How do You Visualize God?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Oct 28, 2018
Whenever you think of God, what do you think of Him looking like?

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
John 4:24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

M

Miri

I’ve seen Jesus in dreams, each time different and unique.

In one I saw only his lower legs he was wearing white linen
pants and sandals. I was like a sheep being led by Him, so The
Good Shepherd is spot on.

In another I saw Him dazzling brilliant blinding light.

Still another I was walking with Him like a child hand in hand
with the father.

In another as a teacher leaning at a desk.

The common theme across them all has been Jesus dressed in
spotless, whiteness, sometimes brilliant dazzling white.

It comes as no surprise to me that the following verses
describe Him as white as snow.

Revelation 1:14 NKJV
[14] His head and hair were white like wool, as white as snow, and
His eyes like a flame of fire;

Oct 28, 2018
John 4:24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

Thats true, but the Bible frequently refers to God's appearance using symbolism. How would you think of God looking in terms that symbolize his nature?

Oct 28, 2018
Recently I've visualized God as an infinite, burning ocean of healing frankincense, constantly producing New Wave music. Strange, but true.

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
Thats true, but the Bible frequently refers to God's appearance using symbolism. How would you think of God looking in terms that symbolize his nature?
I don't.

Lillywolf

Aug 29, 2018
Hard to explain so I'll just use terms and people can use their imaginations. :)

Power and Nature

TamLynn

A heart at rest
Nov 27, 2014
I don't believe I've ever wondered what He looks like.
I'm very thankful that I know and have experienced what He is like though. 💓

blueluna5

Jul 30, 2018
I second the God in dreams. However he is different in them too.

-One time I was swinging from his hands which were huge. We were both laughing. I think his arms were golden.

-Another he was talking to me as a professor. He told me something in Greek. When I looked it up it he told me something that ended up happening in the future. It was something amazing. He was an old man.

-Another time I met an angel. Not exactly God, but when I woke up I said that was Jesus. He was in white, crown, gold hair. It was more about the holiness and the beauty you could actually feel though. I've never felt those emotions before but I look forward to it in the future.

-Had another where I was flying over a stream with I consider an angel. He was old man, dressed in white.

I typically picture him in white, gold, and huge which is my experience. Even the angels...my hand is like a toddlers in their hand. And I'm not that short. :p