how do i tell family i found god ?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
R

rikki-jane85

hi evry one iv always had faith in god n jesus bt my family n frends do not. for years iv even tryed to put it to the back of my mind but since haveing my 2 girls i want them 2 grow up knowing that god and jesus love them but with out the rest of the family being strange to words us. i dont even know how to aproch the subject.all sugestions welcomedx :) x

B

Beeb0

Really the only approach to this subject is to flat out tell them ...being family they should respect your decisions & whether they do or not, you can pray that God softens their hearts. Raising your children in God's word is a very good decision :)

Jan 9, 2009
hi evry one iv always had faith in god n jesus bt my family n frends do not. for years iv even tryed to put it to the back of my mind but since haveing my 2 girls i want them 2 grow up knowing that god and jesus love them but with out the rest of the family being strange to words us. i dont even know how to aproch the subject.all sugestions welcomedx :) x
For me, accepting the Lord as my Savior was the Happiest day of my life. It showed when I told my family I wanted to be baptized and what religion I chose. Even though they didn't agree with my choice of religions, they were very happy for me in regard to finally excepting Jesus.
Hopefully, the Lord will soften their hearts and maybe they will try to get closer to Jesus too.

Bless you for having the courage to tell them about it, even though right now it's a uncomfortable subject. Maybe you could pray for the spirt to be with you and help you choose the words to use when you tell them.

C

carpetmanswife

well when a person is truly converted a change takes place as we all know soooooooo i have a feeling your family will notice the difference in you . theres your open door .:)

Jan 12, 2009
i would just tell them. If they don't like it...tough...your your own person.

T

the_buffest_possum

just say, "Hello, i am a christian."

F

footprints1

IF THEY STAY AROUND YOU LONG ENOUGH THEY WILL SEE A CHANGE IN YOU AND THEY MAY SAY YOU HAVE CHANGED WHAT HAPPENED TO YOU AND WHERE CAN I FIND IT.

Mar 18, 2009
I agree with Footprints1 on this; the best way to inform them of your decision is by example, not words. If they ask you directly, then tell them; otherwise, just raise your kids in Christ, and if your folks object, stand your ground and leave the rest to God. He can handle your folks much better than you can.

Mar 26, 2009
I think the best way to tell others that your Christian would be how some other people said, just tell them, if they don't like it now they probably won't like it any better later, right...

W

weekak

I am in the same situation at the moment. I haven't be raised to believe in God and know no other christians and so the fact of having to tell family makes me a little scared. But I hope that when they see the change in me I wont need to tell them because they will just be happy to see me happy. Those who snigger and turn their noses up at the mention of God and me following God's truth just dont understand His greatness.
Stay strong. Its your life, live it.

E

esther414

I think the best thing to do is to go in to the situation with prayer. Ask God to soften their hearts. Go into the situation with a kind heart, and the Armour of God. Ephesians 6: 10-24. Remember that not everyone is going to agree, but you have the body of Christ who agrees with you. Don't argue if they don't see eye to eye. I would also, meditate on the fruits of the spirit. Galatians 5:22. Above everything, trust God to deal with them before you speak to them. I should know I am a christian in a household of non-believers who are slowly, but surely, coming to Christ! Be Blessed and Keep us updated!

V

vasofragil22

ur actions speaks show more than words ... show how u really change ur life in the moment that u accepted CHRIST as ur saviour .......so ur family will see the changes that u have in ur behaviour in everything ...

L

LynnJ

When I became a Christian at the age of 17, the rest of my family were not Christians at that time. I did not "announce" it or anything official, but they noticed that I was attending church every Sunday and Wednesday, reading my Bible, and being more agreeable. :) I didn't witness to them, I just tried to be a living witness.

Praise Report: All but two of my family members are now Christians, and I'm still praying for my sister and one of my brothers.