How I became a Christian.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

Seeking-Christ

Just copy a person's profile name, and paste it in the comment box. (This Box)

brighthouse98

Apr 16, 2015
Brother Seeking Christ, The question I had to answer was just how important is Christ in your life? Meaning how much time is one willing to make for our Jesus? TIME!!!! The secret lies here brother.( 1 Thess 5:18!!!) There no longer has to be any fear at all of one's salvation! If we are born again, then our words and actions will change, but this also takes TIME! ( Philippians 1:6-11) and my good brother I am so THANKFUL that Jesus chooses to always look at us through his light in scripture!!! ( Phil 4:7-9!!!)

Takes heart, and fear not! ( 2 Tim 1:7) Jesus knows our hearts!!! What he wants is for us to renew our minds towards him. ( Rom 12:1-2, Eph 4:22-24, Col 3:10) Eph 4 and 5 is a fine study as well brother! HOPE is having assurance, and assurance lies with God's Word daily!!( Rom 8:1!!) Do not beat yourself up, it really hurts!! I know, until Holy Spirit helped me understand our Jesus much better I was battered and bruised! LOL Find a good Church as well, we all need support, and hang with people who are like minded like yourself!! Words matter greatly! And finally!!!! No matter what happens, and no matter how you feel, NEVER GIVE UP the fight!! Blessing to you!

O

Oblio

Hey, Seeking-Christ! I just read your OP. You seem to be about where I was when I was your age. When I was around your age, I went to a 5-day retreat which helped me a lot. I'm not saying that you should go...it's just what I did. I believe that you are His...but that's just my opinion. We all have to work out our own salvation. Though we don't work for it...we already have it as a gift from our Lord. Be blessed!

O

Oblio

Free Salvation...some assembly required! :)

O

Oblio

This song helped me understand a bit more.

O

Oblio

"Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God." - Hebrews 12:2

karen0123

Dec 14, 2011
I think I already covered this in my very first post. But I thought maybe I included a lot of extra stuff, and I thought maybe I could come up with a more condensed version. But my testimony isn't a simple "one day I gave my life to Jesus and now I feel complete." I still have doubts about my salvation. I don't think I came to the lord with the right mindset. I'm not even sure that I have the right mindset now. A lot of years have gone by. I originally got 'born again' in 1986. I was only 6 years old.

Only being 6 years old, meant that I had a very limited life experiences. 6 year olds no nothing, or at least they shouldn't know anything, about attraction, lust, and sex. I knew nothing about these feelings. Often wonder, if I did know something about these feelings, would I have still "signed up" with Jesus? Or maybe I wouldn't be as hard on myself. I can only imagine.

I was only able to understand that Jesus loves me, If I want to go to heaven and not hell, I need to pray and say "I understand I'm a sinner, and please forgive me of my sins, I believe you died on the cross for me, please come into my heart amen." I'm sure that I was serious about my prayer because I'm still a believer today at the age of 42! But I think my logical mindset of "I realize life is going to me harder for a Christian but in the end He goes to heaven, and not hell." Has caused a bit of an issue. All these years I've been trying to figure out how to love Jesus back. How do you properly love your ticket out of hell. C.S. Lewis wrote a book called the 4 loves. The problem is, there is more then one kind of love. Jesus is not a mere object.

This started happening to me, more intensely, after puberty. I was aware of "lust" and how the bible puts it in the same category as adultery and then says that those people will not inherit the kingdom of heaven. I was like "oh my" did i just loose my salvation? So I started going to bed at night and praying that God would save me again. I started doing that over and over again, until i reached the age of 19.

At the age of 19, I was talking with my youth pastor, and He lead me in the salvation prayer again. It was that summer that I got water baptized. I told everyone that when you commit your life to the lord, you got to go all the way.

These days I'm still trying to figure things out. But I'm still a believer, and a bit scared of hell. I feel like there isn't much I can do. Either God keeps his promise that He saved me or not. I don't think I will never be "perfect" on this side of heaven. I guess that is what is meant by putting your faith in Christ.

DO NOT SIN and you will move closer to God and he will move closer to you, and do exactly what the holy Bible tells you to do AND how to live your life.

karen0123

Dec 14, 2011
DO NOT SIN and you will move closer to God and he will move closer to you, and do exactly what the holy Bible tells you to do AND how to live your life.
And then you will have a relationship with God.

P

pablocito

I think I already covered this in my very first post. But I thought maybe I included a lot of extra stuff, and I thought maybe I could come up with a more condensed version. But my testimony isn't a simple "one day I gave my life to Jesus and now I feel complete." I still have doubts about my salvation. I don't think I came to the lord with the right mindset. I'm not even sure that I have the right mindset now. A lot of years have gone by. I originally got 'born again' in 1986. I was only 6 years old.

Only being 6 years old, meant that I had a very limited life experiences. 6 year olds no nothing, or at least they shouldn't know anything, about attraction, lust, and sex. I knew nothing about these feelings. Often wonder, if I did know something about these feelings, would I have still "signed up" with Jesus? Or maybe I wouldn't be as hard on myself. I can only imagine.

I was only able to understand that Jesus loves me, If I want to go to heaven and not hell, I need to pray and say "I understand I'm a sinner, and please forgive me of my sins, I believe you died on the cross for me, please come into my heart amen." I'm sure that I was serious about my prayer because I'm still a believer today at the age of 42! But I think my logical mindset of "I realize life is going to me harder for a Christian but in the end He goes to heaven, and not hell." Has caused a bit of an issue. All these years I've been trying to figure out how to love Jesus back. How do you properly love your ticket out of hell. C.S. Lewis wrote a book called the 4 loves. The problem is, there is more then one kind of love. Jesus is not a mere object.

