How dose Satan acutally look ????

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
N

nathan3

[size=+2] How dose Satan actually look ?

Monster , snake , or fire breathing Dragon with great wings. Horned Devil ? One wonders. There is only one place to find answers!

God's word teaches us a lot. So lets see what is said.

Keep in mind: This study is to get an idea of his character and maybe his visual appearance.

There will be a list of description notes,. taken from what we cover here. at the end of this post.

Revelation 12:7-12

King James Version (KJV)

7 And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,

8 And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven.

9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceive the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

We are given some of Satan's names here :

-Old Serpent

-The Devil

-Satan

-Dragon

-Deceiver

But this dose not show us How he might look, we have to search the scriptures for that. Ezekiel 28: is fairly well known . Lets see what we can glean from there.

Here Satan is called a rock. That is what Tyrus means in the Hebrew. Lets see if we can't take the rock off of Satan. And expose some of his lies.

The prince after his fall . King would be before he fell.

I will put in "quotations" to put emphasis on parts that reveal clues ; about his looks and character.

Ezekiel 28

King James Version

28 The word of the Lord came again unto me, saying,

2 Son of man, say unto the prince of Tyrus, Thus saith the Lord God; Because thine heart is lifted up, ""and thou hast said, I am a God,"" I sit in the seat of God, in the midst of the seas; yet thou art a man, and not God, though thou set thine heart as the heart of God:

3 Behold, """thou art wiser than Daniel; there is no secret that they can hide from thee:"""

4 With thy ""wisdom and with thine understanding"" thou hast gotten thee riches, and hast gotten gold and silver into thy treasures:

5 By thy great wisdom and by thy traffick hast thou increased thy riches, and thine heart is lifted up because of thy riches:

6 Therefore thus saith the Lord God; ""Because thou hast set thine heart as the heart of God;""

7 Behold, therefore I will bring strangers upon thee, the terrible of the nations: and they shall draw their swords against the beauty of thy wisdom, and they shall defile thy brightness.

8 They shall bring thee down to the pit, and thou shalt die the deaths of them that are slain in the midst of the seas.

9 Wilt thou yet say before him that slayeth thee, I am God? but thou shalt be a man, and no God, in the hand of him that slayeth thee. < Everyone is a man compared to God, even a Cherubim.

10 Thou shalt die the deaths of the uncircumcised by the hand of strangers: for I have spoken it, saith the Lord God.

11 Moreover the word of the Lord came unto me, saying,

Now this will be before, Satan's fall : Again important parts in quotations "" "". ( we also find out he was in Eden in this chapter.)

12 Son of man, take up a lamentation upon the king of Tyrus, and say unto him, Thus saith the Lord God;""" Thou sealest up the sum"", ""full of wisdom"", and""" perfect in beauty."""

13 ""Thou hast been in Eden the garden of God"""; every precious stone was thy covering, the sardius, topaz, and the diamond, the beryl, the onyx, and the jasper, the sapphire, the emerald, and the carbuncle, and gold: """the workmanship of thy tabrets and of thy pipes was prepared in thee in the day that"" thou wast created.""

14 """Thou art the anointed cherub that covereth"""; "and I have set thee so": "thou wast upon the holy mountain of God; thou hast walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire."

15 ""Thou wast perfect""" in thy ways ""from the day that thou wast "created"", "till iniquity was found in thee".

16 By the multitude of thy merchandise they have filled the midst of thee with violence, and thou hast sinned: therefore I will cast thee as profane out of the mountain of God: and I will destroy thee, O covering cherub, from the midst of the stones of fire. (this means in a spiritual sense, hes peddling his filth back then )

17 """Thine heart was lifted up because of thy"" beauty"", ""thou hast corrupted thy wisdom by reason of thy brightness:"" I will cast thee to the ground, I will lay thee before kings, that they may behold thee.< future.. do you know? That Christ comes 2nd not first. don't fly please. Dont be harvested out of season.

18 Thou hast defiled thy sanctuaries by the multitude of thine iniquities, by the iniquity of thy traffick; therefore will I bring forth a fire from the midst of thee, it shall devour thee, and I will bring thee to ashes upon the earth in the sight of all them that behold thee. < future this is the 2nd death. Don't go there please.

19 All they that know thee among the people shall be astonished at thee: thou shalt be a terror, and never shalt thou be any more................................................................................................

Where ells is Satan written of ? This place here is a little less known. Due in part because of the Symbols used to describe what is happening.

Think of a symbol as an object lesson. Say we cant; picture numbers in mind for example.
Ex: 1, 2, 3. A symbol can be used in place of the numbers to teach the lesson. Much easier to picture three apples: ` O O O' ; then the figure of the number 3.

Also symbols can say a lot more then what is written. Symbols use less words, and they say much more.
At the same time Symbolism can be used to protect some one from knowing something they should not ; at that particular moment in time.. These are some ways symbols are used..

