How mysticism is undermining Bible Christianity today

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
And of course we can equally swing the broadbrush pendalem the other way.
"...some will deny the power thereof,from such turn away"

Cessationists taking themselves out, and others abusing the gifts.
Broadbrushing our way to "truth".

Without the Holy Spirit and the counsel of God,confirmed in the word we are blind leading the blind.

Ask the Holy Spirit to lead you.
You can not get a devil from the Holy Spirit
Jumping into a conversation with preconceived ideas is never a good idea.
You do not have a stitch of proof that I am a cessationist or that I am not led of the Holy Spirit. The broadbrush is yours.

We know the blood did and continually does what it ment to do.
The cessationists teach crucifixion to mature saints. So any discussion gets reframed into basic salvation.

That is why crossnote leaves out the empty tomb and the veil rent.
What did paul say " therefore we come boldly into the throneroom of God."
I see, now you are an analyst of crossnote, again assuming things you haven't a clue about. Very childish.

Mar 28, 2016
Waggles said:
That is just complete nonsense.
When a person prays with their understanding, and especially when a disciple prays in the Spirit [tongues], of course
it is a direct connect to God.
Who are you praying to? Mary? Joseph? St Boniface?
What's nonsence is the idea that men can pray in a unknown and expect to know something?

How would they understand why they are falling backward if God does not reveal it? The mystical, wonderment as mocking God with stammering lips feels good?

Take a guess at it or just fall backward and don't ask question that could lead a person to the actually know what the sign does confirm??

Isaiah 28:11-13 King James Version (KJV) For with stammering (mocking) lips and another tongue will he speak to this people.
To whom he said, This is the rest wherewith ye may cause the weary to rest; and this is the refreshing: yet they would not hear.
But the word of the Lord (tongue) was unto them precept upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little; that they might go, and fall backward, and be broken, and snared, and taken.

I would think twice about falling backward.(confirming judgement "neck broken") Falling back a picture of God's fiery judgment.

Try forward, a sign of worship.(many examples)

Those who come forward as a sign will not be affected by the poison of false doctrine.

Genesis 49:17 Dan shall be a serpent by the way, an adder in the path, that biteth the horse heels, so that his rider shall fall backward

1 Samuel 4:18 And it came to pass, when he made mention of the ark of God, that he fell from off the seat backward by the side of the gate, and his neck brake, and he died: for he was an old man, and heavy. And he had judged Israel forty years.

Psalm 40:14Let them be ashamed and confounded together that seek after my soul to destroy it; let them be driven backward and put to shame that wish me evil.

Psalm 70:2Let them be ashamed and confounded that seek after my soul: let them be turned backward, and put to confusion, that desire my hurt.

Isaiah 1:4 Ah sinful nation, a people laden with iniquity, a seed of evildoers, children that are corrupters: they have forsaken the Lord, they have provoked the Holy One of Israel unto anger, they are gone away backward.

Judas is used as Dan to represent those who fall backward...

John 18:5- (KJV) They answered him, Jesus of Nazareth. Jesus saith unto them, I am he. And Judas also, which betrayed him, stood with them. As soon then as he had said unto them, I am he, they went backward, and fell to the ground.
Then asked he them again, Whom seek ye? And they said, Jesus of Nazareth.

Jul 23, 2018
Jumping into a conversation with preconceived ideas is never a good idea.
You do not have a stitch of proof that I am a cessationist or that I am not led of the Holy Spirit. The broadbrush is yours.

I see, now you are an analyst of crossnote, again assuming things you haven't a clue about. Very childish.
Going by what you said.
Did you say differently?

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
Going by what you said.
Did you say differently?
I don't want to get into a personal tit for tat. Read my thousands of posts and you will see I have spoken of not just our crucified Lord but His death, burial, bodily resurrection, ascension, current intercession, soon return, Judgment and yes our living access to His throne of grace where we find grace and mercy in time of need. And oh yes, our infilling of His Spirit for service in edifying the Body of Christ rather than assuming things and spreading falsehoods about others.

Feb 28, 2016
AB,
you are 'nit-picking' on someone who knows and loves his Saviour
a lot more than many who speak without the same enlightenment -
check yourself and study to show yourself approved, a workman, worthy of his hire'.