO i go up and ask and randomly and unexpectedly i start crying. OMG! It was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO embarrassing!! And really awkward since i just met her and stuff. I feel so ashamed of myself. Any advice?
Pray about it........ Trust me, God brings you through alot and then you relize, that would have been impossible without God.