How Do You Want to be Remembered?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

shawntc

May 7, 2010
When you move on from this life, what do you want people to remember you for?

I have a pastor from back home who used to live the rock'n'roll lifestyle, with the drugs to go with it. Of all things, he wants to be remembered as someone who was honest.

I want to be remembered as someone who was wise and generous, who lived a Godly life and showed his faith both intellectually and in how he lived daily life.

R

Relena7

Never really thought about it in that way before. Interesting question.

I guess I'd want to be remembered for being funny and laid back, kind, loving, accidentally inspirational, artistic, and also an oddball. ;) I'd want to be that woman who never made anyone feel judged for being honest about who they are. And I want to help (at least) one person overcome psychological issues similar to my own, with unconventional wisdom that really "clicks" for them, some time before I die.

O

OFM

i wish to be remembered as kind thoughtfull caring giving prayerful and very much alot loving.

M

Miri

I would like to be remembered as someone who reflects the nature of Jesus.

GULP :eek: I have got a long way to go - that's a tall order :)

O

OFM

I would like to be remembered as someone who reflects the nature of Jesus.

GULP :eek: I have got a long way to go - that's a tall order :)
that miri is like heavenly you spiritually go girl amen allwaysz,zzzz amen...

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
Honestly there are many things i want to be remembered by, not by ppl but in the eyes of god. To be one who trusted god above all else and above all people and disaster. To be one who followed all god has told me to do without question, to be one who loves Jesus The way he loves us all. To be one who cares so much about what Jesus did for us I cry evertime i think of it. To love and care for all people because i can see the way Jesus see's and i see their cries for help and love. I only have one life and this life god has given me is his to take anyways. But i do not want my death to be anything but a glorious and beautiful death to where i can see as i fade in the arms of death that I was satisfied with my life of a christian . I want my death to bring the name of god more glory than all my life. I feel kind of self conceded saying all of this But ever since i accepted christ these have been my desire in my heart for god. what an amzing treasure it would be to trust god like abraham did, and to love him and all people like Jesus did.

P

Powemm

Nothing of me , everything of Him. :)

F

flight316

I want to be remembered as a man that knew the Lord and tried to follow Him.

S

shirley

i want to be remembered that i loved everyone despite what i go through GOD worked in me many ways ; actually nothing of me all of him

Dec 19, 2009
I want to be remembered as a person of integrity. First, of course, I need to have integrity.

JimJimmers

Apr 26, 2012
I pondered this question for a few days, Shawn, and I came to the conclusion that I don't especially want to be remembered. Anything I am remembered for, I hope points to Jesus, but I'm fine with fading into oblivion. I did have the thought of instead of a headstone, getting a mirror put in. Make people think about mortality a little, LOL.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
I pondered this question for a few days, Shawn, and I came to the conclusion that I don't especially want to be remembered. Anything I am remembered for, I hope points to Jesus, but I'm fine with fading into oblivion. I did have the thought of instead of a headstone, getting a mirror put in. Make people think about mortality a little, LOL.
That is pretty deep:)

P

preachersaul

Patron Saint of North Korea (I'm working on it).

shawntc

May 7, 2010
Wow! I feel complimented that I said something that made someone muse about it for that long.

S

Sarge

When I pass on and am in heaven, I would like my kids to think of me this way. It is from Timothy 2, chapter4 verse 7. I have fought the good Fight, I have finished the race. I have kept the faith. I would like to think that my kids could say that was me. I pray that I am living up to this.

God Bless everyone.