How my Dad got Saved

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Oct 7, 2013
My mom was always a strong Christian and for many years a sunday school teacher, while my
Dad would go to church when we went, but that was about all he ever did. Mom prayed for him like
crazy, but the years went by quickly. Soon Dad was in his late 50's. I was a son who followed my mom
in religion and I was never sorry for that.

One day I was driving back from seeing my fiance who lived about 250 miles away and that night
I almost got into an accident and it made me feel bad to think that my parents would feel pain
if their only child died away from home. So I wrote a letter to them and in it I thanked them
for being good parents and recommended Christ if something happened to me and I passed away.
I wrote on the envelope that it was to be opened in the event of my death.

Months went by and finally came the day that I married and moved out, and I knew that I would not
have to make that long trip again to see my fiance and so I wouldn't need that envelope again to be
opened in case of my death. So I tore it up, and threw it out.

Years went by and I was happy when Dad went forward and accepted Christ. I knew mom was happy.

Then many more years and Dad passed away when he was very old. Mom called me a few weeks later and she was crying softly, and she
asked if I remembered that envelope to be opened in the event of my death. I did, but how could you know about it,
I said? She told me to my shock that she had fished that letter out of the trash when I threw it away and had taped it
together and shown it to Dad back when I was married. It had effected him somehow and he looked differently at
Christianity. She told me it was the reason that he accepted Christ. I was never so surprised!

The Lord had answered mom's prayer with that letter in a way I could never have guessed. And that is the truth!
If you have a loved one that needs to accept Christ, then pray for them as she did. He does things in an astonishing way!
Thank you, Jesus!!!

Today I still have that old taped up letter and I keep it in my Bible.

The wonderful Lord does things in our lives in a subtle way, but his power and his love
are the highest order. Thank you, Jesus!!!

J

ji

My mom was always a strong Christian and for many years a sunday school teacher, while my
Dad would go to church when we went, but that was about all he ever did.
--------
-------
-------
The wonderful Lord does things in our lives in a subtle way, but his power and his love
are the highest order. Thank you, Jesus!!!
Thanks for Sharing.
Our God is an Awesome Wonder Working God.. :)
God Bless..

P

phillip1980

God the Father has truly used you to save a lost soul. I am glad for you that you have faith to recognize God's truth. May God bless you and use your hands to save more lost souls.