HOW important is it to know the Truth of seeking earthly riches! U chasing THAT kind?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
G

GreenNnice

Are you?

Just what does God say , through apostle Paul, about guys, ladies, that chase after wealth?
Does getting some rich hunk to like you the desire of your heart, miladies? I mean, are you after a guy who is poor now but, obviously, making a lot of cash in the near future, you can see. Is this the kind of guy you be after, miladies???

How do you answer that question?

Be honest now , some One is watching you ;)

Hint: The word 'ruin' is part of the answer , this IS what happens to a guy chasing after wealth MORE than God :(

____
And, notmydudes, sorry, you can't be mydudes :D , But, yes, you, too, Christ bros, like my sis' , are asked: Are you , we, are we seeking after a girl with little change that you KNOW is God's choice for you, or, are you going after the girl who is following God but has money and follows it's direction, almost in equal weight with her being after God.
======
Loss of your faith in Jesus is the result of loving money, the root of all evil. But, here's scripture, too, for you, my Christ peeps, 1 Timothy 6: 9-11:

'But those who desire to be rich fall into temptation and a snare and into many foolish and harmful lusts which drown men in destruction and perdition.'

And, I will add that some versions do have the word, 'ruin.'

And, YES!, you CAN leave your faith because of your servanthood to richly wealth....

'For the love of money is the root of all kinds of people for which some have straight from the face in there greediness, and pierced themselves through with manny sorrows.'

So let's end with a happy verse, k :)

' But you, O man of God, flee these things and pursue rightousness, godliness, faith, love, patience, gentleness. Fight the good fight of faith lay hold on eternal life, to which you were also called and have confessed the good confession in the presence of many witnesses.'

Last edited by a moderator:
May 4, 2009
Are you?

Just what does God say , through apostle Paul, about guys, ladies, that chase after wealth?
Does getting some rich hunk to like you the desire of your heart, miladies? I mean, are you after a guy who is poor now but, obviously, making a lot of cash in the near future, you can see. Is this the kind of guy you be after, miladies???

How do you answer that question?

Be honest now , some One is watching you ;)

Hint: The word 'ruin' is part of the answer , this IS what happens to a guy chasing after wealth MORE than God :(

____
And, notmydudes, sorry, you can't be mydudes :D , But, yes, you, too, Christ bros, like my sis' , are asked: Are you , we, are we seeking after a girl with little change that you KNOW is God's choice for you, or, are you going after the girl who is following God but has money and follows it's direction, almost in equal weight with her being after God.
======
Loss of your faith in Jesus is the result of loving money, the root of all evil. But, here's scripture, too, for you, my Christ peeps, 1 Timothy 6: 9-11:

'But those who desire to be rich fall into temptation and a snare and into many foolish and harmful lusts which drown men in destruction and perdition.'

And, I will add that some versions do have the word, 'ruin.'

And, YES!, you CAN leave your faith because of your servanthood to richly wealth....

'For the love of money is the root of all kinds of people for which some have straight from the face in there greediness, and pierced themselves through with manny sorrows.'

So let's end with a happy verse, k :)

' But you, O man of God, flee these things and pursue rightousness, godliness, faith, love, patience, gentleness. Fight the good fight of faith lay hold on eternal life, to which you were also called and have confessed the good confession in the presence of many witnesses.'

If the girl I evetually marry is rich, that would be a nice bonus. But the man is supposed to be provider, or at the very least help providing for the family.

G

GreenNnice

If the girl I evetually marry is rich, that would be a nice bonus. But the man is supposed to be provider, or at the very least help providing for the family.
Just follow God, dothackzero, your heart with Him leading will have the perfect girl emerge into your sight. Keep working on you (I say that for all of us) and The Lord will bring them , and, in His timing, one will be yours to share the rest of your life with, my dot dude cool prinny disgaea penguin buddy :)

You keep accountable to God, delighting in singinging hymns, praising Him, worshipping Him, in spirit and in truth, and, showing Him you are ready for a one and God will make you 'a provider.' It will be His delight :)

Psalms 37:4

=========()=============
In OP, The verses are with word typos, I just encourage you to soak in all of 6, it is a great chapter of God taking care ALL our fare :)

'For the love of money is the root of all kinds of evil , for which some have strayed from the FAITH in their greediness and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.'

Last edited by a moderator:
J

Jullianna

I've dated at least one millionaire that I'm aware of and a guy who slept on a futon in his sister's apartment while attending graduate school/working a part-time job. Can't imagine dating someone according to what he has/doesn't have. Life is full of lean times and times of plenty, and should never be the basis of happiness or romantic interest.

Having said that, good financial stewardship, to ME, is a sign of christian maturity, so I can't say I would find it attractive if a guy was into being wasteful, a gambler, or habitually borrowed far more than he could ever pay back either. I would be concerned that such a guy might be after MY paycheck too. :) Can't say that I'd find being a pennypinching miser an attractive trait either though. :)

G

GreenNnice

I've dated at least one millionaire that I'm aware of and a guy who slept on a futon in his sister's apartment while attending graduate school/working a part-time job. Can't imagine dating someone according to what he has/doesn't have. Life is full of lean times and times of plenty, and should never be the basis of happiness or romantic interest.

Having said that, good financial stewardship, to ME, is a sign of christian maturity, so I can't say I would find it attractive if a guy was into being wasteful, a gambler, or habitually borrowed far more than he could ever pay back either. I would be concerned that such a guy might be after MY paycheck too. :) Can't say that I'd find being a pennypinching miser an attractive trait either though. :)
There is no need to put any stock in money love, God is CLEAR, it is the root of all evil.

Oh, but I want alll the shoes of summer, spring, winter, fall.....

Ah, you do, but 'the boot' will come with it, too, and, has come for so many, with thinking of these deadly lines, julieannie.

That's good, you marry for Love and not money. How does the guy you are seeing express himself to Him. 'That' is what should be 'the root' of what kind of man you seek after, milady :)

The Lord leads, it's a narrow way fraught with millions of heirs , who want you for all the wrong reasons. But, if you wait on Him, and, go after His 'riches' and not your own riches, for this discipline of His 'perfect' for you will show you, there, and, also then, a consummation of His Love for you, regarding your heart's desires, which followed for Him. :) And, thus, at the right appointed time, the right way from Him will become clearly seen and understood, and, if followed you will see His finished work right before you. :)

P

Parker

thank you green, this really helped me out today!

G

GreenNnice

thank you green, this really helped me out today!
God helps us all, especially in our times of need (psalm 46:1) when we cry ou to Him, even when we just ask of Him , park, God bless you, in all you do, for His glory and your blessing, including your charity to further the cause of Christ :)