Satan is addressed as the Assyrian here in Ezekiel 31: lets read . We find out that he was in Eden in this chapter as well. We also see the same prideful boasting present here.

One Symbol you will see used throughout , our Heavenly Father's word is a " Tree " . Tree is often used in God's word to symbolize people.

God even compared Himself to a fir tree ( evergreen tree ) In Hosea .

( Hosea 14: 8 Ephraim shall say, What have I to do any more with idols? I have heard him, and observed him: I am like a green fir tree. From me is thy fruit found.
9 Who is wise, and he shall understand these things? prudent, and he shall know them? for the ways of the Lord are right, and the just shall walk in them: but the transgressors shall fall therein.)

Ezekiel 31:

Behold, the Assyrian was a cedar in Lebanon with fair branches, and with a shadowing shroud, and of an high stature; and his top was among the thick boughs.

4 The waters made him great, the deep set him up on high with her rivers running round about his plants, and sent her little rivers unto all the trees of the field.

5 Therefore his height was exalted above all the trees of the field, and his boughs were multiplied, and his branches became long because of the multitude of waters, when he shot forth.

6 All the fowls of heaven made their nests in his boughs, and under his branches did all the beasts of the field bring forth their young, and under his shadow dwelt all great nations.

7 Thus was he fair in his greatness, in the length of his branches: for his root was by great waters.

8 The cedars in the garden of God could not hide him: the fir trees were not like his boughs, and the chestnut trees were not like his branches; nor any tree in the garden of God was like unto him in his beauty.

9 I have made him fair by the multitude of his branches: so that all the trees of Eden, that were in the garden of God, envied him.

10 Therefore thus saith the Lord God; Because thou hast lifted up thyself in height, and he hath shot up his top among the thick boughs, and his heart is lifted up in his height;

11 I have therefore delivered him into the hand of the mighty one of the heathen; he shall surely deal with him: I have driven him out for his wickedness.
.................................................................................................................................................................

Here Satan is addressed as Lucifer. That means bright morning star. From the other scriptures we just read, Satan wants to be God.
Its no wounder why he would copy one of Christ names here. But as we read, you see its the same M.O.

Isaiah 14:

12 How art thou fallen""" from heaven"", O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!

13 For" thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:" ( God's throne is what this means )

14" I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; "I will be like the most High."

15 Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit.
...........................................................................................................................................................

NOW; we will put all scripture notes together so we can start to see a portrait of Satan. His looks. and his character. Form what we have just read .

`~ And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels~'

``~And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which "deceiveth the whole world": he was cast out into ""the earth~,"" and his angels were cast out with him.

Satan

...........................................................................................................notes from Ezekiel 28
- - I am a God,

-- wiser than Daniel; there is no secret that they can hide

--wisdom and understanding

--great wisdom

-- heart is lifted

--full of wisdom, and perfect in beauty .complete.

--been in Eden the garden of God

--anointed Cherub that Covers

( protected seat of Christ.) picture the winged creatures on the Ark of the Covenant He did not have actual wings., but this was his role then, before he fell )

--walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire ( that is where God's Throne is. )

--perfect

-- Covering Cherub

-- beauty

-- wisdom

--brightness

............................................................................................................... notes from Ezekiel 31:

--waters made him great ( waters you will find is symbolic of people in Revelation chapter 17. )

-- height was exalted above all the trees

- -fair in his greatness

--The cedars in the garden of God could not hide him

-- nor any tree in the garden of God was like unto him in his beauty.

-Made him fair by the multitude of his branches: so that all the trees of Eden, that were in the garden of God, envied him

- heart is lifted up in his height

................................................................................................................... notes from Isaiah 14:

- I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God

- I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.

.................................................................................................................................notes from Revelation 13: future

- I disguise with two horns like a lamb, and yet they don't know I spake as The Dragon.

- I exercise all the power of the first beast before me that I healed.

- I make great wonders, so that fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men, ( The word fire is interesting here in the Greek

pur
pur
poor
a primary word; "fire" (literally or figuratively, specially, lightning):--fiery, fire.)

Revelation chapter 13:

11 And I beheld another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spake as a dragon.

12 And he exerciseth all the power of the first beast before him, and causeth the earth and them which dwell therein to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed.

13 And "he doeth great wonders, so that he maketh fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men,

14 And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live.

2nd Thess. Chapter 2

3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

5 Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you, I told you these things?

6 And now ye know what withholdeth that he might be revealed in his time.

7 For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.

8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:

9 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,

10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

2nd Corinthians 11:

13 For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ.

14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light......
. [/size]

Last edited:

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
Im sorry I struggled with reading all of your posting.
You put alot of work into it. :)
My understanding is that satan can be quite beautiful, and was once one of the most beautiful of all angels.
But also that satan decieves in every way possible, even decieving himself.
But I do believe as well that any who are in Jesus, will know him, for his beauty is only superficial.
That the darkness of who he is is seen because in him, there is no life.

