How Does The Holy Spirirt Help A Believer?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Biblem

Mar 26, 2023
When it comes to who the Holy Spirit is, the Bible doesn’t give us a lot of specifics. We know that He is a part of the Trinity, along with God the Father and Jesus Christ. But beyond that, the Holy Spirit can be more than we know.

Some people think of the Holy Spirit from what they see in movies, always there to help us when we need Him. Others see Him as more of a guardian angel, who helps us make good decisions and stay on the right path, some others see Him as a Spirit in the form of a dove. And sometimes He is represented with a light in the dark.

Actually, it’s very limiting to attribute the Holy Spirit to a dove and a being that can appear and disappear anytime. The Holy Spirit can do greater things than we know and will ever know.

But ultimately, we can’t put Him into a box. He is mysterious and enigmatic, and we can only come to understand Him better as we spend time with Him. The important thing is to remember that He is always there for us, ready to help and guide us on our journey through life.

The Work of the Holy Spirit
The Holy Spirit is always at work, nudging us and guiding us to do what is right. You may not always hear him, but he’s always there, working behind the scenes.

The Holy Spirit is the one who helps us to understand.........continue

Jun 12, 2021
Holy Spirit helps God's elects by crafting us to be more like Jesus.
Matthew 28:20
New King James Version

20 teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” [a]Amen.

If you are interested in freedom from sin and how do we receive the Holy Spirit? read below.
After God gave me the Holy Spirit, I found proof that TV, movies, novels, music, video games and computer games are all sins, except Christian stuff that don’t have sins like sermons and Christian music words that gives messages. I found out that in them there is lying, stealing, adultery (Matthew 5:28 looking at someone with lust is adultery), fornication which is sex before marriage, revenge, murder, jealousy, pride=self-pity, hypocrisy, using God’s name in vain as a curse word, they are all idols (breaks 2nd Commandment) because most people can’t live without them and they love them more than God and more. Just read the 10 commandments for a list.

1 John 2:15 King James Version (KJV)

15 Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.

1 Corinthians 6:9-10 New King James Version

9 Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites, 10 nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God.

Now I will be preaching about how to receive the Holy Spirit and be 100% going to Heaven.

First, it’s only by the grace of God that he gives you faith in Jesus Christ in order to give up your sins. It’s only by the grace of God that he leads you to pray to him to destroy all your evil desires of watching TV or any sinful desires. When you pray to God to destroy all your evil desires of watching TV or sinful desires (Romans 6:6-7 and Galatians 5:24), Satan will intervene and extremely tempt you in watching the TV. But if it’s God’s will and if you are one of God’s elects, you will overcome it and God will destroy all your evil desires of watching TV. After God has destroyed all your evil desires of watching TV and if you are one of God’s elects, you receive the joy of the Holy Spirit for about 40 minutes. After the joy wears off, all existence of boredom no longer exists and you no longer burn out (psychology) anymore. That is when you have received the Holy Spirit.

Then it’s by the grace of God that he forgives you of your sins, as you confess and repent of your sins throughout your life which is called sanctification. But you can watch Christian stuff that don’t have sins (Like sermons) because that helps you grow more mature as a Christian spiritually and for more information about this sermon, go to spreadthegospel59.wordpress.com then go to
The short version of “To be free from sin (sin deceives and hurts everyone) and how do we receive the Holy Spirit?”

Karlon

Mar 8, 2023
in this way: John 14:26, John 16:13, John 14:16,17, John 3:33 & Romans 8:16.

blueluna5

Jul 30, 2018
Ive always found the holy spirit fascinating bc he's such a closeness with God, literally always with us.

I think of the holy spirit as a counselor and truth seeker. People pay money to see a counselor and need that knowledge at times. However we shouldn't be talking negatively to ourselves all the time. The holy spirit is the voice of God that lifts up. There's no name calling or degrading. Why put yourself down? That's not from God.