This started happening to me, more intensely, after puberty. I was aware of "lust" and how the bible puts it in the same category as adultery and then says that those people will not inherit the kingdom of heaven. I was like "oh my" did i just loose my salvation? So I started going to bed at night and praying that God would save me again. I started doing that over and over again, until i reached the age of 19.

At the age of 19, I was talking with my youth pastor, and He lead me in the salvation prayer again. It was that summer that I got water baptized. I told everyone that when you commit your life to the lord, you got to go all the way.

These days I'm still trying to figure things out. But I'm still a believer, and a bit scared of hell. I feel like there isn't much I can do. Either God keeps his promise that He saved me or not. I don't think I will never be "perfect" on this side of heaven. I guess that is what is meant by putting your faith in Christ.

At 6 years old in this end-times world, most are indoctrinated or brainwashed into their parents or guardians belief system.

You are further brainwashed by the leaders of church or community organizations into accepting their stated way to God or heaven.
I will not go around the bush or in circles, but it appears that you are not saved and know very little about the bible except for what you have been told.

My only suggestion to you is to start from scratch and ask yourself why do you want to become saved. Maybe you will say you want to go to heaven and thus avoid hell.

Well that is not the correct answer.

The first thing that you want to do is to know the truth. The truth will set you free.

Knowing the truth involves knowing what and who you are, and where you came from. Thus the first step is to search and search and search again. The God of the bible states that if you will search for him with all your heart mind and soul, you will find him.

How will you find him.? He will reveal himself to you, not through your pastor or your friend or through your family but through his word. And also confirming himself through his Spirit teaching you.
For some people it may take a lifetime, as many people play God half and half and that does not work.

You will reap what you sow. So if you do not intend to be sincere towards God, you will be wasting your time and maybe the Devil would be a better prospect for you.

S

Seeking-Christ

At 6 years old in this end-times world, most are indoctrinated or brainwashed into their parents or guardians belief system.

You are further brainwashed by the leaders of church or community organizations into accepting their stated way to God or heaven.
I will not go around the bush or in circles, but it appears that you are not saved and know very little about the bible except for what you have been told.

My only suggestion to you is to start from scratch and ask yourself why do you want to become saved. Maybe you will say you want to go to heaven and thus avoid hell.

Well that is not the correct answer.

The first thing that you want to do is to know the truth. The truth will set you free.

Knowing the truth involves knowing what and who you are, and where you came from. Thus the first step is to search and search and search again. The God of the bible states that if you will search for him with all your heart mind and soul, you will find him.

How will you find him.? He will reveal himself to you, not through your pastor or your friend or through your family but through his word. And also confirming himself through his Spirit teaching you.
For some people it may take a lifetime, as many people play God half and half and that does not work.

You will reap what you sow. So if you do not intend to be sincere towards God, you will be wasting your time and maybe the Devil would be a better prospect for you.
Who are you to judge me? I don't know you. You sound like a person who thinks he's one of the elite. I think those people are in more danger of hell, then those who try to be humble and say, "I can't judge, I don't know it all, but He does". How can you tell from this one post how much Bible I actually know? Did you know that I listen to an audio bible daily, and have done so for years! How can a person like that not know something about scripture? I suggest that you don't comment again, until you learn how to properly outreach to hurting people.

P

pablocito

Who are you to judge me? I don't know you. You sound like a person who thinks he's one of the elite. I think those people are in more danger of hell, then those who try to be humble and say, "I can't judge, I don't know it all, but He does". How can you tell from this one post how much Bible I actually know? Did you know that I listen to an audio bible daily, and have done so for years! How can a person like that not know something about scripture? I suggest that you don't comment again, until you learn how to properly outreach to hurting people.
This is my final post to you. I do not recommend using audio tapes to listen to the Word of God. Most times those who do so are either jogging or doing something else at the same time, and this is a great disrespect to God. (There might be exceptions, very few, when you do know the word of God, backwards and forwards and in a time of crisis, the audio may help)

As children of God we (who are in the world) cannot judge the world because only God has jurisdiction over them.

But we are expected to judge those who call themselves our brothers and sisters. In fact in judging them, we are told by Jesus, to consider them as a heathen and not to have anything to do with them if they refuse to accept correction.

I do not debate the bible as to each man his own. I cannot put anything from my head into your head. But I will attempt to help my brother if he seems to be faltering and 1st John says that we will recognize those who are God's children by their response to us.

I did not give you any verse references as the appropriate verses can easily be found especially if you have a bible search app or even if you have a concordance.

Again I do not reach out to the unsaved who have rejected God as that is not the will of God. But those who are searching for him, if I can discern their sincerity (sometimes I am wrong), I will sometimes reach out to.

S

Seeking-Christ

This is my final post to you. I do not recommend using audio tapes to listen to the Word of God. Most times those who do so are either jogging or doing something else at the same time, and this is a great disrespect to God. (There might be exceptions, very few, when you do know the word of God, backwards and forwards and in a time of crisis, the audio may help)

As children of God we (who are in the world) cannot judge the world because only God has jurisdiction over them.

But we are expected to judge those who call themselves our brothers and sisters. In fact in judging them, we are told by Jesus, to consider them as a heathen and not to have anything to do with them if they refuse to accept correction.

I do not debate the bible as to each man his own. I cannot put anything from my head into your head. But I will attempt to help my brother if he seems to be faltering and 1st John says that we will recognize those who are God's children by their response to us.

I did not give you any verse references as the appropriate verses can easily be found especially if you have a bible search app or even if you have a concordance.

Again I do not reach out to the unsaved who have rejected God as that is not the will of God. But those who are searching for him, if I can discern their sincerity (sometimes I am wrong), I will sometimes reach out to.
I'm glad this is your last post to me. :)