How much is too much?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
A

amberann

I want to firstly state that I have not done anything, and am not even dating. But I have pledged purity until marriage. I know that it means so sex, and no outer-course-like things. But how far does it go. No matter what I will not go back on the pledge, but I would like to know for when I do decide to start dating so that I may lay the rules or boundaries down.
Thank you for your advice.

Liamson

Feb 3, 2010
It is entirely a heart thing.

This may sound crazy but, I was in love with a girl for a very long time. And the thought of doing anything to ruin what we had, would have broken my heart. I was so madly in love with her that just to get to hang out with her was a blessing and I counted each second as if it was the most precious thing in the world. I was so in love with her that I respected every fiber of her being, heart, soul, mind, and her strength. Our God was the master of my thoughts and in my innocence I had no idea about what it meant to do "other things." Don't get me wrong I knew about the birds and the bees but, that isn't where I'm going with this.

All I knew was that I loved her and as long as she understood that and would go with me wherever I would go, holding my hand, or waiting for me, that was always going to be so much more than I needed. We were like children. We didn't ask what wasn't becoming of us to ask, we didn't want, we didn't seek for ourselves, we just were ...and that is something indescribable.

I'm 25 now. We didn't wind up working out in the end but, love has a way of allowing us to feel life as it was meant to be. I have tried to recapture it through other means but, love is the only thing worth everything.

I don't know how to answer your question but, maybe its because if you are asking how far too far is, I think you are coming at this from the wrong side. There is no measure to your worth and no line that we draw in the sand that can be your judge. Listen to your heart, Pray and always seek the truth, even when it is least beneficial to you. You are worth more than you can ever imagine, just the way you are and if you feel like you have to change yourself for anyone, it is only because they cannot see how much they don't deserve you. :)

God Bless

J

Jullianna

amberann, you are a very wise young lady to ask this question before you begin to date.

Let's keep it simple. :) Modest christian young ladies know what parts of their bodies are to be covered by their clothing. There's a reason for that. Anything that involves any part of your body that's covered by your clothing being touched is beyond the boundaries of a young teen who has taken a pledge of purity.

Date only the young men who love the Lord and who have taken the same pledge. And know that you are actually helping them keep their pledge by drawing the above boundaries because once those boundaries have been crossed, it's very difficult for them. It's very important to understand that and help them out. :)

Now that you know about the physical, know that, as Liamson said, dating and being with the right person is not about what goes on under your clothes. It's about what goes on in the heart and mind, especially in your teen years. :)

God bless you!