How do you handle rejection?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

amybnt

Sep 27, 2014
How do you stop yourself from liking someone who doesn't like you? Being friends is something I want, but I find myself just wishing for more.

T

Thomas223

Hey amybnt, sometimes it can be extremely difficult to stop yourself from liking someone. I remember in highschool I really had a crush on this girl, I thought she was the most beautiful woman I had ever seen. I chased and talked to her for months. I asked her out and she said no. I was so embarrassed. But a little while later I met the most amazing woman I could have ever imagined, smart, funny, beautiful. If that first girl would have gone out with me I never would have met the most amazing woman, who happened to be great for me.

I don't know if you've talked to the person and told him how you feel. my advice would be to have faith that you WILL meet the right person for you, love and relationships work in funny ways, you never expect to meet your partner where it happens, the girl I was talking about above I met her on top of a water resivoiur when I was taking a walk when I couldn't sleep. It's likely You won't meet your future husband in a place that you expect, like a school or party, it'llbe unexpected.

May 16, 2015
*queue the background music* "Let it Go!, Let it Go!"

In all seriousness though, I always just remember that there is billions of people on this planet. There will always be someone better. Praying helps get through the rough days.

S

Siberian_Khatru

You don't stop it. Sometimes that's just how the cookie crumbles.

As far as rejection: I haven't had to deal with it, so I'll have to defer to others' experience and wisdom along with you on that one. :)

G

GardensBeyond

Just...don't follow your heart.
Be a friend.
Have control.

proverbs 25: 28 Like a city whose walls are broken through is a person who lacks self-control.

Becarful =/

Love can be...well feelings.. eh

C

Chaz

I don't have that kind of rejection but I have a pretty bad one. My now ex gf told me only 4 days before a break up that we would would be together forever and that she would always love me. Then she broke up with me and kicked me to the side then after only a few days started kissing some other guy she hardly knew. I don't know how to really handle it other than ask God to change your mind set. This guy is not just some guy you can look at. He is a child of God, a son of God just like you are God's little girl. And that has significant meaning. If this is a real problem try to put him into the brother part of how you see him instead.

P

Practice-English

How do you stop yourself from liking someone who doesn't like you? Being friends is something I want, but I find myself just wishing for more.

I don't understand what do you mean about that?
Because I don't understand well your sense
because I'm not bilingual, I speak French at home so.
But, about rejection don't worry I had a lot of fakes or wrongs
friends in my life who have all rejected me for any reasons in particular.
In school, it was nice at all because people has really bullied me for divers reasons.
My Mom told me it's because I was too much kind and I was not able to affirm myself
when it was enough!

Jul 8, 2021
Your worthy of a million men trust in God that you'll have Mr right soon hun whether it's him or not love I'm here if you want to blow sum steam babe