How frequently do you actually go to a doctor?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

PANCAKES

Apr 26, 2009
Last doctor visit was like 5 years ago. I don't like them touching my abdomen because I start laughing too much and the doctors always give me this nasty look when I do that. :rolleyes:

But I go to the dentist every 6 months for a cleaning~ I LOVE my dentist~!~!~! he still thinks i'm 12. LOL

G

ginachr

I usually go at least once a year for check up, or more if I have problems that seem serious. Last year around Christmas I was there at least five times, because I had some sort of throat infection that kept coming back. I usually try to figure out what's wrong with the help of books and the internet :)

Dec 19, 2009
How often do you go see/consult a doctor....when you feel deathly ill? For regular checkups and annual screenings/exams? Every time you sneeze?

I only go when there's something specific I need accomplished, like a stronger eye prescription, or a physical/blood work for insurance....which is about once a year.

The rare occasions where I catch a flu or cold, I'm inclined to just catch up on sleep and consume just fluids.
I go to the doctor when there is something wrong with me that I can't fix myself. My doctor wishes I'd come in more often, like for a physical exam.

Dec 19, 2009
How often do you go see/consult a doctor....when you feel deathly ill? For regular checkups and annual screenings/exams? Every time you sneeze?

I only go when there's something specific I need accomplished, like a stronger eye prescription, or a physical/blood work for insurance....which is about once a year.

The rare occasions where I catch a flu or cold, I'm inclined to just catch up on sleep and consume just fluids.
However, I get my teeth cleaned twice a year at the dentist's office, and have them checked by my dentist yearly.

L

letti

I think most of the time what a waste of time.I trust GOD above any man,that also includes a doctor.I go if I have no other choice.Mainly if I can't remedy it myself,and I have no other alternative.

W

woka

I used to go to the doctor regularly, and was on all sorts of medication. Actually there was a time that I spent 4 months in bed. Then the Lord in His mercy sent me friends, who spoke to me about what I put in. Quite simply put we all get ill, however if we have a good immune system then we get sick less often, and bounce back quicker, what do we need for a good immune system. FOOD. Jesus does refer to Himself as the Bread of Life for a reason, I would think. So makes sense if I put junk into my body I get junk out. If I put in the good stuff, I get the good stuff out.

Works for me.......

D

DragonSlayer

It's been years since I went to the doctor...last I went it was in 2009 because of an inguinoscrotal hernia...he planned me a visit with a surgeon for urgent surgery, but I never went...I looked up all information to get a natural healing without surgery, and in 2011 I got totally healed in a totally unexpected way...this was a few weeks after I decided to practice intermittent fasting ( 2 meals a day instead of 3 ) and I totally stopped using fluoride toothpaste...now I still practice intermittent fasting and I use natural fluoride free toothpaste only...I didn't know it was possible to get healed that way, I just began to use a fluoride free toothpaste by curiosity because I discovered it for the first time in a local store and I was very intrigued by this...I did some research and I was astonished to find out how close fluoride was related to my inguinoscrotal hernia, and I was astonished to find out sodium fluoride was used as a rat poison ! And it was in my toothpaste I used for years for my childhood ! I still remember, as a child, there was children's toothpastes with a very sweet taste and I would eat it some many times...I was innocent and totally unaware it was rat poison !
And it's a systemic and bio-cumulative poison !
I wish someone would have told me at that time that my toothpaste was poisonous !

Listen, do not use fluoride toothpaste, it's very bad for your health, I know that,
the time I get caught with that nasty inguinoscrotal hernia I was brushing my teeth like 3 times a day at least after every meal,
and each time I would use a lot of that damn poisonous fluoride toothpaste !
My muscles were weakened, and when I lifted some weight, I caught it. Never again !

Last edited by a moderator:
M

Married_Richenbrachen

I think going to the doctor is a sickness in itself. If you get cured of that one, you might find you $tart getting cured of lot$ of other ill$.

I try never to go to the doctor, unless I'm already dead. Even then, I'd prefer not to go, but I'm not sure if you get a choice for that last visit. Or unless I need one of their certificates that proves I was really sick, 'cause people don't take my word for it. :D

“Just look at us. Everything is backwards, everything is upside down. Doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, psychiatrists destroy minds, scientists destroy truth, major media destroys information, religions destroy spirituality and governments destroy freedom.” - Michael Ellner, apparently. Italicising mine, so people understand that I don't accept this as referring to true religion, salvation through Jesus Christ.

O

overcomer2

I don't go to doctors. If God can't heal me who can? You know why the Drs. call it a practice don't you. Because they're practicing on you.

Nov 7, 2012
rarely. depends on how bad the injury.
most illness I take care of at home.

Katy-follower

Jun 25, 2011
When God tells me to. That's been once in the last 30 years.
My father had this sudden urge to see a doctor. It was out of character for him, as he was in good health and only goes if terribly ill.

They discovered he had cancer, but they managed to catch it before the symptoms even appeared.

Amazing to see how God was looking out for him in that situation :)

lil_christian

Mar 14, 2010
Last doctor visit was like 5 years ago. I don't like them touching my abdomen because I start laughing too much and the doctors always give me this nasty look when I do that. :rolleyes:
Yeah, the last time I went to the doctor's for a checkup was 11. Though, when I was 12, almost 13, I got a secondary infection from swine flu (sinus infection) I was taken into the doctor. But that was the last time I went. I don't plan on going back any time soon. But I might be forced to if I go to college...

I never liked doctors or needles, and doing natural medicine has done wonders for me (needle-free, too!). I see no reason why I should go back.

I do go to the dentist regularly, though. I don't like the dentist at all.

Mar 3, 2013
I don't go to doctors. If God can't heal me who can? You know why the Drs. call it a practice don't you. Because they're practicing on you.
Yeah! And some of them shouldn't be even "practicing"!!!! My husband went to a doctor who prescribed a sleeping pill and an antidepressant, which he told her he didn't need. He said he just needed something to help him sleep but she insisted that since he is a veteran of Viet Nam, he also has PTSD. So, she prescribed these meds, he took them exactly as directed, and as he was driving to work he wondered why all of the oncoming cars were honking at him. He shook his head and gathered his wits enough to see he was driving in the lane of the oncoming traffic. He called the doctor and asked her if those two meds should be taken together and she insisted it was ok. The pills all went down the toilet - he wasn't taking any more chances. Two weeks later the actor Heath Ledger died from the exact same combination of prescription medication. Now his words are, "Doctors will kill ya." I went to the doctor when I was pregnant with our children and once about 10 years ago to see if the pain I was having was carpal tunnel, which it was. We would go if we had a broken bone...maybe. We do all right for people in our 60s.