God bless
pickles

Feb 17, 2010
Satan might very well be your pastor, or minister or priest...etc. I know if a person does not preach TRUTH as the Spirit of Truth teaches to all who HEARS from the Bible, then that person is NOT appointed by God. God HIMSELF calls, justifies and glorifies HIS teachers to teach His TRUTH.

How many pastors do you know that God appointed, and God's Spirit witness with him that HE IS APPOINTED by God. I know NONE!
If i look at the requirement to be the lowest rank in church a DEACON, I barely know people that qaulify for that post. And look at the elders/bishops, and then the Pastors, evangelists, pastors and teachers... EPh4. 1 Tim 3.

A deacon shold be the husband of one wife, that just about cancell 80% of men... holding the mystery of the faith on a PURE conscience. That just about cancell ALL men! So how about the teachers. Deacons do not teach! They work the tables and take care of the people... SERVANTS of the LORD.

So Satan comes as an angel of the light, BUT he cannot fool the Truth-students.... The elect.... Impossible to mislead the elect, for they know the TRUTH and the TRUTH has set them FREE! Free from being decieved! Satan even looked like Peter once...Matthew 16...
Satan get behind me with your LIES....

Last edited:

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
Satan might very well be your pastor, or minister or priest...etc. I know if a person does not preach TRUTH as the Spirit of Truth teaches to all who HEARS from the Bible, then that person is NOT appointed by God. God HIMSELF calls, justifies and glorifies HIS teachers to teach His TRUTH.

How many pastors do you know that God appointed, and God's Spirit witness with him that HE IS APPOINTED by God. I know NONE!
If i look at the requirement to be the lowest rank in church a DEACON, I barely know people that qaulify for that post. And look at the elders/bishops, and then the Pastors, evangelists, pastors and teachers... EPh4. 1 Tim 3.

A deacon shold be the husband of one wife, that just about cancell 80% of men... holding the mystery of the faith on a PURE conscience. That just about cancell ALL men! So how about the teachers. Deacons do not teach! They work the tables and take care of the people... SERVANTS of the LORD.

So Satan comes as an angel of the light, BUT he cannot fool the Truth-students.... The elect.... Impossible to mislead the elect, for they know the TRUTH and the TRUTH has set them FREE! Free from being decieved! Satan even looked like Peter once...Matthew 16...
Satan get behind me with your LIES....
Saddly, I have witneesed this, and saw that church almost destroyed because of it.
The question that I still wonder about is?
If the sheep who saten clothed himself with, ever knew they were being used? :(
I have seen one who did not know, and never had any memory of it, but this person also had not recieved Jesus yet.
Seems satan has no clothing, so he just steals it from any he can.

Thankyou Jesus Christ is Lord come in the flesh! for all your sacrifice and victory over sin and for crushing satan under your foot! :)

God bless
pickles

Feb 17, 2010
My dear sister who is so easy to love, because of you humble spirit. I am not fooled, to preach the lie, and continue to do so, YOU WILL HAVE TO KICK AGAINST THE TRUTHS!

The Holy Spirit will reproof ALL THE WORLD of their sin.... God said so! John 16:8... It is up to the person who the Holy Spirit tells about his sin to decide on one of two ways... REPENT...STOP THE SIN... Or do not repent...Do not stop... The Holy Spirit however will not stop reproving, and the descision NOT to stop will result in SECOND DEATH... HELL!

No body does a sin without knowing about it, and without a chance to STOP it! That is how God works, and that is why HE IS God!

Sep 8, 2012
Lucifer is beautiful.
You should see him.
He is so good looking! Part of it is the aura of power that emits from him.
I mean, If he appeared on a stage, or before a televised audience, the people would swoon. The some would bow or faint from attraction,
and others would stand up in obeisant respect. He has broad features, much, much better looking than any human.
You can't even imagine how beautiful he is.
He has evil eyes though, I mean his eyes make a shark's eyes resemble a new born baby's.
And he shows the signs of degeneration. I mean his appearance, though striking, is worn and grizzled.
He looks like someone who has lived a hard and fast life.
But still, you should see him,....... (or maybe not).

M

MaggieMye

Bottom line...if it doesn't line up with God's word and Character, it's of the other guy.

simple enough!!

IF....and I do say IF, one knows the word of God and it is written upon his/her heart, there is little, if any, difficulty in being able to identify the opposer.

Maggie

Dec 19, 2009
Satan uses great subtlety in persuading us to sin, particularly sins of pride, though other sins as well:

Now the serpent was more subtle than any other wild creature that the LORD God had made. Gen 3:1a RSV