How do you hear from God?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Seeker47

Aug 7, 2018
Thank you seeker, this has been brought up for me as well as a type of idolatry, placing the cares of the world ahead of Him.
You are another witness to me of this.
Yes, I think it is idolatry when it results in neglect.

Feb 24, 2019
I believe, that every event that comes my way is because my Father in heaven Loves me.

Blik

Dec 6, 2016
I went on a five day fast, separating myself from the world even food to concentrate on the word.

I found that TV and radio separated me from God as my main focus, I haven't seen or heard it for years.

Seeker47

Aug 7, 2018
I went on a five day fast, separating myself from the world even food to concentrate on the word.

I found that TV and radio separated me from God as my main focus, I haven't seen or heard it for years.
You have missed nothing. I stopped it too, along with all popular social media.

Blade

Nov 19, 2019
Explain how do you personally hear from God.
Well I have no formula or seven steps to hear from GOD! lol I use to think my ways stop Him as in my sin not praying or reading His word. Yet that can get in the way but does not stop Him. Doubt can play a huge part. If when I listen to doubt.. God will not go against that. He seems to take what ever I give and then keeps waiting. When I do get in tune I find is not me waiting on Him .. He is always waiting on me. Hes the one that wants to talk and always every moment be with us. Here we are talking about hearing from God who do we think gaves us this thought? Not man but God/Holy Spirit.

What do I do? When I think about the times He speaks.. Never just waiting "comeon God.. talk to me". I was just talking to Him or praying reading again just talking not thinking about hearing. Just like being blind.. knowing He hears and fighting those thoughts that some times come in like a flood and then flip those thoughts. We look out in this beautiful yet dead world and Christ said if you stop them even the rocks will cry out. We look at rocks and what do we see? We hear nothing yet ALL creation right now is singing praising Him.

So I blindly believe and if doubt comes in.. no Christ said my sheep know my voice.. not wonder not guess but know my voice. Oh He does use MUSIC allot.. thats because I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE..did I say LOVE? I love music... music (For me) that always praises Him.. I like Classical, all music from all over the world. I find I hear more when its about others.. not going to Church .. your still saved but.. this is always about others...forgive me Father. Song come this way.. the lord is my shepherd. by WE are messengers"

joaniemarie

Jan 4, 2017
"I have learned over the years, a spiritual awakening being essential, and this being of a personal
happening. A spiritual awareness and trusting and believing God's principles of life are to be lived
to the best of my ability. With this God consciousness, I feel the Holy Spirit enlightens my thoughts
and actions, and, I make a practice each day of a quiet time of prayer and being alone with, hopefully
good and right choices, and to conduct my life accordingly. God's spiritual inspiration, influences my
attitude and behavior. Thank God, my life has become more orderly and manageable, through my
daily spiritual time, as the Holy Spirit helps enlighten my thoughts and actions, and this being how
I 'hear' of God's influence in my life...believe it."
I came...I came to...I came to believe..........the spirit of God is

Amen :)