I had a dream of an angel before and his love went through me. He did not judge me, I judged myself. Yet belittling myself only pulled me away from him and he didn't see me like that. I use to always put myself down and I stopped. I started lucid dreaming and waking up floating above my body. I felt free and I only spoke to myself the way the holy spirit would.

Aside from the spiritual part, you get a lot more done physically too. I could never accomplish what I have today with the old mindset. I'm a better person and can be used by God more hopefully because of it. Granted I'm still not perfect and lose my temper at times, which is not from the holy spirit.

Karlon

Mar 8, 2023
by communicating with us. you can hear His voice inside your head or He may choose to speak out of your mouth with your voice! John 14:16,1, 7 16:13, 3:33, 14:26 & 1st John 5:10 teach that we are indwelt with the Holy Spirit at salvation, the Holy Spirit is in us for life, the sealing of the Holy Spirit guarantees the benefits of our salvation, we have His witness revealing truth, he will guide us in truth, will show us the future, gives us assurance of salvation, etc.

brighthouse98

Apr 16, 2015
The wonderful Holy Spirit can be thought of as the wind, you cannot see the wind BUT!!!you sure can feel it's affects!! He moves not according to what man thinks, or even believes because when he comes upon you, he deals with each person as they are. He cannot be put in a bottle. He can speak to our mindset as some have stated, indeed they are correct, he can prevent you from harm as well! One brother was about to take a trip with his girlfriend when inside of him spoke wait another 5 min before you leave. he spoke what he believed to his girlfriend who said OK,3 min after there was a huge accident on the road he was about to travel!

It was so loud of a crash they both heard from there house!! SO!!! There are so many stories I could tell you!! He, Holy Spirit moves as Jesus leads him to. He performs mighty works. For Jesus himself could do nothing without Holy Spirit! A perfect example of this can be found in the book of Luke watch the difference here. first Jesus became full of Holy Spirit (Luke 4:1)

The power was not there yet until!!!! Verse14!! Then Jesus began to teach and heal!! Being full of Holy Spirit is not the same as his power, and many here can testify to that as well!! Example One day a brother invited me to his church. Holy Spirit in my prayer closet said to go for I have something to show them.

It was a methodist Church. Now all believers are full of Holy Spirit as I am, anyway as we were singing Holy Spirit said as if I was talking to any of you, "Do you see that second lady in the front Pew, she has a heart condition and if you lay hands on her I will heal her" ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!

I stated to sweat. i said in my mindset if the pastor moves forward and asks people to come up and pray then I will go forth. Another song, I thought oh great it was just me!! After that song the pastor stepped forth and stated he felt so led to ask people to come forth and pray!! I did not think, I went forth to the Pastor stated what I believed Holy Spirit said to me and pointed to the lady, she started to cry, I thought Oh my dear Lord what did I just do!!

She said she had just been to the doctor two days ago and he told her of her heart condition!! Just then!! I felt a great power upon me, I started to go back to my seat, I mean after all he is the Pastor and I respect his authority. He said no brother you pray for her. i asked her to step forward please, she did, I asked people to gather behind her and in front of her, because I knew though Holy Spirit she would fall under his power.

I raised my hand towards her not even touching her and she fell like someone hit her over the head with something, they caught her, as she fell forward on the ground. I stated to go back to my seat, the pastor said wait, what happened??? LOL Some in the Church thought was this the Lord?? Was it the devil?? The pastor full of Holy Spirit said when she awakes whoever did this will get the glory for it. After some 7 min she woke up saying PRAISE THE LORD!!!

The pastor said its was the Lord, it was the Lord! I told her to go back to the doctor to confirm. She did and the doctor who was not a believer became one that very day!!! Holy Spirit healed a body then heled a mindset with the doctor!! I was led to share this with you all,so that you know at least one person who knows Holy Spirit on a very personal level as you can as well!! Praise the name of the Lord FOREVER!!! Blessing to you all through our Lord Jesus!!