How many sins were forgiven by Son on that cross to his Father

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Evmur

Feb 28, 2021
London
christianchat.com
Some years ago, a Jewish man asked me this question:

"God forgave you for the sins you committed up to the moment of your
conversion. What about the sins you are committing now?"

His was a reasonable question coming from someone familiar with Yom
Kippur where as soon as the ritual ends, Jews begin accumulating sins
towards the next Yom Kippur. In other words; God begins compiling an
indictment against them all over again.

Not so for folks unified with Christ. The moment of their conversion was the
moment that God stopped keeping criminal records of their wrongs. In other
words; no more do their sins go into the books spoken of at Rev 20:11-15,
i.e. their pages will be blank just as though they've never been anything but
100% innocent their entire lives.

2Cor 5:19 . . God was reconciling the world to himself in Christ, not
counting men's sins against them. (cf. Jer 30:33 & Heb 10:1-18)
_
yuss

Yom Kippur is the imperfect sacrifice, Christ is the perfect sacrifice.

Oct 24, 2012
pfft ...I am sure Heb what chapter 10 and Chapter 6 will some how make it into this thread. Short is.. that verse willfully sinning is based on that person rejecting what Christ already did.
You got that from God, thank you, I see this too

Oct 24, 2012
Yeah you have to look at all of that. Its not just some letter written to the Church 2024. Heb 10:1.. talking about what? Yeah those Jewish believers would go back to offer a sacrifice for that sin they just did.. there is no more sacrifice for that sin. Right there.. what sin did He miss? See Christ is the final sacrifice.
Amen a million times over and over, seeing this now after over 20 years under Law first, yet still saved and sealed by God all in all Amazing grace it is as stated in Eph 1:13, 6,7

Oct 24, 2012
So I am right now as its written a citizen of Heaven. I am right now seated in heavenly places. For me .. lol every day I keep getting closer to Him and there are times I am remined of something I did, said, thought.. no condemnation no guilt.. not even asking me to repent (has to be my free choice) yet something within me always wants to say.. Father forgive me for that. He already did that's what some get hung up on. Its something the enemy will use between me and my Father if we do not repent. I have children and I love them this will not ever change no matter what they do. Now they can goof up miss it and even hurt me and then will say sorry. Not saying sorry can and will effect our relationship but does not cannot touch them being mine.
Yes, this is the truth from God in The Holy Spirit given you. Thank you, even as Jesus said to Peter only Father could have revealed to you that Jesus the Son is the Messiah, the way, the truth and the new life for you in God's Spirit and truth given you, in the risen Son after his one time willing death took away all sin in his death for all. it is done (John 19:300 the Holy Spirit leading you daily, and we each seeing whenever we get caught up in the tOld man the tis now dead to us. As that Old Flesh nature does not give up too trying to get back inside us does it?
Not me at least, thanks for the post reply

Oct 24, 2012
We are righteous because of Christ Jesus "This righteousness of God comes through faith in Jesus Christ for all those [Jew or Gentile] who believe [and trust in Him and acknowledge Him as God’s Son]. There is no distinction,"

We are a citizen of heaven "But [we are different, because] our citizenship is in heaven. And from there we eagerly await [the coming of] the Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ; "
I have no Righteousness of my own ever, None !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yet wait a sec., I do have Righteousness, (it is not mine at all) Oh, yes it is God's in Son for me and all the world, wow!!!!!!!!!!
'God imputs Righteousness
Learning this truth more and more day upon day, not given g up on God even in and going through adversities too. Telling god thank you for whatever is going on in me at the present second as time continues forward, me not denying God as I see you will not either Brother/Sister, we are Won in the risen Son where this new born new life starts as in Eph 1:13 tells me, to stand in trust as well as Phil. 1:6 amazing and /Col 1:1-23

Oct 24, 2012
They are all forgiven through the cross. The lost remain outside of the kingdom of God only because they refuse to trust and willingly serve the King.
Cameron143 said:
What happens to unconfessed sins? Do they remain unforgiven throughout eternity?

Yes, By God through Son's done work of that cross it is done (John 19:30)

Whether one believes God or not, it is Done John 19:30, the Law and the Prophets fulfilled (Matt 5:18) not destroyed fulfilled.

God waiting patiently for us the people to believe God personally, in this done work of Son for them personally.

All the nasty nines and dirty dozen then seen taken care of by Son and the witnesses then over 500 witnesses saw him as risen. We all by God are reconciled to God Father through Son. So anyone in unbelief to God can now enter the throne of grace with confidence and ask for the new life offered in his risen Son for them to be new as born again, in God's Spirit and Truth for them. The deal is, now anyone (Thanks to Son) can now enter the throne of Grace who took all sin away at the death (John 1:29), his willing death that is for us the people to get new life given us, from Daddy Father of the risen Son, to simply love all as God does love us all to see to not harm others anymore or condemn anyone else either, whether they do wrong still or not. /?What?

