How much should I know about God?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

theanointedwinner

Nov 6, 2018
You should not have the word "should" in your thread title

Don't burden yourself

Want to seek God instead of "have to but don't really want to"

Poinsetta

Nov 24, 2018
Because I died so now you have to eat me.

blueluna5

Jul 30, 2018
Thank you but I feel like you may have judged me inaccurately. I’m certain the Holy Spirit indwells me. I am pretty knowledgeable but I have difficulties explaining myself all of the time. I don’t watch tv or movies. All I do is read the Bible, pray and read books about the Bible recommended by people that seem to know more than me. I spend time with family in my spare time and I am looking for more people that have strong faith. What resources would you recommend? I currently get most of my answers at desiringgod.org
It sounds like you already are doing what you need to be close to God. For many Christians it's easier to believe we have eternal life than to believe he's involved in our daily life.

It's good to search. The only thing I would add is Christian music. Music will give you the rhythm and understanding in a way just reading can not. For example listening to the psalms such as sons of Korah provides you meaning where you miss just reading. It helps to get the word deep in your heart.

I also like bethel music, rivers and robots, loud harp, all sons and daughters, and young oceans.

Hopefully that helps you find more of God's presence.

Brandon123

May 15, 2019
Thank you but I feel like you may have judged me inaccurately. I’m certain the Holy Spirit indwells me. I am pretty knowledgeable but I have difficulties explaining myself all of the time. I don’t watch tv or movies. All I do is read the Bible, pray and read books about the Bible recommended by people that seem to know more than me. I spend time with family in my spare time and I am looking for more people that have strong faith. What resources would you recommend? I currently get most of my answers at desiringgod.org
I’ve found that GotQuestions.com has some pretty solid answers to questions you might have concerning biblical doctrine...

Deuteronomy

Jun 11, 2018
Hello @leahmariepierce, if you like DesiringGod.org, you will probably like these sites as well.

Renewing Your Mind - Dr. R. C. Sproul

Grace To You - Dr. John MacArthur

Gateway to Joy - Missionary/Author Elisabeth Elliot​

If you are an Amazon Prime member, there are a number of Christian videos that are available to you for free there as well. I believe you'd enjoy the newly released movie/documentary called, The God Who Speaks. And you can search the word "Sproul" in Amazon Prime Video and you will find a number of excellent studies that way too.

God bless you!

~Deut