How much are you like your parents? WHAT mannerisms of THEM are all YOU? :)

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
G

GreenNnice

HMMMMMMMmmmm.... ;)

J

Jullianna

Hmmm...I HOPE my life reflects many of the things I admire most about my folks:

MOM: She was a thinker; voracious reader; hard worker (singer before I was born/sociologist/teacher/magazine editor); loved music/dance; LOVED GOD; family was extremely important to her; tenderhearted but emotionally strong at the same time (true steel magnolia). (My mom was a bit of a hothead though; never liked that at all)

STEPDAD (he adopted me at the age of 6 so he truly impacted my life in many ways): He loved learning/trying new things; loved to have fun; resourceful; resilient; disciplined military man; curious about the world and wanted to see it all; a gentle giant; respected and cared about others; plain spoken, but open and caring. (Loooooooooooooong fuse, big BOOM - I'm more like him when it comes to temperment)

F

Faeriecat

Well, I have a checkered history with my parents.

My mother may have been a good girl at one point, but all I remember of her is her chain smoking beer drinking ways. I'm also fairly certain she did illegal drugs. From her I learned not to smoke and to never ever ever drink and drive though, so I guess that is a good thing. :) Mostly through her example -- in this case bad example.

My father was a military man, navy, worked in electronics on submarines. From him I learned patriotism and service (I went army) and a love of electronics and later computers. He was a quiet man who showed rather than talked.

Physically I resemble my mother, my sister resembles my father. Personality/skills/mannerisms wise I'm more like my father, my sis is more like my mother. Though, sis does not smoke either.

Neither was religious near as I could tell/remember. That I had to discover on my own.

L

lightbliss

It's pretty general.

I used to think I was so different from my mom. But when I visited the university I'm attending next week, a few weeks ago, I slightly saw myself as I saw my mom. At the time, I thought it was a bad thing but after thinking it over, I just realised I had more of my mom's likeness than I thought, even though our personalities are on opposite ends of the spectrum.

K

Kooper

I have her ears, her sneeze, and I think I have her hair. I'm not quite sure about that because I never grew it that long. But if anything, I have her sense of compassion.

*pauses to think*

Yeah, I probably could go into whatever it is that I've grained from her. But I think it's her compassion that mainly flowed unto me.

E

eelhsa

Well, I think I am more like my mom overall, at least as far as certain behaviours and personality traits go. I used to think she had a high-pitched laugh, but I know now that often I laugh just like her. Also, I know I talk like her.

A couple summers ago I babysat two little boys that she had previously babysat. The older one would occasionally tell me when I was trying to get them to listen, "that's your mom's face." I thought that was cute.

I think that when we're younger we oftentimes don't want to ever become like our parents, but as we get older and appreciate them more, it is nice to be able to see certain characteristics they pass on to us. I feel that way anyway. :)

G

GreenNnice

Well, I think I am more like my mom overall, at least as far as certain behaviours and personality traits go. I used to think she had a high-pitched laugh, but I know now that often I laugh just like her. Also, I know I talk like her.

A couple summers ago I babysat two little boys that she had previously babysat. The older one would occasionally tell me when I was trying to get them to listen, "that's your mom's face." I thought that was cute.

I think that when we're younger we oftentimes don't want to ever become like our parents, but as we get older and appreciate them more, it is nice to be able to see certain characteristics they pass on to us. I feel that way anyway. :)
Yes, I sound like my mom, I know it sounds weird, but I do , I have a singing voice that is similar to hers, guy style, but similar to hers. And, my dad has a very DEEP voice and I have his voice too. WHAT range ! :D Just kidding, or, well, maybe, I wasn't. If it's the truth, is it being narcisstic :D

Dad is very low-key and business-oriented. I am very low-key and business oriented and am an entrepreneur (in a completely different field) like my dad.

-----My mom was a nurse for 30 years and she cared for a lot of folk, from cancer ones to crazy ones. I am good at defusing things and my mom is too. One lady one time told me I was a 'peacemaker,' and, referenced the beatitudes in the bible.