Romans 2:1-4

Authorized (King James) Version

2 Therefore thou art inexcusable, O man, whosoever thou art that judgest: for wherein thou judgest another, thou condemnest thyself; for thou that judgest doest the same things. 2 But we are sure that the judgment of God is according to truth against them which commit such things. 3 And thinkest thou this, O man, that judgest them which do such things, and doest the same, that thou shalt escape the judgment of God? 4 Or despisest thou the riches of his goodness and forbearance and longsuffering; not knowing that the goodness of God leadeth thee to repentance?

2 Corinthians 5:17-20

17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new. 18 And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation; 19 to wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation. 20 Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ’s stead, be ye reconciled to God.

Therefore, Paul seeing this that wrote the above verses, saw and wrote this too

Philippians 3:11-15

11 if by any means I might attain unto the resurrection of the dead. 12 Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus. 13 Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do,forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, 14 I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus. 15 Let us therefore, as many as be perfect, be thus minded: and if in any thing ye be otherwise minded, God shall reveal even this unto you.

Okay, you just did it again, you don't want to, but you did, and now hate it and therefore try to stop it, and then after trying to stop it for so long, you gave up and now do not confess it

All sin as soon as it is past, before anyone can even blink an eye is forgiven by God for them everyone as soon as it is past!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

God continues in God's mercy. We the people do not of the flesh and blood natures that are not perfect ever. That is why Jesus told Nicodemus we ar ego be born again in John 3. People see the physical and try to interpret it physically, ye tit is Spiritual and not understandable to Flesh.

Amazing grace given that no flesh person can fathom, the tis why we got this going on here today, no one can say "It is Finished"
As Jesus said this in John 19:30 for us to believe it and then receive the new life offered from Father too us to walk new in and see it is not us doing it. =Rather God through us loving all inmmercty and truth as given us.
'
So, yes from God's vantage point all sin now taken away though Son for us to reverently Fear God not worldly fear God

Psalm 103:10-14

New International Version

10 he does not treat us as our sins deserve
or repay us according to our iniquities.
11 For as high as the heavens are above the earth,
so great is his love for those who fear him;
12 as far as the east is from the west,
so far has he removed our transgressions from us.

13 As a father has compassion on his children,
so the Lord has compassion on those who fear him;
14 for he knows how we are formed,
he remembers that we are dust.

Therefore as soon as anyone sins again as all have after belief to Son is risen for them to walk new in, God remains faithful to have forgiven us regardless, knowing we will willingly change once we see how ridiculous it is to continue in sin. Not under having to, now under seeing why not to continue in sin and then choose to agree with God and leave it behind us, walking new in love and mercy to all as God does.

Therefore if you are in sin, which most are behind the scenes, not revealing it to anyone, hiding it even from themselves doing it over and over again.
begin, confess to God personally, as new today and tell God from within you personally, you are not doing as you know from your heart you should and are not as in Romans 7 reveals to us the people to change from being under Law to upholding Law (Romans 3:31)

Hear is what I heard in confession to God personally from me to God, I just did it again God.
I heard, what did you do? Just as God said to the first Adam where are you? God knows and loves us all, amazing
I said you know, that lust I just got in me after that woman again.
God replied, I see no sin anymore since my Son took it all away at that cross for me to now deal with you as new, and have a conversation with you to see it is not good for you to lust. Once you see it as not good, then you will quit willingly with me as your Lord

Ready, Yes and this new journey has been a wonderful ride. I am not driving anymore, God is, I used to drive. I could still drive, I just chose, choose not to anymore. What a new life given, I now see and am happy in it, no matter what happens next, contentment has now got a hold on me and you that believe also willl see it, be in it also if not yet, as long as one does believe God between themselves and God. (Col 1:21-23)
All sin taken away as far as the east is from the west. see it, believe it and get the new heart offered in Ezekiel 36:26
you will then stop sin, because you will not be trying to stop it any longer since God by Son took it all away for you by Son for, to you.

