how do you deal?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

taggerung

Apr 26, 2009
i have a solid group of friends and its finally happened....the last of the single people have started dating. now i feel like the third wheel, and now i can look forward to feeling lonley every time i hang out with them... has anyone else gone thru this? how did you deal?

C

ChristopherMichael

Yeah, that sucks tagger. Do you have any other good single people that you can hang out with more?

- Topher

Jan 8, 2009
Well you have a bit of fun and try and hit on their dates.

D

dovey

your funny!! Love the australian accent...I have all of these strange movie based ideas about australians...any of them true?

B

bigfatsasquatch

Tagger, you are 19! in a few weeks to months most likely one or all of them will be single too! Its not awkward or "lonely" unless your friends make it that way by being over the top affectionate with each other. Everyone has gone through that.

G

Groundhog

i have a solid group of friends and its finally happened....the last of the single people have started dating. now i feel like the third wheel, and now i can look forward to feeling lonley every time i hang out with them... has anyone else gone thru this? how did you deal?
haha... story of my life.

I don't think I have any advice, except be patient.

I

ImSoMe

To answer your question... I am kind of going through this. I usually keep my distance when they are all lovey dovey and affectionate (when they are at that stage) and hang out with other people or chill by myself for a little. If you are feeling like that much of a third wheel that it starts to affect your friendships with them, I would hang out with them a little less. The last thing you want is to start to feel resentment or bitter towards your friends because they are in a relationship and you are not. And don't dwell on the fact that they are together and you don't have a bf/gf... that will only make you feel lonelier. Hope this helps. Stay strong and stay blessed!

taggerung

Apr 26, 2009
thanks everyone :) u guys are full of good advice and encouragment... u guys are a blessing. i thin i brought thid on myself, all my friends are between the ages of 21 to 30 so i should have seen it coming. oh well :)

Jan 8, 2009
your funny!! Love the australian accent...I have all of these strange movie based ideas about australians...any of them true?
They're all pretty true actually but obviously confined to certain regions of australia (and eras) , there is a real croc hunter that is like the one in the crocodile dundee movies, he's been on tv sometimes here is his website:
http://www.crocodilemick.com/