How is your famine and thirst for the Creator? (Part 1)
• Amos 8:11-13 -> “Behold, the days come, says the Lord Jehovah, that I will send a famine in the land; not a famine of bread nor a thirst for water, but of hearing the Words of Jehovah. And they shall wander from sea to sea, and from the north even to the east; they shall run to and fro to seek the Word of Jehovah, and shall not find it. In that day the beautiful virgins and the young men shall faint for thirst.”.
We are living these days. Many people travel from one place to another in order to participate of an event that is being ministered for a famous preacher. In particular, in these days, we need very much to hear the word of the Creator, most than ever. There are many injustices, pests, misery, diseases, turpitudes, etc. There are moments that we feel like Habakkuk:
• Hab 1:2-4 -> “O Jehovah, until when shall I cry and You will not hear? I cry out to You of violence, and You do not save! Why do You show me evil, and You look on toil? For destruction and violence are before me; and there is strife, and contention rises up. Therefore the law has become helpless, and justice does not always go forth. For the wicked entraps the righteous; therefore justice goes forth, being perverted.”.
Or as Micah:
• Mic 7:1-6 -> “Woe is me! For I am like the gatherings of summer fruits, like the grape-gleanings of the vintage. There is no cluster to eat; my soul desires the first-ripe fruit. The pious has perished from the earth, and there is none upright among men. For they all lie in wait for blood; each one hunts his brother with a net. Both hands are on evil, to do it well. The ruler asks for a bribe, and the judge also; and the great man speaks the evil desire of his soul. So they weave it together. The best of them is like a briar; the most upright is sharper than a hedge of thorns. The day of your watchmen and your punishment comes; now their shame shall come. Put no trust in a friend; put no hope in a guide; keep the door of your mouth from her who lies in your bosom. For the son dishonors the father; the daughter rises up against her mother, the daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law. A man's enemies are the men of his own household.”.
Or Asaph:
• Psa 73:9,11-14,16 -> “ They set their mouth against the heavens, and their tongue walks through the earth. And they say, How does God know? And is there knowledge in the Most High? Behold, these are the ungodly, who are at ease in the world; they increase in riches. Surely I have made my heart pure in vain, and washed my hands in innocence. For all the day long I have been plagued, and chastened every morning. When I thought deeply in order to understand this, it was painful for me,”.
Nonetheless, we need to do exactly what did Habakkuk, Micah and Asaph:
• Hab 3:17-19 -> “Though the fig tree shall not blossom, and fruit is not on the vines; the labor of the olive fails, and the fields yield no food. The flock is cut off from the fold, and no herd is in the stalls; yet I will rejoice in Jehovah, I will joy in the God of my salvation. Jehovah the Lord is my strength, and He will make my feet like hinds' feet, and He will make me to walk on my high places. To the chief singer on my stringed instruments.”.
• Mic 7:7 -> “Therefore I will look to Jehovah; I will wait for the God of my salvation. My God will hear me!”.
• Psa 73:17 -> “until I went into the sanctuary of God; then I understood their end.”.
So, if you think that you have labored in vain or spent you strength for nothing in virtue of serving Jesus, have a good day keeping your mind in the thought that your judgment is with Jehovah, and your work with your God (Isaiah 49:4). And may your soul pant after Jesus as the hart pants after the water brooks (Ps 42:1).
• Amos 8:11-13 -> “Behold, the days come, says the Lord Jehovah, that I will send a famine in the land; not a famine of bread nor a thirst for water, but of hearing the Words of Jehovah. And they shall wander from sea to sea, and from the north even to the east; they shall run to and fro to seek the Word of Jehovah, and shall not find it. In that day the beautiful virgins and the young men shall faint for thirst.”.
We are living these days. Many people travel from one place to another in order to participate of an event that is being ministered for a famous preacher. In particular, in these days, we need very much to hear the word of the Creator, most than ever. There are many injustices, pests, misery, diseases, turpitudes, etc. There are moments that we feel like Habakkuk:
• Hab 1:2-4 -> “O Jehovah, until when shall I cry and You will not hear? I cry out to You of violence, and You do not save! Why do You show me evil, and You look on toil? For destruction and violence are before me; and there is strife, and contention rises up. Therefore the law has become helpless, and justice does not always go forth. For the wicked entraps the righteous; therefore justice goes forth, being perverted.”.
Or as Micah:
• Mic 7:1-6 -> “Woe is me! For I am like the gatherings of summer fruits, like the grape-gleanings of the vintage. There is no cluster to eat; my soul desires the first-ripe fruit. The pious has perished from the earth, and there is none upright among men. For they all lie in wait for blood; each one hunts his brother with a net. Both hands are on evil, to do it well. The ruler asks for a bribe, and the judge also; and the great man speaks the evil desire of his soul. So they weave it together. The best of them is like a briar; the most upright is sharper than a hedge of thorns. The day of your watchmen and your punishment comes; now their shame shall come. Put no trust in a friend; put no hope in a guide; keep the door of your mouth from her who lies in your bosom. For the son dishonors the father; the daughter rises up against her mother, the daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law. A man's enemies are the men of his own household.”.
Or Asaph:
• Psa 73:9,11-14,16 -> “ They set their mouth against the heavens, and their tongue walks through the earth. And they say, How does God know? And is there knowledge in the Most High? Behold, these are the ungodly, who are at ease in the world; they increase in riches. Surely I have made my heart pure in vain, and washed my hands in innocence. For all the day long I have been plagued, and chastened every morning. When I thought deeply in order to understand this, it was painful for me,”.
Nonetheless, we need to do exactly what did Habakkuk, Micah and Asaph:
• Hab 3:17-19 -> “Though the fig tree shall not blossom, and fruit is not on the vines; the labor of the olive fails, and the fields yield no food. The flock is cut off from the fold, and no herd is in the stalls; yet I will rejoice in Jehovah, I will joy in the God of my salvation. Jehovah the Lord is my strength, and He will make my feet like hinds' feet, and He will make me to walk on my high places. To the chief singer on my stringed instruments.”.
• Mic 7:7 -> “Therefore I will look to Jehovah; I will wait for the God of my salvation. My God will hear me!”.
• Psa 73:17 -> “until I went into the sanctuary of God; then I understood their end.”.
So, if you think that you have labored in vain or spent you strength for nothing in virtue of serving Jesus, have a good day keeping your mind in the thought that your judgment is with Jehovah, and your work with your God (Isaiah 49:4). And may your soul pant after Jesus as the hart pants after the water brooks (Ps 42:1).