Now, too busy in praise and worship to sin again, having one's conscious purged from sin again, staying in the present, not any future stuff of that What if's. Thanks trusting God to reveal what was needed for you to see and be content presently forever standing in the present not the past or the future thanks

Oct 24, 2012
So God accepted Jesus payment for the sins of some and still requires them to make payment. You consider this just behavior?
God, took all sin away in Son for us on that cross first as reconciled for all to be forgiven first and continue to be new and learn new. ( 2Cor 5:17-20) learning how to say no to unrighteousness, and leave it behind you in the new life in God's Spirit and Truth given you freely, thanks'
For each to learn and to work out their own salvation, between God and them personally first. Taking care of their own board in their own eye first over the beam(s) one sees in others

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
God, took all sin away in Son for us on that cross first as reconciled for all to be forgiven first and continue to be new and learn new. ( 2Cor 5:17-20) learning how to say no to unrighteousness, and leave it behind you in the new life in God's Spirit and Truth given you freely, thanks'
For each to learn and to work out their own salvation, between God and them personally first. Taking care of their own board in their own eye first over the beam(s) one sees in others
How does this answer the question?

Mem

Sep 23, 2014
"OBTUSE"
Look it up, then judge yourself wherein you fall in the line.

Any argument for argument's sake proves fruitless to the proponent of and the receiver thereof, only comes across as OBTUSE !
Of course, there isn't much that can be done for the willfully obtuse.

Oct 29, 2023
So God accepted Jesus payment for the sins of some and still requires them to make payment. You consider this just behavior?
Did you not read my previous post? All sins are forgiven at Calvary. God accepts Jesus' payment for the sins of all, the world. The reprobate are not in hell making payment for their sins. They are in hell because they are refusing to trust and willingly serve God's chosen an appointed King of God's kingdom. I consider that to be credibly gracious and just.

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
Did you not read my previous post? All sins are forgiven at Calvary. God accepts Jesus' payment for the sins of all, the world. The reprobate are not in hell making payment for their sins. They are in hell because they are refusing to trust and willingly serve God's chosen an appointed King of God's kingdom. I consider that to be credibly gracious and just.
Aren't refusing to trust and obey God sins that have been paid for?

Oct 24, 2012
How does this answer the question?
Cameron143 said:
What happens to unconfessed sins? Do they remain unforgiven throughout eternity?

I do not expect you to understand what I am saying, hoping you do, thank you

From God by Son at that cross, there is no sin to be confessed. (John 1:29) Yet, God does appreciate for anyone to confess, admit it. God was walking in the Garden and looking for Adam the first with Eve. Where are you? As if God did not know. God waits for our telling God our sin to God as David confessed this to God after being convicted of his sin, through Nathan
Confession is personal admission to God,
There is also confession between people who have harmed people, yet not as it is done today is done. It is truth to me anyways, to be real and true, not a fake on the steak

Jeremiah 3:25
Let us lie down in our shame, and let our disgrace cover us. We have sinned against the Lord our God, both we and our ancestors; from our youth till this day we have not obeyed the Lord our God.”
I am lying down. I am not ever good enough, ever, whether I confess it or not.
God knows all, sees all and straightens out all who turn to God in belief to God loves them so deep, one changes willingly

Religion has added, go to them, get forgiven, confess your sin(s) then these flesh others, not in with God (pretending to be as if are), use those sins against those people to get whatever it is they want, usually control over you, to do their bidding. The cross of Son is for us the people all of us not just the first chosen it is done for us all, by God Father of Jesus, wow!!!!!!!! what is there to confess? A feel good attitude as if one is better than others as in Luke 18:9-14 tells us all about that.
My relationship is between God and me who causes and did the reconciliation of taking all sin. away at that cross of Son Jesus my mediator and the entire world's also.

King David lied down in his shame and said not only had he sinned against those people, Bathsheba and her Husband, more importantly against God

Then God later on Called David " Am man after his own heart" Merciful, loving kind and only wants what is best for us each, all the people not a few

Jeremiah 29:11

New International Version

11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

From day one of the fall, God has wanted Jeremiah 29:11 and now all the time. The people, me I speak of especially has the tendency to not listen and do as I know God knows what is best for me to do. So, I Love the same as Jesus revealed to us all in his earth walk of flesh first. Totally dependent on God Jesus's Father, and seriously loved us all and harmed no one, not even those that went against him.

However, confession is not necessary to each other, yet it is good to tell others though.Therefore, stop doing what you have been doing in that Church, confessing in Church you did wrong, and then feel satisfied, when you have not gone to that person personally and told them you did that sin that was against them, that they knew not was you.
Have you done that yet? I got called on that, not easy to face that one is it?
Have you confessed
Love to you to be free from your conscience too. Once I did that, talk about free from
Wow is me as in Isaiah 6:1-7
Confession good, yet to be forced to do it is under law that keeps people from being in God perfectly as their leader 24/7 forever
At least this be what I see, that you might see as wrong, okay be you thank you
Love from God to all!