___________Like my dad, I work really hard, too hard. The Lord leads.
___________Like my mom, I enjoy helping others.

A

allforfun

I'm adopted.

However....Daddy taught me two things in life. How to work hard and cuss. I've worked on cutting out the cussing and the working hard has stuck with me.

Momma taught me how to cook, be loyal a host of other things I can't put my finger on. I miss my Momma.

A

allforfun

-----My mom was a nurse for 30 years and she cared for a lot of folk, from cancer ones to crazy ones. I am good at defusing things and my mom is too. One lady one time told me I was a 'peacemaker,' and, referenced the beatitudes in the bible.
I don't want you to go into one of your long tribes about this ok?

Don't call them "crazy one". It isn't nice.

That is all.

R

Renewedheart

Dads Looks; Mothers heart.

C

christiancollegegirl

I look pretty much exactly like my mother down to the frizzy curly hair only mine is wavier. I also have her temperament.

I have my moms good spelling and my dads bad handwriting. I've been told that I sound exactly like her on the phone.

T

thimsrebma

I sit like my mom but recently I have been catching myself saying things that my dad says. The one I say the most is "If you do it right the first time, you don't have to do it again."

C

christiancollegegirl

Oh yea, I was also born on my dads birthday.

E

eelhsa

"If you do it right the first time, you don't have to do it again."
Haha, my dad says that too, and "If it's worth doing, it's worth doing right." My favourite saying by him though would have to be, "Don't take any wooden nickles, (they won't fit in the vending machines)."

I love my parents. :)

G

GreenNnice

I don't want you to go into one of your long tribes about this ok?

Don't call them "crazy one". It isn't nice.

That is all.
-------(--)------

So... allfunfor, if I say that eelhsa, after I having read her profile just now, must be a little cuckoo, you would object to eelhsa being like 'that'? :D

Ok, seriously allfunfor , I agree. And, I used to write for a major daily here and one time I did a story on the Special Olympics and I wrote my story and the lead was about a wheelchair athlete 'handicapped,' but editor toldo me he was 'afflicted,' so that was how the story went.
---
Well taken, what you said, I could have said that sensitively.

A

allforfun

-------(--)------

So... allfunfor, if I say that eelhsa, after I having read her profile just now, must be a little cuckoo, you would object to eelhsa being like 'that'? :D

Ok, seriously allfunfor , I agree. And, I used to write for a major daily here and one time I did a story on the Special Olympics and I wrote my story and the lead was about a wheelchair athlete 'handicapped,' but editor toldo me he was 'afflicted,' so that was how the story went.
---
Well taken, what you said, I could have said that sensitively.
Thank you Mr Green :)

K

kayem77

Part of my personality comes from my dad...he's more patient and reflexive than my mom.
From my mom I took her curiosity and questioning nature.
From my brother I took his sense of humor. I know I couldn't take it from my brother...but I don't see anyone else with that sense of humor.:)

R

rainacorn

I'm very much like both of my parents, despite my best efforts.

They're both really goofy and silly. I am that. My husband and I make up songs for each other all the time which is VERY 'my parents: the early years'
They're both intellectual types. I'm not sure if I am that, but being raised that way has served me very well. People make assumptions about my level of expertise and education simply because I speak/read/write well. I'm a college drop out, but I'm not paid like one. Thanks, parents!

I share my mother's love of office/school supplies. Fresh paper, new folder, sharp sharpies...*heaven*
I share my father's love for history, science and science fiction. It's like a hobby. Live long and prosper, homies.

I share my step-mother's love of cooking. She taught me that it's better to have a handful of AMAZING recipes than books full of blah.

G

GreenNnice

I got the wrong.face there, I don't have you looking like that 'chuckle' face. to me you're cool beans, allfunfor, much sophisticated like Ms moneypenny and sang froid like one British spy gent I know too. :cool: as you drive a 1963 Ferarri Testa Rosa down the autobobahn.

Btw, what were you doing in Germany and I only thought Danica exceeded speeds of 120mph. :D